Seeds of Destiny

Looks like one of the new images is missing:
The rest of them are great though!

Thanks ill take a look at it

Ok, just updated the build to fix the missing picture error.

3 Likes

Ok, re-uploaded the build. Had to take it down for a bit since it was the wrong file. Sorry about that.

I just downloaded the new build and got a picture error too.

Ok, ill take a look at it again. Sorry about that.

I’m having that loading error problem as well.

Also, I’m not sure if anyone else is having this issue, but, when one (or both) of girls are not at either minimum OR maximum belly size, combat begins to lag badly. I have to spam the key to get the game to read my input. When they are at min/max, combat runs silky smooth. Outside of combat is never laggy.

Disclaimer: just finished the flesh dungeon.

The only issues I’ve had so far is a chest that changed to a different design after I opened it, and that the characters’ bellies get stuck at different sizes sometimes.
Also the first cave with the iron ore let me loot it, like, twice, then totally stopped spawning ore.
Aaand before I forget, near the end of the flesh dungeon place, those growth crystal crystals sparkled; all of them.
…but I don’t know what version of the game I’m playing on and I don’t remember which chest it was, so my bug reporting might not be too useful, heh.

Opinions:
-Seed generation is pretty slow, seems like I’ll never get the fairy village complete, it’s, what, 100+ seeds to fill them all? (Side note: one fairy let me max her size out right away, but the rest of the village did not. It was one of the fairies on the main village screen.)
-Farming enemy drop materials is a pain sometimes. I understand purifying them is supposed to help, but that’s trading one rare, universally useful material for another.

I think it’s “only” 14 * 4 = 56. To not spoil too much, I think it is pretty balanced if you handle it as part of the end of the current chapter (2), not right as you gain access to it. I have a feeling it’s supposed to also be the most challenging objective at the current moment, though of course I’ll let the game designer speak for themselves on that.

Not sure why that is happening. There is an option in the menu to change combat speed but i dont know if that would help you in your case.

“Challenge” and “grind” are not synonyms.

Sounds like you probably have an early build, not sure about the chest thing. Regarding the seeds for the faires, it is a lot for now but im also building for future additions in which you will be able to birth more seeds as the game goes on. This might not be too much of a problem after chapter 3 comes out.

Using the seeds to preggofy the enemies has been mentioned a lot, probably will change this to cost mp instead.

Thanks for letting me know about some possible bugs, ill take a look.

1 Like

Also forgot a point in the other post:
Sure, the player can put it off and do it some other time, coming back after the whole party is pumping a crazy ton of excess seeds, but 99% of players are going to wander through the village they just saved, see the fairy queen’s offer and dump all their seeds into the fairies, not have enough, then a good-sized chunk of those players are going to run off and farm for for literal hours, or outright forget and come back after they’ve beaten the game and have literally thousands of those seeds.

It’s not really a great set of options: either the player sits there and farms for literal hours, or they come back much later and it’s so trivial that there’s no point.

Why not have the preggofy spells cost a little power? Less than the value of a seed, and it comes with the lore that you’re basically pushing a bit of your pregnancy… energy into them?

What would you like to see changed with this particular quest. There are different options I could do like reduce the amount of fairies or change it to three stages instead of four. I’ve reduced the seeds to the minimum I can do of one seed per stage (in a previous build i had each stage cost one more with the final stage costing four seeds per fairy.) Overall this is supossed to be a fun side quest where you can slowly increase the faries pregnancys.

Another alternative is to let them reach the first stage of pregnancy and lock the rest behind checkpoints in the overall game story so the player wouldnt feel obligated to do it all at once. If you have any ideas let me know.

Probably checkpoints, tying the max sizes with progress through the story.
Could be handwaved as them having just woken up from when you saved them and they don’t quite feel up to being at max size yet, then have either of the main characters say something like “hmm, I wonder if the fairies are up for more seeds” at each trigger, IDK.

so what with the wolf looking girl? is she the third member of the fertility team?

Yes, In chapter 3 she will become a party member.

Sounds good, I’ll bounce this idea with the community and get an overall view before I consider making any changes.

2 Likes

I have to say I do love the Pac-man like maze to upgrade your character it is fun and quick also watching your character get bigger never gets old and I can see how in the next updates it can get super hard.

1 Like