SFRPG - EXPANDED - Custom Sprites

Ok so what I did was use Piskel (you can use other sprite editors like asperite). I took the sprite sheet SPTS_1_1_1 from the graphics file and dragged it onto piskel, which copies on the editor. Then I imported it as a spritesheet and made it 40x40. You could do it as a whole spritesheet which is the default 480x320 (I think). Then I just filled in the main color as red and the outer color as black using paint all pixels of the same color. Then export the sprite sheet with 8 rows 12 columns. That should do it!

3 Likes

The 8_3_2 sprite is small in game

1 Like

It’s the spirit done yet?
I just want to know.

1 Like

Sorry but the sprites that I download I have to put them in which folder?

1 Like

The characters folder

2 Likes

Graphics folder → characters. Makes sure the names are all correct. Use the custom sprite guide that the game creator gives if lost.

2 Likes

recently finished a commission from someone on discord to put their character sammy into the game! took way too long (literally just shy of a year, oof), but all 60 sheets were completed
SPTS_1_1_1

20 Likes

Wow these look amazing! One quick question after downloading them, is this all of them? Added them to the game but there doesn’t seem to be a 2_1_1, 4_1_1, or 7_1_1 sheet in the post so there are some gaps where it goes back to the default character. Good work again!

1 Like

I didn’t add all of them, sorry! didn’t realize people would want to use this
here you go
final.zip (961.8 KB)

12 Likes

What sprite maker program did you use?

1 Like

aseprite. pretty good tool for pixel art/animation.

2 Likes

btw, check the names of the files, bc some of the bigger sheets need a $ symbol next to them I think?
the guy that comm’d me had a problem with the larger ones not working, supposedly needed to add that to them, so just double-check the file names if you have issues.

3 Likes

I’ve solved that problem though it’s perfectly easy.
I noticed there is something wrong but I fixed it.

1 Like

is there a gatorgoth player mod?

G-Goodness, I’d better get my ass back on my naga sheet! Now that I have Aseprite, that should be easier…

3 Likes

HOT DAMN!! Well done!!

2 Likes

i did this because i thought it was funny

this pains my eyes

1 Like

The sprites are small when playing the game

1 Like

what dose that mean?

It means the sprites aren’t scaled to size

1 Like