Project Gaia

would it be possible to have a “use GB to next level” option for leveling up? just to kinda make it a bit faster instead of getting these random ammounts

1 Like

I like that idea. When I provide more rewards and resources from encounters and side quests to make it less grindy, I’ll look to make it a clear path of exact amount to level up.

1 Like

you need to toggle the option from the robot at the top left of the ship

Yeah, ALPHA 6 in the computer room will offer the choice to change the game to another flavor of expansion, which each will have its own story elements and in some cases different mechanics. One of the upcoming features is to redo the beginning scenes to incorporate that choice, and to make thing more clear.

Just downloaded the game and played through what it had to offer. And all I can say is DAMN I enjoyed it, and the drawn artwork was fantastic. I just felt the game a bit grindy at times, especially the higher up I went in leveling up the ship.

2 Likes

Thank you! I do appreciate everyone playing during early access. The discord community on my channel has been incredible with highlighting bugs, asking questions, and giving me more ideas to put in. I do also have links to the artists there as well, so please come on in to check it out.

Meanwhile, this forum is the highest source for new players, so I’ll be trying to put out a roadmap (the grind is one of the target changes) here soon.

1 Like

How do I access Act 3? Also, can I do anything with the alter in A-063?

ALICE is the ship AI and can help with quest tracking for progressing to each act. Visit her at the main computer to see your current mission status.

As for the altar, there are several story locations that are being added and written for. There’s not much to do at the altar, yet.

How does Devour work?

The skills are a work in progress but devour was supposed to take the damage dealt to an enemy and replenish their hunger. Hungry and starving status are in good working order v0.7+ and this skill gives the player a chance to wipe out those statues and hopefully finish an encounter in exchange for a little more distortion.

While I’m talking about it, v0.8 is in progress. v0.7.x will release to itchio once early access is given v0.8

1 Like

Why not lower the threshold of when it can be used?

Yes, v0.7 already lowered the energy costs for skills across the board, created a new random encounter generator that allows for better loot and some non-battle encounters, and starting a revamp on enemies

Gave this a try as it was put on our radar recently and I came away pleasantly surprised. I enjoyed the theme of surveying a mysterious planet and getting stuck into exploring the unknown. I’m reminded a bit of the recent new board game Unsettled. Though that game puts more of an emphasis on survival, it might still be worth checking out for further inspiration.

I haven’t played all that far but the survey drone found in the ship has me excited at the prospect of more actions to do in the field. An idea of being able to deploy something like a field lab and/or workshop would be a great boon for larger maps to maintain the action down planetside so as to avoid the repetition of retreating back to the ship each time. These could give Sora the means to analyze data, manage distortion and build tools on the fly for traversing the untouched terrain.

I look forward to uncovering more of Gaia’s mysteries in the future!

2 Likes

Oh wow, thanks for the good, constructive review, and those are some good ideas! I have been wanting to add more of things to do on the surface. Hidden areas in the earlier maps that give you a reason to explore everything throughout the game, more puzzles, etc.

I was planning on adding robots which the MC can repair and bring with her to the surface. Maybe I make them the source for some portable equipment to do more things in the field?

Hey everyone, just uploaded v0.7.4 to itchio!
Patreon supporters just got their hands on v0.8 in early access.
I’ll update the dev log in the morning!

2 Likes

I just realized why it seemed like nothing changed between versions.
Everything was locked behind the fetish option.

4 Likes

Yeah, I have plans on redoing the intro where it’s a direct decision that comes up for the player. I was planning on doing it once I have the art completed for another fetish style.

That being said, I have enough art that for v0.8 I’ve unlocked the pregnancy gameplay style. Additional patches for v0.8 over the next few weeks will see the reworked tutorial and introduction.

2 Likes

I really like having access to multiple categories. Means I can put the change log on it’s own thread and let people keep posting what they want here.

I’m curious as to what the end game will amount to. I mean, we have a paradise planet that is lush with fertility and fecundity to the point of altering the cellular morphogenesis of non-native organisms (like Sora) in a process that is alien but altogether not unpleasant…

I could imagine that the players be presented with a choice - stay and continue to be one with Gaia, or resist temptation and reject the notion to make her way back to civilisation.

1 Like

must… resist… spoilers!
(Insert meme of Shatner overacting here)