Round Railroad: v0.2.0 Valleyville Update

it’s like that zelda game but instead of all that it’s this which is so far very fun

1 Like

Are the dialogue options tied to any sort of branching story, or are they merely for role-play purposes?

I am like were this is going.

Mainly roleplay, however there is a relationship variable with the party characters that goes up or down depending on how you respond to their questions. But for the most part- It decides if you avoid battles, character reactions, and which items you may get as gifts.

the files are missing

My dumbass deleted it while cleaning out my mega folders- it should be back up!

Also, expect the next update to go live soon! v0.2 is on the way for anyone interested :slight_smile:

16 Likes

You gave me a mini-heart attack by thinking that you actually deleted v0.2!! lol
Keep up the awesome work Round! :smiley:

1 Like

did you put the right one becuse it gave me roundbound gaining for a godess
nvm i looked at wrong file opps

:star2: It’s finally here! The train is heading to the town of Valleyville! :star2:

Explore the small farm town and interact with the people to help protect the people from the dangerous cult! There’s quite a few quests to complete, items to craft, enemies to battle, a new minigame, and of course some nice fattening shenanigan’s to experience. Head out into the first Wild Area of Round Railroad and see what is has to offer!

There are likely a few bugs you may encounter, but please report them to me ASAP so I can fix them whenever. I’ll upload another version in the next few days that fixes any reported bugs and adds in some new content so be sure to look out for that!

Thank you for your patience everyone, enjoy your adventure!

(Psst- join my discord if you haven’t already!)

17 Likes

are saves from the previous version compatible?

They should be. If not, it’s pretty easy to blaze through the older content to get to the new stuff!

Tried out 0.2 and have to say it was a pretty pleasant surprise at just how quality the content was. Combat feels like its just at the right balance of being easy enough to be casually enjoyed but not so easy it’s braindead helped a lot by the minigames being simple but engaging. Quests were well paced with none really taking too long to complete with enough footwork to make them rewarding. No bugs encountered during my playthrough either. Dialogue, while nothing special, was good enough to not be egregious or odd in any way, and the fetish scenarios were all pretty good in content and setup.

The only suggestions I have on mind are to remove the crystals asking if you want to keep playing after each save. Felt more annoying then anything else. Maybe something that tells you how many sidequests are left in a region. While they were easy to find and didn’t have to hunt for them, being able to double check and be sure you’ve seen all the content, especially as new sidequests open would be nice.

That, and perhaps in the future, some scenario where the fetish impacts gameplay on the player side rather then just fattening enemies. Be it simply a debuff, a unique attack, or navigation being difficult/different in some way. The cave section with the maid in your previous game Roundbound being my example. Someplace where it effects you but hopefully is easier to code and handle with it being in a sectioned off area.

Otherwise keep up the good work!

2 Likes

Trying to use the Imbue Life attack on the humanoid enemies but it’s grayed out, saying No Event: before it. Am I doing something wrong here?

Can you post a screenshot? It only works on the Cowhumans and the Cult Members at the moment

need 20 tp, it worked for me

do the main characters actually get fat in here??

Never mind I just had to restart my game.

1 Like

They do! Right now there’s no dynamic weight gain, but I might add some long term wait gain or different scenes where characters gain weight.

4 Likes

How do I get it to rain in Valleyville for the Waterspirit quest?

1 Like

There’s a shop in the main city left side that you can get to by climbing a ladder down. There you can buy an item that forces rain.

1 Like