Project F.A.T. v1.8.6 - Completion

Yeah I’m aware of all of them. Actually making hand written notes on how to restructure that entire event sequence so it shouldn’t break. Might break it up over multiple events since having it all on one page tends to screw things over.

1 Like

I’m glad you enjoy it!
Eventually everyone will be edible. A lot of the NPC’s will undergo some changes in the coming updates. Mostly tweaking their conditional checks, changing up some dialogue and potentially adding a branch that alters the dialogue based on your corruption.

Sadly as much as I’d love to add “eat the other contestant” in the eating contest, it’s already a hot mess of bugs as it is. Once I get it working, I may add that as a skill in future. That can only be gotten if you are corrupt enough to use it.

The port is unfinished since the maps following it aren’t done either. I have a fair bit more planned out for the game. New areas to travel, new people to eat. For now, I want to get things squeaky clean and big free before I start adding more stuff that I will have to go back and fix. (That’s just personal preference to me really)

I did think about multiple monsters. Since you can potentially get a new party member (well you can now but it soft locks the game cause of my own fault) multiple enemies will be more common. Thankfully most of the enemies are set up in common events, so changing them to have different fights is pretty easy.

2 Likes

oh interesting, I can’t wait to see more !!! And good luck

1 Like

just a idea:
perhaps a skill that allows you to eat a enemy in battle if any two of the following are meet:

• weight above 600
  • your attacks are worth 150% of its current health
  • your corruption is above 5

eating enemies directly in battle could have various unique effects. such as for example:
tasty slimes give more fullness than if you let them feed you until they die
fairies have a chance to reduce your corruption
bandits increase your gold gain for the next 3 battles

also bug i found:
eating a cookie does not increase your fullness, it instead adds its fullness value into itself.

1 Like

Yup, the cookie bug was caught earlier. But releasing a plethora of map fixes seemed silly, so I’m just waiting until I get them all done (or at least most)

I did consider have a vore move in battle, I will have a play around with it, possibly give it a low chance. Although, most enemies do offer additional effects if you do eat them after combat (might be adjusted in future for those playing a purist route) the fairies reducing corruption is kinda neat. There isn’t a lot of ways to do that currently.

1 Like

I have some suggestions to make the gameplay even better than it already is:
Whenever Lucia’s stomach reaches her max capacity these things should occur:

1. Her belly takes on a light pink color.
  2. We hear a stretching noise.
  3. Her movement speed is reduced.
    Whenever her capacity is increased from being overfull (not including usage of hunger or rare supplement):
  4. Her belly returns to its regular color.
  5. We hear digestion noises.
  6. Her movement speed returns to normal.

If you would like to use any of these ideas I would be truly grateful.
Either way, thank you for taking the time to read this.
I wish everyone that reads this has a fantastic day :smiley:

2 Likes

Personally I dislike punishing movement. I get that it makes it seem more realistic, but I find it just annoying.
The other stuff is cool though.

The colouring is tough, cause I’m no artist. It would like pink slime rather than pinky skin colour.

The noises sound cool though. I may add them at some point. Most likely when I fix up NPC’s and add gulping noises when you eat them.

2 Likes

Do you know how hard-coded in the relation between walk and sprint speeds is? If they’re both easily customizable, you might be able to sort of get the best of both worlds by gradually slowing walk speed but keeping sprint speed constant, like she’s actively drawing on the power the experiments give her to overcome the unwieldiness of her physique.

I won’t be changing the move speed. Hell , i thought about upping it cause I like moving fast.

The idea of walking slower and sprinting normally is a decent idea. I believe it’s a script call, so shouldn’t be too hard if I want to go down that path. Maybe something like disabling sprint while your over-capacity, then it going back to normal once your back to either under or at full.

1 Like

It could instead be a combat debuff. Where your slow to attack while digesting past your limit so its wiser to digest before fighting something. Would be less cumbersome than reducing movement speed.

Yeah, I mean, I think the key takeaway here is it’s hot to see the effects of weight gain on the body, whatever form those effects might take. Integrating stages of gain into various aspects of gameplay so you can see how the extra heft both encumbers you in various ways and occasionally enables you to do things you were previously too skinny for (Feeder Fantasy’s sumo competition is a good example of this).

Ideally, like you say, it shouldn’t go so far as to become a burden on the player’s flow as they progress through the game, but that’s not to say it should never factor into gameplay rather than just events. Finding it easier/harder to complete challenges that were respectively hard/easy at a skinny size is a source of eroticism all on its own, though I’m not sure where you might go about implementing things like that at this point since all the explicit “gameplay” sections are pretty simple and streamlined.

Anyway discussions like this are probably gonna be a moot point for however much time a number of additional updates translates to since there are more pressing matters that need fixing before optimizations and content expansions should be given serious consideration.

2 Likes

Okay. Bug fixes should be live and fix most of the shitty issues that got created. I think I got most of them, but I have been sick, so there’s a chance I may have missed some.

Enjoy!

2 Likes

Damn I wish I’d waited like a day if you were gonna do this lol. I just shared the link to the previous build on a large forum.

Really excited to get into this and see how much more polished it is!

About to dig into some of the new content, but on a quick little test I see somebody forgot to implement all them sprite fixes I gave 'em, tsk tsk tsk.

1 Like

Oh what forum is that? I may check it out :smiley:

Drat. I knew there was something I didn’t do -_________-

1 Like

You better hop to it, I didn’t spend all that time needlessly re-editing sprites to make them look slightly better and correct perspective issues for nothing!
As for the whole speed idea, I’m definitely in favor of Lucia getting slower as she piles on weight, it’d really sell how big she ends up at the larger sizes, it’s just a little weird to have some two-ton blob waddling around at a light running speed. If anything I’m sure it wouldn’t be too hard to implement as a togglable option, speedy mode for people that just wanna get where they’re going and slow mode for people who wanna feel the fatness.
I think if anything would expedite the entire experience it’s cutting down on the size of some interiors, Anna’s house is inordinately huge for the tiny space it occupies on the map, the barn has loads of empty space, even the slime farmer’s place is way too big for the amount of interactable objects in it.
And you still get put in the wrong spot after coming in from the yard with the slimes in it, that’s been happening since the first version of the game.

2 Likes

Seriously? No one told me that! Well, least its not game breaking…
I will look into a toggleable speed thingie. It does make sense to say the least. Might tie it to a key item which can be turned off and on.

If you really want to go the extra mile, a little camera shake and heavy footstep sound effect could also help to sell a character’s size at higher weights. If I remember correctly, there’s already a bit of camera shake in the cutscene where Danielle’s maid is about to eat her, so I’m assuming that it’s doable, but if not, then just forget I said anything.

And while we’re on the subject of acknowledging Lucia’s weight, would it be possible to change the way enemies react to her at higher weights? I’ve always found it a bit funny how thieves and other monsters see no special reason that they shouldn’t attack a giant blob lady. Maybe you could let the player be the one to decide whether or not to fight (reversing the roles of hunter and hunted, if you will).

3 Likes

ill also let you know the guards dont disappear when you open the doors at the end dont feel to pressured to fix stuff man you can take your time really iron it out nobodys rushing you for the new update that quickly all in all its your game you decide how it goes my guy