Reflections VN Alpha

Yup, it works now. Thanks!

1 Like

Liked the demo, first time seeing someone using Tyrano on the weightgaming forms so i do hope the game goes very well aswell as hope their as many many routes and branches to give or MC and cast very Unique forms in such a VN, although it could use something like reset scene or some way to go back a few bits in case you clicked the wrong choice is my only gripe with Tyrano

we’re using godot in fact, I cant promise that many branching paths but I can definitely promise a ton of weight gain and some transformations here and there and yeah we though about adding a quick reverse option but at the same time you also have the save option you know? perhaps a quick save option would be better, to simply press quick save and quick load

IT looks awesome i cant wait to see this getting finished

I would.like to see a function where you can scroll back beautiful to previous said messages

thanks a lot for your enthusiasm and yes we’re planning many QoL fixes for future releases

2 Likes

This was a fun little Alpha and I hope you succeed in getting it to be finished! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:warning: THIS IS A REVIEW OF THE ALPHA SO IT MAY BE NOT SPOILER FREE! :warning:

Damn, quite the nice alpha you got there. I love those kind of visual novel and I can only admit that the art is really, really good (I really want to see more, and with colors if possible!). I’ll admit I like Valeria’s character, though Alan reminds me of my phobia to admit that I love larger women. And I think you wrote it nicely by the way, the fact that Veronica doesn’t believe that some men could like fat women is a real fact, and sometimes the reason why some girls are horrified by putting on weight. The stereotype of “men only love fit women, no?”.

Veronica was nice too, though a bitch at first but then she became more likable and that’s nice. We can say that she’s a nice protagonist, not that impressive, just a girl that gets you in her story and that’s perfect. The other bitch (I don’t even remember her name lol) is the usual bully and I know she has potential in this story, so I’m still waiting for her development.

With a second look, though, the plot with the stranger Giselle is a bit bizarre to me, like, she just tells Veronica that she knows what’s happening but Vero carries on telling her problem like if nothing happened. To me, it would be better if the stranger doesn’t tell anything and just makes it look like Vero can trust her, then tell his name from nowhere (but Veronica doesn’t care at first), cause yeah, an impartial advice can only be obtained from someone you don’t know.

The music at school could be rearranged I think, it’s becoming quite boring as it repeats on and on. Nevertheless, the jazzy theme of the streets and the one from the bedroom were quite nice but, when they end, it could be smoother for the repetition. The bass theme at school is nice, I love bass.

To end this little review, as I always say, I’m French so you’ll excuse my English. As I was quite impressed by the VN, I’ll be impatiently waiting for the rest and I wish a nice continuation. I’ll be lurking here and there if I’m not online ahahah.

1 Like

quite an excellent review right there, I know you wrote it as a review but I will answer some of your questions here
Patricia (the other bitch) sure will have more protagonism later, I can only say that without spoiling anything
the part with giselle was deliberately made that way so I could put in a multiple choice option but I do think it can be reworked a little bit while still keeping the optional dialogue
the music is pretty much a placeholder, something we put together so the scenes wouldn’t be muted, if the project gets funded we might even get our original mix from an actual musician
again thanks a lot for playing the alpha version and taking the time to write this nice review, we love hearing any sort of feedback!

1 Like

It was a pleasure, thank you for making this game :grin:

1 Like

I’m bumping this thread to show you guys some sketches I’ve made recently
I dont think this kind of assets swap will be added to the game but I though it’d be fun to experiment with it (lol if we only had full funding)

18 Likes

A quick update on this project:
we’re working on an improved version

Better UI that fits the VN setting
Full Color sprites for all characters
New animations
QoL improvements like a previous dialogue button, save states and more
A web based version you will be able to play on pretty much any device with a HTML5 capable browser
several other fixes
unfortunately the new version won’t be publicly available like last time and will be exclusively distributed through an itchio/patreon integration, meaning only 5€ patrons and up will access this new improved version, and this might just be my last push trying to make this project profitable so we can hopefully get enough funding to complete it a 100%, the current and next demo only covers a 20% of the full script but again, hopefully with enough community support we can continue smooth development, as always I’m open to questions here and at last I’ll leave you guys with the most recent Valeria sprite I’ve worked on

15 Likes

Not an update exactly but, I wanted to let you guys know I’m getting dang close to that VN funding I’ve been asking for, this will def help me keep this VN under active development.
here’s my patreon link in case you want to contribute: Anastimafilia is creating NSFW illustrations, comics and animations | Patreon

4 Likes

After 8 months of sporadic development the new alpha is complete, of course this is still an alpha and there are a lot of things that needs polishing but nevertheless this a big step up from the last version released in september last year. among the new changes and additions you will see:

improved sprite artwork in full color
more detailed WG animation for Veronica
some minor changes to the script
additional sprites
a new save feature​
a dialogues log feature in case you clicked too fast and missed something
new supported resolutions, 1080p is here and for those with a high res monitor a 1440p version is available as well
and more

this update however is only available for patrons at any tier level, you can subscribe HERE

if you’re already subscribed you can download the alpha from itchio with this link HERE

I’d like to thanks all the people who helped me put this together and specially patrons who last month reached the patreon goal to help me further develop this VN, there will be more updates in the future so keep an eye out!​

10 Likes

@Anastimafilia Relfections VN Alpha 2.0 is available to everyone now. You can see the details from their twitter. And download it from their itch here.

5 Likes

Is there a fast forward button or a skip previously seen button?

Not to my knowledge. There isn’t a reverse or rewind feature either that I’m aware of.

there are new updates for this project, I created a new thread here Reflections VN New Alpha

Closing this to avoid confusion with the new topic linked above.