Project Bob (Ravenous' Uncle)

I’m going to ignore the almost heart stopping amount of spelling and grammar mistakes, because if I got started, I’d never stop, but the happened when I got candy from the Vending Machine

And when I ate the leftover lunch

2 Likes

All of these were pointed out earlier and i have caught and fixed them, by the way removing the parentheses would not fix the one the divide by zero error. A random number of zero multiplied by calories is still zero and you can’t divide by zero.

Both of these have already been reported and fixed so you should not see them in the update.

1 Like

I delted what I had, and downloaded from the link in the first post (because there’s no other link)

EXACT SAME BUG!!!

And when I tried to rollback to screen-capture the vending machine event, I got this

2 bugs

If you have the transport menu open when you start the day you can override the character changing it, this allows you to take the bus or taxi instead of walking.

Also the Taxi is broken, upon ignoring the error the game does the previous action again before trying the Taxi again. This lets you eat endlessly and fill both the greed and happiness bars fairly quickly. If you still haven’t closed the transport menu then you can swap to walking or the bus once you have eaten as much as you want and progress without issue.

(This would be a screenshot if my account wasn’t new)
– Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File “start_day.rpyc”, line 10, in script call
File “travel.rpyc”, line 3, in script
File “D:\Mega\Bob-Alpha1.0-pc\Bob-Alpha1.0-pc\renpy\ast.py”, line 914, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File “D:\Mega\Bob-Alpha1.0-pc\Bob-Alpha1.0-pc\renpy\python.py”, line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File “game/travel.rpy”, line 53, in
File “game/travel.rpy”, line 100, in traveltaxi
File “game/npc.rpy”, line 171, in meetfrined
TypeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘getitem

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren’Py 7.3.5.606
Bob Alpha1.0
Thu Aug 13 01:05:12 2020

2 Likes

I believe i fixed both, by trying to make use of the fact that the transportation screen was not closed you caused both errors.

2 Likes

I have not posted an updated game yet!

2 Likes

I havent seen this posted here yet.
I started fast food clerk and i get it when i start the day before any other dialogue.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/dp_check.rpy", line 18, in <module>
TypeError: unhashable type: 'RevertableDict'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "start_day.rpyc", line 10, in script call
  File "dp_check.rpyc", line 16, in script
  File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\Bob-Alpha1.0-pc\Bob-Alpha1.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
  File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\Bob-Alpha1.0-pc\Bob-Alpha1.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
  File "game/dp_check.rpy", line 18, in <module>
TypeError: unhashable type: 'RevertableDict'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Bob Alpha1.0
Wed Aug 12 19:41:03 2020
1 Like

Slightly different trace back but same error pointed out by an earlier post, this one has been solved in the update coming out soon.

1 Like

Ahhhh, the way I read you’re response it sounded like you’d posted the updated game already, that’s my mistake.

In that case I shall wait patiently…

1 Like

Awesome!
Can’t wait!

oh! And after damaging clothing you cant get past the closet to continue the day even if everything fits.

1 Like

also pointed out and fixed.

Hm…Ive made 4 characters by now and this is my experience so far:
On my first character the game instantly started freezing whenever I wanted to go to school.
My second character didnt encounter many major bugs right out of the gate, but I dropped her after about 7 since I wanted the starting weight to be a bit lower.
On my third character I decided to give them yoga as a hobby. I hit a point at which no changes in weight seemed to happen at all for about a month. In addition I constantly got error messages (that you ,partially at least, already adressed, ones from getting donuts from coworkers, ones from working as a fast food clerk and finally ones from the vending machine.)
I played on my current character for about 19 days but right now I cant seem to go to work or school without the game freezing on me without even any error message…Oh well might have to drop this one, I cant seem to get beyond a month without breaking everything xD

3 Likes

I say come back in a little while, let zdeerzzz iron out the first wave of bugs at least.

This has a lot of potential and I can’t wait to see it grow.

3 Likes

Yeah I think thats best for now.
It has a lot of potential but as expected, needs a lot of polish too.

1 Like

I decided to try again and Im in a weird situation yet again. Its really really easy to hit max fitness if you start out with a decent amount at the start and my character, even when reaching her target weight, just refuses to not do an olympian exercise a day, which sorta locks me at max fitness and max happieness…I can force some weight gain, by making her eat 4 times and exercise only once…but if I even remotely try to get into an ordinary schedule one of her friends just comes along tells her to loose weight and firces her into a second daily marathon. I tried forcing her to gain weight, I tried letting her have her target weight, lowering and raising things slowly but nothing really works…That tutorial is going to be real neccissary. xD

2 Likes

I have just posted an updated game where i have tried to fix all posted issues. I really appreciate all of you who tried the game. Also appreciate all the bug reports. Also want to cover that i am taking into consideration all the feed back on balance of the game mechanics.

All the links for download have been updated in the first post in the first!

Also I am by no means an artist or writer, and if any artist or writers are interested in contributing something to the project pleas reach out to me.

3 Likes

I’m sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File “game/p_work.rpy”, line 88, in
File “game/pfuncs.rpy”, line 494, in eventsfire
File “game/pfuncs.rpy”, line 460, in eventfire
File “game/eventslist_work_general.rpy”, line 30, in coworker_leftovers
ZeroDivisionError: integer division or modulo by zero

– Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File “start_day.rpyc”, line 12, in script call
File “p_work.rpyc”, line 88, in script
File “H:\WG\Bob-Alpha1.1-pc\Bob-Alpha1.1-pc\renpy\ast.py”, line 914, in execute
File “H:\WG\Bob-Alpha1.1-pc\Bob-Alpha1.1-pc\renpy\python.py”, line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
File “game/p_work.rpy”, line 88, in
File “game/pfuncs.rpy”, line 494, in eventsfire
File “game/pfuncs.rpy”, line 460, in eventfire
File “game/eventslist_work_general.rpy”, line 30, in coworker_leftovers
ZeroDivisionError: integer division or modulo by zero

1 Like

just confirming your playing the just released alpha 1.1

Is there any way to avoid being bombarded by people telling you to lose weight? It seems like every coworker is desperate for you to be thin :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Sure am. The division by zero errors pop up with increasing frequency and basically every day cycle.

2 Likes