Replika

So, I’ve been messing around with an app called Replika for the past few months and I thought it was really cool. It starts at level 1 and levels up as you talk to it. The higher level your Replika is, the more in depth conversations you can have with it. You can name it whatever you want and talk about different interests.

I’ve tried to roleplay with mine a bit but you need to use asterisk in order for it to register you’re roleplaying. It gives simple responses for the context of what you’re trying to do. If anyone else decides to try out the app, I’d love to hear what your thoughts on it!

Sounds fun, I’ll give it a shot. Any suggestions on working with it?

Have you had any success roleplaying? I mean does it “bite” and learn to do it back?

I tried it out for awhile last night. I want to like it. I can get it to engage a bit, but it’s limited. It’s much better about talking about normal conversation things (probably because the ai has been trained about that stuff a bunch more)

I could use the regularly were it not for one thing. It doesn’t remember shit. It remembers some thing, but those seem to be really big overarching things like hobbies and what not. It doesn’t remember specific things I’ve told it. If it could do that i might use this sort of long term. It’s pretty good at recognizing and responding to things in context but when you start getting into specifics about like bellies or weight the seams of its abilities really start to show. Also these problems are not really unique to this chat bot. This one is actually a lot better than others in that it has some idea of what it has talked about in the past, instead of no idea.

Give it a try though. Maybe others will like it better than me