Sarah Goes to College—a Quest text-adventure—New Release (No Joke!)

Thanks. I believe I tracked the issue, and I’ve got it working for me now. I’m not going to post an update quite yet, though–I already started working on a spring epilogue/summer prologue. It’s not long at all, merely serving to set up the summer sequence. I hadn’t intended to put it up separately, but plans change. When I get it finished in a day or two, I’ll press update and give everyone a sneak peek at what’s to come along with the fixes.

Update: Got it done. There’s not much to it, but the summer teaser is live.

4 Likes

The work you’ve done on this is fantastic, I love the replayability and exploring what paths are available, and I’m hype to see how the summer chapter turns out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow, even the wee update has kept me hooked. Thanks for that.

This is really good and I’m deffo looking forwards to more content.

My only question is…

Are we going to get some input on the events of Spring Break? It would be amazing if we could make a choice between bikini beach time times with Sis, or both of us binging at buffets, or even blatantly boasting about our bulging belly and bring about a contest to see who is the “better” binger.

2 Likes

I thought about it, but decided it would be a little too complicated for that sequence. But it is something like what I’m working on for summer vacation.

May anyone here tell me how to get as fat as possible in this current build? Thanks.

*and skinny as well, alright?

If you want to be as skinny as possible, pick Track Club in first semester, then only do the bare minimum the rest of the way. For the opposite, pick Astronomy Club in the first semester, then engage with everything else. If you’re still having trouble, or have questions, then let me know.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure it wasn’t the Astronomy Club, I remember being 160 already in Christmas but I don’t remember what route I took.

That is because taking the Track team route will get you a higher weight before Winter Break, but you won’t be able to fully partake everything in Winter Break. Taking either the Track route or going with Riley will put in striking range of the heaviest current level (cooking club is ten pounds less than that), so it isn’t that bad.

1 Like

It’s been a while since I’ve posted any progress, so I wanted to check in. Summer is going great. My computer got fixed, so that’s made things so much easier. My vague, original plan kind of ballooned a litlte bit, which means the summer sequence might have as much content in it as the rest of the game combined. I’m excited to get it out there, but I still have quite a bit of work to do. I’m working on coding a small postscript tonight, then when that’s done, I will be able to start filling in details and prose. My goal is to have it live by next weekend. Wish me luck.

12 Likes

Woo, godspeed! Can’t wait to see what you come up with. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good to know, thanks for the update. I think this is my favourite Text Adventure so far. I really like your attention to the branching paths. Thanks :+1:t2:

4 Likes

Thanks. I tried hard not to make it too obvious which path I preferred.

2 Likes

I think 150 is current lowest weight level as going with your sister on vacation will result in you gaining some weight. This also holds with I think the others as well, maybe not Summer but yeah it is designed with that in mind.
Also you can’t really get the option to watch your friends gain weight while you yourself avoid any, since majority of the options will require you to also partake in the weight gain paths just to see growth.

With the current version, weight gain is inevitable. I did that to make the back end easier, since I don’t have to put in so many paths for a player that hasn’t gained any weight. It’s also impossible to have anyone else gain weight without Sarah gaining weight herself. The idea behind this game isn’t about causing the gain, but rather the impact that Sarah’s choices has on her and those around her.

6 Likes

Since I’ve responded to recent posts, I feel obligated to give an explanation. I had hoped to get the new build live by the weekend. Now, here we are, two weeks later, and nothing to show for it.

I have excuses aplenty: family obligations, a new dog, the NHL playoffs finally starting. But the real reason is I miscalculated. With each previous version, I’ve been able to get the code relatively error-free, then finish the story within a week. This time is different because I’m trying to avoid undo repetition, and because there’s just so much story to write. I don’t want to give too much away, but suffice to say Sarah’s summer trip is easily two or three times as big as anything else she’s done so far. I’m sure you’ll see what I mean when it finally goes live. And we’re getting close.

20 Likes

Am waiting eagerly, with baited breath

Don’t worry about it if it simply a matter of miscalculation.

I don’t think anyone is gonna complain about more content.

5 Likes

That’s what I figured.