SCP Weight Gain Game (Proof of Concept)

This is mainly a proof of concept my interpretation of what an SCP weight gain game could look like and to gauge interest in the idea.
There’s not much gameplay here but I wanted some feedback in regards to the basic gameplay loop consisting of:
-performing daily SCP related tasks usually resulting in weight gain.
-forming relationships with the other workers in the lab with different scenes and activities becoming available as you get closer to them.
-different routes depending on your actions throughout the game.

Again there currently isn’t much to do and there’s a lot of placeholder art but hopefully it gets the point across.
Also I know my writing is pretty bad it’s not really my strong suit.

Please let me know your thoughts!

42 Likes

Trying it right now and i’ve got to say. HOLY SHIT this is both strange and enjoyable.

4 Likes

So huh. I ate the cake whole and then, when trying to go up the stairs, the game crashed

Why my fps drop to much ?

I messed around with it a bit and it seems to happen if you’re holding a direction while moving between levels. I should be able to fix it later.

It may not be well optimized yet. I might have to shrink or segment maps in the future.

i have never seen a rpg game like this i also saw in the image files scp-049 something i cant wait to see

2 Likes

This make me remeber a game “Dojo Crawler” same style.

it made me feel like a doom game with the walking

1 Like

imma be honest at first i was like lets see what this version of the same old rpg type games i played that not a like the dragon ones and after i made sure always dash was on i went holy shit this is far greater then the standard ones

1 Like

As a proof of concept this is amazingly promising. The build quality’s super high especially for a first demo and the setting’s simple and versatile enough to accommodate whatever shenanigans you wanna toss in to it. Very excited to see where this project goes.

3 Likes

Just wanna say this seems amazing, excited to see where it goes

2 Likes

i now want more of this it’s so perfect with the design hope all the scp’s look awesome in this

1 Like

The perspective certainly is something new, it does make things a little confusing if it is in the foreground, but I enjoyed what I was able to play

1 Like

Really interested in the perspective and the concept is really cool. I’m going to keep playing, but I ran into a bug pretty early. On the first day I did the cake. On the second day I did the slime and ended up with:

TypeError
Cannot read property ‘char’ of undefined

1 Like

ya i got that also after i got to her last weight stage but after refreshing the game it never came back up so idk about it

1 Like

Okay, this is genuinely one of the coolest RPG Maker projects I’ve seen in a while, just because of how it renders. While collision is a little goofy and I should probably try to use a mouse instead of a trackpad. this is super cool.

1 Like

This little project definitely has a load of potential behind it!
The rendering style is probably the most unique thing about this project, at least visually. It does have its fair share of quirks because of that tho, as it seemed to be hard to interact with things sometimes. The gameplay seems a bit repetitive, but it’s not overly so, plus there’s more to the idea yet implemented, which would spice up things a bit. Overall, can’t wait to see where this goes!

3 Likes

Imma be real with you, my heart sank at first when I saw this was an RPG Maker project but It soared when I actually loaded it in and saw what we were working with here! There might not be much meat on the bones of this project yet but this looks really good so far! I hope to see more progress in future!

5 Likes

Yeah not gonna lie I was kinda surprised at how good this looks. My framerate drops like an atom bomb on the second floor but otherwise this is really promising stuff.

1 Like