Project Gaia

Is there supposed to only be one point to land on? I’ve upgraded a lot of things, and the forest is still the only place I can go to.

The current build has a gate to not unlock Act II content yet until it is more complete. I’m keeping a progress and a backlog thread going on my discord server.

1 Like

Just uploaded v0.1.0

Yep, still getting that ‘libi’ error I posted above.

Are you still getting this issue with the latest versions I’ve uploaded? I’m having trouble duplicating the issue, and no one else is reporting this in my discord bug reporting channel. I’ll keep looking.

Yep, I’m still getting it in the version you just uploaded, even with another fresh download.

I’ve posted the question to my discord community to see if it can be replicated. I can confirm that pixi.js is there on download. I’ll keep an eye out, and you’re welcome to join the discord channel to help track the issue.

Hmm, this may be more generic problem, as this is first entry in scriptUrls in main.js. This maybe some problem in the RPGMaker MZ itself interfering with your comuter setup. What is your operating system?

Try opening js/main.js and swap line "js/libs/pixi.js", with line "js/libs/rmmz_core.js",, you should get another error (PIXI is not defined) if you get anything else, then the problem is not the pixi.js file itself.
You can also try to open js/libs/pixi.js in some viewer or editor (notepad?), to see if your antivirus is blocking access to that script.

Just for the record, I’m running the game in Linux by downloading linux nwjs runtime and unpacking it to the folder where Game.exe is. This works with nwjs 0.48.4 (that is version which is also shipped with the game), 0.55.0 and also current 0.62.0. Second thing that I do for all windows games is that I unpack them in case insensitive folder (that requires some special options when formatting harddrive, then all file names in that folder and subfolders are treated as case insensitive, which is standard way how windows works).

EDIT: Now I tried also Windows10 (virtual machine in virtualbox) and the game also runs fine. I also unpacked nwjs 0.62 for windows, and copied it into the game folder (so that nw.exe is in same folder as Game.exe and files shipped by the game are replaced by the files from nwjs) and this also works. So if there is problem with nwjs, this may solve it. (Although I doubt this will be the case, I have not seen change in windows that breaks backwards compatibility with games for a long time.)

1 Like

Just released v0.2.0

The content gate for Act II content has been opened, although not all functionality is complete. Visit the discord channel for small patch updates and bug tracking

2 Likes

That’s great! But I’m gonna wait for the full version of 1.0.0 to be released like in full game mode version like other games.

Just released v0.3.0
Bug fixes and a lot of dialog and log content for Act II

It looks like my antivirus is just destroying everything every time I unzip it. Not sure how to get it to stop, because it says it only quarantines one thing but seems to stop the rest of the unzipping.

I am working on disabling and removing more unused plugins. Hopefully that will eventually make anti-virus happier somehow. Meanwhile, have you tried disabling your antivirus for the unzip and then restoring it when you are finished?

v0.4.0
Added some more walking sprites
Added first SFX for some of the expansion content
bug fixes.
Lots of other stuff.
It was a big list, check out the discord channel for the full list.

1 Like

FYI, the discord link is expired.

Thanks for the heads up. Just updated the link

2 Likes

Just released version 0.5.0

Revamp of the skills, redesigning the current surveyor skills into a tiered system. The character’s skills will level with their surveyor rank.

Also added anomaly powers, that appear in later stages of distortion.

5 Likes

Small patch: v0.5.1

In adding 20+ skills to the skill list, I forgot to add the escape skill back into the skill list.

4 Likes

So i remember playing 0.2 and this version had weight gain - you were able to gain weight and see new sprites of main character.
Now i downloaded 0.5 but there is no weight gain - my Dig went from 0 to 100, i have been transported to medical bay and still i never saw any new sprite for main character.
Is that how it is supposed to be?

You have to talk to the robot beside the computer to enable weight gain sprites and dialogue.

1 Like