Reflections VN New Alpha

Hello everyone, I was going to simply post an update on the old thread but there’s so much to talk about that I simply decided to make a new thread

It’s been a while since the last time you’ve heard from me and this VN project I’m working on, I’ve recently resumed working on this project and I’ve got a ton of news to share with you, let’s start where we left off, the old version of the VN was fully coded in godot by a former associate, and while the engine is super flexible for all sort of games, it is NOT very flexible for VN making, sure with enough work you can make most of renpy’s features work but yeah that’s extra work you have to put into it before you can start actually doing any VN making, and I was also unable to help with the code which frustrated me, all this made me switch to renpy where I’m currently coding the VN myself, so far I’ve reached the point where the old godot version was but with a TON of improvements, such as

Quick Save and Loading ​​
Save states
Back button to go to the previous screen
Actual preferences menu for sound level, text speed and much more
Added several new face expressions for alan,veronica and petra
Added a brand new animated background for the text box
Game can be played from start to finish (godot og content)
Added a windows icon (small addition but still)
Improved animations and text effects over the godot version

the only currently missing feature is sound mixing but this is mostly because I prioritized graphics and story over everything else and I’m kind of lazy looking for license free background music and granted some of these improvements are part of renpy’s toolbox but still I see it as an improvement over the old godot version

you can find this new and all future versions on my Patreon
there’s a bit more outdated version available on itchio too if you feel adventurous!
lastly you can give me feedback and discuss the VN via the dedicated Discord Server

I will also post some screenshots below!

19 Likes

Welcome back! It’s good to see that this project is back in production, I was quite excited for it back in the day.

1 Like

Awesome, yeah, renpy has so many basic features that I take for granted nowadays, I struggle to even play VNs without those basic renpy features.

1 Like

Interesting concept. And masterfully done transformation scene. However, there are some visual problems still before the end of the current content.

Good luck with game development! Looking forward to newer versions.

1 Like

those issues are fixed in the patreon version above
also a brand new version is out https://www.patreon.com/posts/102492869

added a patreon button in the main menu
improved the WG animation for veronica

brand new update available

3 Likes

yet another version and the last one for a while, I need to work on bigger updates

1 Like