RPG Maker, Resource Thread

It should work on any version(?). I’ve since made a lot of sprites that I’m more happy with than that sheet, anyways. Including:

2 Likes

The download link seems now didn’t work because of the files probably get deleted or something.

2 Likes

Okay, Hi, I’ve never done anything like this before but for a while now (like two weeks but still) i’ve kinda been making my own rpg in the meantime cuz i really enjoyed ones like currently unnamed, lanna’s adventures and witch of gluttony, and with that came sprites. To get to the point, I have several templates that ive made (not entirely, i really dont wanna take credit for them since it technically isnt mine i just resprited a bunch of stuff but anyhoo). As it seems, new users can’t really upload images so ill just put the templates in a mediashare or something (i hope thatll work)
(also i found a way to use the face profile pictures as their own thing instead of replacing them with another face entirely but i bet other peopel figured that out by now)
edit (twice now): i have no bloody clue which people were the original creators of anything, im just a girl in a shack, i can tell you that they’re all from the rpgs i mentioned previously and thats as far as i can go

3 Likes

Welcome to the community!

That’s a pretty good collection! I do the same thing. Looking at a reference if you’re going to be creating your own sprites is a great way to learn. That, and it’s always nice to have resources in one place!

1 Like

it is so incredibly good to hear that, thank you so much., it’s so nice to know your efforts are appreciated. I have been making more original stuff with this sprite style, but I don’t have them as templates yet since they were pretty rough, but if I manage to figure out how to make a thread where I can talk about what I’m making then it’ll probably be there. (oh god, is it illegal to advertise something on a forum that doesn’t even exist yet?)

Those are really awesome. Although, I’m not sure how to actually add them to generator. Each time I do, it has this weird overlapping and won’t work properly. Is there something I’m missing? I wanted to try make a game with a template that was posted above, but it doesn’t quite work properly…

1 Like

…oh my god am I able to put these through the generator??? I’ve been doing it all manually with fire alpaca for the longest time, If there is a way then I wouldn’t know, but the generator parts are all for the original MV sprites. Theoretically, if you were to edit all of the gradients and options within the generator, maybe it might work? I wouldn’t know, I’m a graphic designer hobbyist, not a computer scientist.

wait you did these manually? thats incredible. anyone can just import them and do it with the generator, doing it by hand takes skill…
i tip my hat to you!

1 Like

Well keep in mind that these are still mostly respritings of already existing things in the other rpg projects I mentioned, so it’s not entirely my hard work, but thank you for your kind words otherwise!

What generator is this?.. Asking for a friend…

RPG Maker MV.
It probably could work with VX Ace as well, but you’d have to make edits to resize it since VX Ace
uses a different size for spritesheets.

Can you upload that face for me? I can’t find these anywhere else.

I put this in the StyleGan thread, but I figured I’d also add it here because I got the original base that all these sprites descended from from this thread.Vitality Spritepack.zip (2.6 MB)

Feel free to edit them as you want and use the bases to build your own, but I’d appreciate if people didn’t put them into their own games unchanged since I do intend to make a game at some point with them as important characters.

1 Like

Hey guys!

How do I make custom fatter faces for rpg make mv?

Thanks!

I know its been a hot minute since this but does anyone have ang good resources for 1 block tall characters instead of 2? I’m making my first game on VX Ace and I don’t know how to do two block characters

I don’t know much about VX Ace but I think you just need to make the sprite sheet twice as tall and RPG will divide the sprites accordingly.

The one block tall sprites are much more like Chibis, with big heads and stuff

Here’s a collection complied by @Grimimic and friends over at the bugtesting discord channel. the folders are named by artist, be sure and give them credit!
rpgmaker expansion templates.zip (1.4 MB)

6 Likes

Thank you for the link! :pray: :grin:

This is just me compiling almost all of the sprites in this resource thread, everything inside here are not mine of course and credit to the respective owners.

4 Likes