Project Gaia

I’m sorry if this comes off as rude, but it feels like the game gets more and more frustrating to play with every update. The ‘turn off random encounters’ option still doesn’t work(at least, not in the first area, it seems to be working in the desert), which sucks because the combat is really slow and tedious. The action effects in combat are way too slow and take too long, your attacks do even LESS damage now, sometimes doing single digit damage against enemies with hundreds of HP, and now you can’t even escape from combat if you’re too hungry? Plus the numbers on the bottom of the screen are ALWAYS there now, and there’s no way to get rid of them.

PLEASE make the combat go faster. Like, just cut enemy HP in half, double the amount of damage the player does, and get rid of that 5-second-long flash for every action you do. And get rid of the ‘you can’t run away if you’re hungry’ thing, it’s basically a death sentence.

It’s not rude. I understand you’re frustrated. It is my first game, and I’m also trying to learn the restrictions that RPG maker wants you to play in when you’re making your game.

Another reason I removed any permadeath or any kind of death from the game. I knew that likely wouldn’t be any fun in an adult game at all. I am working on the grind and the encounters. The food system is supposed to really help with hunger, so use that crafting on the ship to handle that. I’ll also be adding a buff system to food so there are some extra reasons to use it in the weight gain story.

I’m still working on the grind, now that I got pregnancy unlocked I can circle back and really focus on it

I seem to be getting no encounters at all and I’m very confused. It doesn’t change no matter what I do with the random encounter rate

It’s not clear in v0.7, but you have to talk to ALPHA 6 right next to the main computer. It will help you with quest tracking until the main computer is fixed and to change the gameplay mode

Just ran into a glitch. As soon as I started Act 4 when you power up the jump drive and the explosion happens the character disappears completely from the screen. Anyone else encounter this issue yet?

Not that I heard of. I have a discord channel that has bug reporting threads for both early access and the public game. Did you have weight gain gameplay on? Could you post here or in the discord bug channel some screenshots?

1 Like

Here’s the screenshots. You can see the character has completely vanished as soon as Act 4 begins.

How do you start gaining weight? i haven’t figured it out yet

Make sure you talk to Alpha 6 (in the upper-left room on the ship) and set the game mode to “Weight Gain.”

1 Like

It worked, thank you!

I am happy to say that the early access version is getting the updated tutorial soon, which fixes those headaches. That too will eventually move to public release on itchio

1 Like

Ok this one is also really good. Maybe a bit too heavy on the grinding at the beginning of the game, but other than that great game. Can’t wait to see the other gamemodes (pregnancy and hourglass mostly). Overall,
9 rations out of 10 Gaiaberries

2 Likes

Maybe im just being dumb but i dont understand how to get enough data to process the signal info/do a planetary scan. I used the gb i got from the first area to level up. How do you get more data? Im at a complete loss.

Did you turn on the weight gain mode at the robot near the main computer ? Cuz that unlocks random encounters which gives you data

2 Likes

thanks. that was it. had no idea lol

1 Like

Are the strange purple structures when you fall into the cave for being too large meant to be interactable or are they just spooky cave rocks?

They are now just for decoration, but it would be nice to make them interactable

So uh, I seem to be dealing with some sorta problem. I downloaded the game cause I said to myself “hey, I haven’t tried this one yet, may as well” but when I get a fresh downloaded copy of it off itch I and try to run it I get the error message “failed to load: js/plugins/VisuMZ_4_WeaponUnleash.js”

Now this in of itself was worth bringing up, but I decided to snoop around a bit to see if maybe it was an simply typo or maybe the file was saved elsewhere, and looking for it I did find it in the MACOSX folder that came in the zip file, now the MACO didn’t have the game program so I can’t just run it there, but since it had all the other files I thought it would be a simple case of “take the missing file and put it here, fix issue, play kink game” but alas trying to run the game this way comes up with a new error “invalid or unexpected token”, so idk what the game wants from me at this point, and it seems no one else is having this issue. I wish I could bring more details but honestly that is all I got, hopefully v0.8 becomes public sooner than later because right now it’s impossible to even run 0.74 (and before you even ask, I redownloaded it THREE MORE TIMES just to make sure it wasn’t just a wonky download issue and each one had the EXACT same issue.)

0.8 is coming out soon. In the meantime, I can also remove this plugin completely, as I don’t think it’s being used.

1 Like

The __MACOSX folder is a byproduct of zipping the files from a Mac, and doesn’t contain any usable data - the file you’re pulling from there is pretty close to useless, and so the game will give errors if you try to use it because it’s not the kind of data it expects.

The proper plugin does appear to be contained in the game’s zip archive, and the game seems to start fine for me, so my guess would be that either you’re not properly unzipping the game folder before starting the game, or that somehow Windows Defender or another antivirus is deleting the plugin when you unzip the game.

3 Likes