Sims 4 Mod Ideas

A little update, and I know this isn’t a mode, but I have taken a bit of a break from modding so that I could do other things in life, but I wanted to create this…

Join my new Sims Weight Gain Community discord: The Sims WG Community

1 Like

I didn’t know where else to ask this but this channel, but I’ve heard that sim weight only updates during loading screens. Is there a way to fix that, and alternatively am I wrong?

Yes and no, sims weight updates if it hits a certain milestone which is usually in increments of like 25, or it updates if the game saves or if you travel off/on a lot, there is a mod which allows you to update their appearance by typing “updff” into the console, so I use that, alternatively saving the game updates the weight of any sim around.

Not quite, sometimes you need to save the game and it will load in the weight changes to your sim. Otherwise it will do it on it own.

Alright, good to know, thanks much!

Hi! Just wondering, what mod are you referring to with the “updff” console command? I can’t seem to find it anywhere, and it would be such a lifesaver!

1 Like

Idea A: Something simple that removes that one debuff that you get from eating poorly, like eating too many quick meals or sweets. It’s rather annoying lol
Idea B: An aspiration based around gaining, kinda like the gainer career? Course, there’d be some kind of buff reward at the end, no clue what it’d be though.

1 Like

Here’s an idea for a The Sims 4 mod that’s inspired by existing traits found in it and the previous entries in the series. It involves some Sims that get fatter from eating possibly gaining (if there’s an empty trait slot), or overriding the Neat/Clean trait with, the Slob trait (i.e.: Sims leaving plates and trash behind, burping or passing gas after a meal, etc.).

Hello o/

I have a question: is it possible to combine several sliders? Imean: if the slider at position X adds 1%, the slider at position Y and/or position Z adds 1%, too.
And now the important question: if it´s possible, does it work with the fit/fat muscle-slider, too?

If that works, i think a better ingame wg is possible.

How about some kind of furniture/appliance that causes weight gain? Maybe some kind of feeding tube or an invention for the scientist career?

I have an idea, I do not know if it will be possible since I am not part of the modder community of the sims 4, although I think it could be possible because I have seen a lot of mods in which two sims can make animations or something like that together. :thinking: :thinking: :smiley:

It occurred to me that you could make a mod to feed someone, that is, that a sim introduces food to another sim in the mouth, basically what feeders do to the feedees. I do not know if a mod that directly satisfies the community will be possible , but, I think this would be something close to that,this last thing it is just my opinion. :grin: :grin:

ps: Oh and I am not a native english speaker so if I said something wrong, well my bad :upside_down_face:

Was just experimenting with creating a mod myself, though I ran into a road-block. It may be a good project for @TheSimFattener if you have time.

A lot of people have requested the creation of new objects that cause weight gain in sims. Would be super amazing, but impossible without amazing skills in 3D design and animation.

What would be relatively easy, however, is to modify an existing object to give an invisible buff to cause weight gain while it’s used. The idea I had was to duplicate the claw-footed bathtub and include a “cursed” version that gives the user somewhere around 10 extra fat points (on a scale from 0 to 100) per hour of use via a buff, similar to the invisible “expanding waistline” buff from the eponymous trait mod. I would have done this myself but I got tripped up on finding where the cleaning/buff effects of the bathtub are stored in the code :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

One of the things a Sim can do in Sims 4 is go on expeditions to find ancient artifacts, so finding cursed stuff that could do this would make sense.

3 Likes

I like it! Yeah there are a ton of possibilities, would be fun to explore. I’m dipping my toe into modding myself so I just got started on bathtub idea the other day, have asked for help on Sims 4 Studio will see if that goes anywhere.

I would make a mod where sims can recommend to another sim to gain weight and can make sims be able to like encourage someone else on gaining weight. Also like a way where they can like be proud of their child for gaining weight or feel good about being larger.

This idea sounds interesting. Like for if someone is into gluttony while they’re temporarily stuffed, they get the flirty moodlet and feel more confident while being chubby.

1 Like

SimFattener I have two ideas, but idk if anyone has thought of this yet. How hard would it be to program a chubby chaser mod? Like a trait that specifically makes someone more attracted to members of their preferred gender if they’re fat or chubby. It could have interactions like, “encourage to eat”, or rub belly in admiration. You could even make it be like one of those reward traits so it doesn’t have to occupy a main trait slot. You could have fun with it and make it so different people like fat or skinny and if someone flirts with them whose not their preference, their shoot down will be something like, “I can’t date you, your too skinny!”. My other idea was not sure if you remember but in the Sims 3 weight gain/loss updates to your physique occurred much more readily and immediately after eating, and it feels like in Sims 4 it takes like half a day for your characters body to update. I think ColdSteelJ mentioned it would be cool to have their belly get distended after overreacting which would be cool, but I also think it would be nice to have some moodlet or counter counting down to inform the player that their Sim’s almost done digesting their food. One more thing, rather than have the character immediately go to their new weight based on how many calories they’ve eaten that day, their body gradually fattens up as they finish digesting their food, so there’s a direct in realtime correlation to food eaten / and an immediate set of visible results or effects. Sorry for the wall of text

I sifted through the comments and couldn’t find something like this (Sorry if someone already suggested this), an interaction to “Watch eat” that you can use on someone who’s eating to just have your sim watch them. They should have a decent romantic relation or high friendship, otherwise it lowers relationships and makes it awkward/embarrassing for both parties

Might help role-play a feeder character, and it should definitely help with ‘Fun’ for the character that started it

2 Likes

Not sure if this thread is still active or not, but I figured I’d post an idea just in case…

Trying to get back into the Sims 4, I realized that the max booty size is too small for me. Maybe you could make a mod to allow players to make sims with bigger butts & thighs. Just throwing in my 2 cents, but I would definitely appreciate that.

You could try adjusting them with MC Command Center. Once in game click on the sim you want to modify and adjust the sim’s parameters and set the butt at some number greater than what it was 100 being the maximum.