Sims 4 Mod Ideas

Well considering thats not even a thing in the sims, I feel like making inflation from it wouldn’t be realistic

You’ve heard of WickedWhims?

I have, but I think I am going to stick to making my own mods instead of add-ons to other mods.

fair, have a nice day.

1 Like

I always pictured a “Surrogate” career where its a sims job to have babies.

Just stumbled across your mods, I’m loving them and I can’t wait to see your feedee aspiration mod!

How about a mod that gives you the option to eat an entire meal? Alongside the ‘grab a plate’ option, maybe there could be an ‘eat’ option that causes them to pick up the meal and eat it like a single serving, with the meal ‘progression’ being the same as if you are taking servings from the dish. It’d take longer than a regular serving to eat with more calories, and by the end the sim could get an ‘overstuffed’ moodlet. Or maybe instead of them being associated with existing recipes, they could be standalone duplicates of existing meals that allows the sim to eat whole, like a pizza or a cake.

Just an idea, not 100% on the feasibility. Thanks for all of the great mods!

5 Likes

Could have sworn someone had already suggested adding the gain/increased eating as a neighbourhood trait but apparently not.

So, that. If it’s possible, of course.

1 Like

I don’t think I knew that a neighborhood trait was a thing

Neighborhood policies/traits/whatevertheyrecalled is a thing from the Eco-Lifestyle expansion.

1 Like

How about natural-looking fat body sliders that work for all genders? It seems most of the good fat body sliders I found out there are only for women, and the ones I have found that do work on men don’t make a sim fat enough.

A big problem is I found a belly slider and chest slider for men, but it doesn’t increase the size of the rolls between the chest and upper belly, which makes it just look like he has a potbelly and then moobs (that look like inflated pecs) that jut out like a woman’s boobs which doesn’t look right. I also failed to find a slider that makes shoulders wider, which causes my sim to look like he kinda has a pear-shaped body rather than the apple-shaped body I want him to have. So something like that would be really good. A slider for flabby arms would be helpful too, big soft flabby biceps, and a slider that makes a belly realistically sag instead of just kinda look like a ball attached to the body. Oh, and maybe roll sliders, and for men, a way to make moobs look like well, moobs, and not like inflated pecs. Being able to widen the space between the boobs/moobs but making it gender neutral would be nice too, I found one but it only works for women.

This is asking for a lot, so if you can’t do this, that’s fine. But stuff like these would be very useful.

I love your Comfort Eater trait, by the way. Thank you for making that.

1 Like

This might not be the kind of idea you’re looking for, but I’ve always wished for a sort of “vanilla” wg mod for the sims 4. Basically, a kink mod as seen by normies.

For background, early on in the Sims 4 development, there was a big scandal because one of the developers mentioned that sims could gain weight and get an ambition to lose it. That was seen as hurtful by some folks, but I thought it sounded both hot and like an actually good game mechanic.

The idea would be to make weight gain and loss more of an actual gameplay feature. I’m imagining eating healthily and exercising somewhat regularly being required to keep in shape, combined with a realistic negative effects from being overweight/obese. This would ideally be combined with a rebalance of calories and a general slowing of weight gain/loss since right now it’s super easy to gain a ton of weight and then lose it in a single workout.

It’s been a while, so I’m not 100% sure what’s feasible, but perhaps mean sims could tease fat sims, or fit ones could try to help them exercise. I’d definitely also support making various tasks more likely to fail if you’re over a certain weight, again, depending on what’s doable. In keeping with the scrapped feature, an ambition to “Get back in shape” might be fun, along with a negative mood triggered by noticing a certain amount of weight gain.

2 Likes

As far as implementation goes, the simplest might be to modify how fitness checks are run. Like, for a basic example, assuming weight is measured on a scale from 0 to 1 and fitness is measured on a scale from 0 to 10 (I have no idea how it actually works), you could replace the fitness check formula with something like:

modified fitness = max(fitness * (0.5 - weight), fitness)

This would mean that at weights less than 0.5, the fitness skill would act as usual, but over that you’d start seeing reductions up to the point where a maximum weight character would be effectively locked at the lowest fitness skill.

I also love the “celebrity gossip” idea @VT765 mentioned from TS3.

As far as other immersion ideas that wouldn’t require much programming, perhaps overeating could make sims sleepy? That’d lead to a pretty nice food coma mechanic and further raise the penalty.

For gameplay, perhaps cravings could also be fun, implemented as a negative mood that is dismissed by eating the food in question. That could add even more in the way of challenge to keeping in shape, especially if they were coded to usually be something sinful.

5 Likes

please please make a mod for woohooing everywhere like not grafic or anything just it’s so annoying that if there is no shower around and i’m trying to build relationship and stuff like that . like maybe somewhere in the bathroom or so or on a sofa . thanks for reading i didn’t really know where i could post this so i thought this one maybe i just read mod ideas if anyone else sees this and makes mods just give it a think . thanks : )

i have an idea for you is two triats feedee and gainer and an object.

the gainer would be the sim wanting to get fatter, they sometime want to hit a whieght goal e.g. would be the sim wants to hit a wieght of 600 by them self or with their partner, they would be happy when they hit the gaol flirty when they hit the goal and the they can feel them self getting fater, but if they don’t hit the goal the will be sad but if they are like 50 or 100 they should be fine with a moodlit, a time frame which the player can set the time like 4 days and add 200 within those days, the weight you can select the amount of wight the gainer wants to get within a time frame like if you want to do 2 days but want to hit 700 that would be inposible it has to fit with the amont off days you chose.

the feedee would be the sim that will cook for the gainer and sometime feedee wants to feed the gainer sim help them to get fater, they would get flirty when they see they lover or freind getting bigger in size from them helping them gain wiegth.

another thing that you can add could be wieght gain powder which will help the sim to get in to the mood of gaining wieght which comes in to play with the gainer trait and will help them to gain wieght faster just to the induvisal sims and the moodlit would be called in the mood for gaining wirght you can change the name if you want. i know that you have made something like this or simular but it is an idea

I just got another idea. How about making a Fat Admirer trait? It’ll make sims prefer to romance sims who are above a certain level of fatness. I thought of this because I recently installed Etheria’s Romance Overhaul, thinking it would surely have body types as an option for turn ons (I wanted to use it to make my FFA sim be turned on by fat guys), but it doesn’t. The Fat Admirer trait could maybe allow a sim to “serve food” to the feedee. I only just got Sims 4, so I don’t know if it has this yet, but in the Sims 3, sims hosting a party could hand a serving of food to a guest. I had a little tweak mod that allows that to be done at any time, which I of course used to have my feeder sim (who is a cook) hand a plate of food to my feedee sim after she;d cook something without him needing to walk “all the way over there” himself and grab a plate. Again I’m not sure if Sims 4 has that, but if it does, it would be doable for you because the animations would already be there.

I think adding some kind of “scales” would be very nice, that if a sim uses it, results in a message like the foraging or important events. I believe that weight in TS4 is defined by a number, and the new item would tell how much weight/fat levels your sim weighs… I know that you are not a modeler/animator/etc., but maybe someday someone on this forum would like to try to make a mod like this (or any other idea in this thread that, sadly, can’t be made into a real thing because of lack of competent people).

1 Like

Maybe a gain virus part 2 type thing, with new features like being able to change the speed people gain weight, how close you need to be to an infected sim to get the virus, how long it lasts, what emotion the virus gives a sim, and maybe a way to cure, vaccinate, or a trait that makes a sim immune

I was also thinking of weight gain themed aspirations I’m not sure what they would be

Some way to feed other sims

I would like to consider doing all of these things for sure, I just don’t have a whole lot of time on my hands for sims modding these days.

It sucks that you do not have as much free time anymore, but once you start making mods again, I’d be happy to help you with any artistic stuff. I can animate/model/draw but I can’t code lol.

Also my suggestion is: Weight gain that comes from magical means would be nice. Such as a cursed idol statue, or just various spells for Realm of Maigc. But creating an in-depth feeder/feedee mod complete with an aspiration and the traits as instead reward traits (We only get 3 after-all) with some type of giving food, would be great.

1 Like

So I’ve seen a few mods that enable the upper limits for sim’s weight to go well beyond the original EA limits, but it seems like RoBurky’s actually caps at 10x. Does anyone know how to make it unlimited? I’m not bothered about the obvious mesh issues.

1 Like