Project Gaia

Why does Data Processing give you XP when it says “This station converts Data (GB) into crafting recepies[typo] and completing special projects.”?

Also, I went to the Personal Logs menu in the main computer, and when I exited out of the menus, these numbers showed up at the bottom of the screen and won’t go away.

1 Like

hmm, i’m rank 4, I’ve paid once for additional scanning, I’ve repairerd research/sensors/notyetmaincomputer…

uh why can’t I access the second beam down location? i thought each time you scanned it unlocked a new one? is that not in game yet? or did I screw up somewhere?

Hey I was thinking of eventually allow unlocking of crafting recipes (spell checked) when I had a lot more in the game. But you’re right, I can easily change the text later when that functionality is actually in.

They’re part of the item plugin I have implemented for so many things. I’m sure they’re supposed to be shortcuts for certain items. There are a lot of little things like this that these awesome plugins bring in, I’m just slowly trimming what I don’t really need.

I’ve set the additional anomaly locations to be locked behind the objectives. When you complete all the objectives for Act I, II, and so on, you’ll be rewarded with a small cutscene, and then your survey data will show the new anomaly sites on the transport map.

I’ve programmed ALICE, the main computer to handle your mission tracking. See her for your current progress.

For clarification, currently for v0.5 Act I and II are unlocked. The upcoming v0.6 will unlock Act III for patreon supporters. It will be released to free on itch.io once supporters get their hands on v0.7

As for the overall state of the game, I feel pretty close to getting to v1.0. The big roadmap items to get there will be:

• A second theme and gameplay to choose from. Currently, patreon supporters have given me the resources to have commissions started for a few different themes in progress.
  • The current story fully unlocked (Act I, II, III). Depending on how quick art comes for a second gameplay, possibly for a second. MVP will be the second gameplay at least unlocked for Act I
  • Once two gameplays are in, then a revised introduction that explains things better and allows the player to choose their story theme in a clear way
  • A few other quality of life adjustments, such as tweaks to character skills in encounters, encounter monsters in general, abundance of gatherables on the surface, etc.
1 Like

The game needs a lot of quality of life changes.

The “Deep Scan” ability is totally useless. It doesn’t give crits anywhere near enough to be worth the energy. And the damage you do is SO inconsistent. Sometimes I do half the monster’s health bar, sometimes I do 1/10th. The randomness is really irritating.

Grinding for GB is torture. Once you get the large anomalies, all you do is wander back and forth HOPING to get the signal anomaly monsters show up when 3 out of 4 of them are gonna be mineral anomalies, and then hope they drop good anomaly items when 9 out of 10 of them are gonna be minor ones. Just make the large anomalies respawn so we can collect them repeatedly like minerals.

I can’t see the anomaly powers that show up, all the text is mashed together and unreadable.

1 Like

The overworld says the desert location has 2 anomalies left, but I cannot for the life of me find them despite having walked over every square of the map.

Might this hound get a explanation on what you mean by ‘theme’ in this case?

so uh what’s the point in scanning? do I have to reach 100% scanning to get to act2? because it’s 8% scan per 1000 data and you can only earn like 150-200data per run (even assuming you get luck enough to find two minor anomaly enemies)… which seems WAY grindier than it should be? (in act1 the megda dump of like 2000data from the white circle on the map is one time only).

I’m sort of still confused about the arc of the game, because… if you’re supposed to run the exact same map like200 times in a row before you can progress that seems a little wrong, especially since it’s more like 20-30 visits to the map to repair everything that can be repaired in act1?

2 Likes

By theme, I mean a different form of expansion. Each will have its own slight changes to art, dialog, and even some story elements. WG is the only complete theme right now. I have commissions currently in progress for pregnancy, and hourglass. The other player requested is blueberry. I’m still trying to find an artist.

Data collection is hard right now, as well as gathering. v0.6 is already going to have some improvements. The game is a continuing work in progress.

New Anomaly sites are locked behind Act content. So once all of the Act I objectives are completed, only a few anomaly scans are needed to unlock the Act II maps. More sources of data is coming with the next version, which will allow players to have more freedom to spend it in more places at once.

2 Likes

I have just completed the first patreon supporter early access version: v0.6.0!
Act III is unlocked with the final stages of art for the Wg gameplay.
Lots of small tweaks. Found some more places to add dialog and story.

v0.5.1 is the current free version here on itch.io. If you enjoy it, supporters will get early access to the very latest version. v0.6.0 will release for free to itch.io once supporters get their hands on v0.7

3 Likes

The game will have a free version on itch io until at least a finished v1 comes out. It will just be delayed a version behind those that support.

If you are interested in supporting, it does help in giving me the resources to acquire some amazing art assets! Take a look at the patreon page. $3 gets you the early access.

1 Like

huh, actually kind of interesting. do you think a “random” option for distortion could work, like having a random one be selected each time you go down to a map?

also protip: you can actually use nodes multiple times

The current way you can switch themes came from the idea that the player could dynamically change what theme they want, at least up to a point when I really wanted to branch out the stories more.

But I also wanted more art to show the players. Since that is more static, I couldn’t see a way to keep the dynamic switching. Plus since I’m still getting art, it’s hard to have images for one theme and then switching to another makes it feel like its bugged (when its not) to not see an image pop up for a stage.

Instead the intro and tutorial will be reworked to pick one from the beginning. Players can always start a new game for another theme. But there is a plugin I have that I’m reading up on. A New Save + feature that could let me reward a player for finishing one gameplay, and then trying another later.

1 Like

Just released the new public v0.6.4!

• Last maps for Act III content are nearly complete. Working on the side quest for one, and then the transformation after a puzzle on the other one.

• This one is taking the longest. I want more on the maps and some simple puzzles. Something that is more fun than some of the early maps.

• One map’s puzzle is complete, now adding gameplay specific zones.
  • Objectives complete for Act III. Act III is not story and dialog complete, but the most important thing:

• The final WG stages and art is unlocked. Enjoy!

• Now able to repair the jump drive. It will still need to be charged with exotic energy to jump. If only there is a supply of exotic energy somewhere…

• Other expansion illustrations won’t be done in time for this release. Holding off on other gameplays.

• Working on concepts for new encounter gameplay and handling events.

• Found a text code to have all the text in the box appear at once. However it also doesn’t play well with the Text plugin I have for the word wrap.

• Still working on a rework of food craftables.

• Fed up with RPG Maker trying to make my players as deaf as I am. Reducing volume on all music entries until I start customizing. Will be doing the same for effect volumes soon.

• Adding more dialog to npc’s. Also adding a data reward for secondary discoverables. Large Anomaly encounters also now providing data.

• Added more ore deposits to A-043

• The Deep Scan is a big pain point for a lot of players. I’m realizing that leveraging battle core plugin for higher crit rates is working as planned, and the skill is too sensitive at lower levels and improved gear. Working on a new formula and other ways to improve.

• To attempt to make saves safe for porting into future versions, created the crew quarters level where the player can save the game in the captain quarters wall console.

• Autosaves and saving anywhere will still be active until this is confirmed to be a solution.

Med bay medical procedures for Act III stages are now properly unlocked.

The Act III maps can now be walked around on.

There were a few typos found, one more unlimited gatherable found and fixed.

Also reduced the Energy Costs for advanced scan skills in encounters. Still working on tweaks to the damage formulas.

• Fixed some typos in different places.

• Fixed where jump drive charging wasn’t applying, or doing a proper check on MC’s distortion status

• TODO: Charge Gauge still reading zero even though it’s charging.
  • Fixed bug where navigation console was disappearing after jump drive is fully charged so can’t kickoff the Act III end cutscene

• Fixed more infinite ore on anomaly deposits.

• Sector map now allows traversing over any terrain. Mountains no longer blocking movement.

• Fixed potential bug where completing medical procedures after all other objectives in an act may not have triggered the objectives complete.

• Learning new things about plugins:

• Found a label tag so that all sections of the ship have better signs

• Found a more reliable way to track steps and use that to trigger an event. Which allows me to have more control on random encounters, not just with traditional monster encounters. And also better control of rewards, instead of a chance for one item. Will test this in A-001 to test reliability, and to setup more random events.

• A lot of the crafted materials were accidentally marked as consumables. Fixed.

6 Likes

The Encounter Rate option doesn’t seem to be working, I have it set to None but I’m still running into enemies.

The flash effect whenever you act in combat takes a long time, too. I would speed it up or go with something else to make things go a little faster.

buenas una vez caundo ya reparas todo aun no te deja irte a otro lado oh nose como se hace pero yo ya repare todo ya

Me alegro de que hayas publicado que tengo a alguien que me ayuda con complementos para proporcionar traducciones. El soporte para esto se incorporará en las próximas versiones. ALICE the ship AI también es el rastreador de misiones. Habla con ella para ver qué más se puede hacer para la misión.

Glad you posted I have someone helping me with plugins to provide translations. The support for this will build in upcoming releases. ALICE the ship AI is also the quest tracker. Speak with her to see what else can be done for the mission.

3 Likes

how do i gain weight in this game i cant eat the food i make.

Most of the craftable food is still a work in progress. The base food still works, as well as spending time down on the surface of the planet