Sims 4 Mod: The Feedist Trait

Can someone help its not poping up on the traits

1 Like

Help its not working, the trait is not showing

1 Like

I keep getting the notification that the game file is corrupted. Anything I can do to be able to actually use this mod?

1 Like

This is what I keep getting. I dont know how to fix it either.

1 Like

The mod seems to be corrupting saves ATM. Probably best to stop using it until it gets an update.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been doing a lot of tinkering (both with an older save and a fresh one on the latest update) and havenā€™t seen any save corruption. Is this in reference to the past few usersā€™ questions or have you experienced this yourself? Their issues are related to the mod loading, not save corruption.

@BumbleBee Make sure you are downloading the newest 1.3.0 version, and delete any __MACOSX folders in the Mods dir. That is not part of the mod, but extra metadata the MacOS dumps into the zip file because they donā€™t give a fuck about compatibility with anything that isnā€™t an Apple product. Better yet, itā€™s completely hidden on MacOS systems so you donā€™t even know itā€™s there.

You get that error because the metadata is stored in files with the same name as the original. Thus, Sims 4 tries to load it as another mod and crashes because, well, it isnā€™t a mod.

@redoestimate This seems like a good guide to creating zip files without the evil folder.

1 Like

Seeing as OP @redoestimate hasnā€™t dropped by in half a year, Iā€™m releasing a version with a minor fix that restores the friendly feedist social that is fully implemented but doesnā€™t show up in game due to malformed XML.

This is the only change, so if you donā€™t use the socials thereā€™s no real reason to download this.

Feedist Mod v1.3.0-cf-fix.1.zip (60.8 KB)

Make sure to fully remove any files related to older versions of the mod!

I canā€™t make any promises right now, but Iā€™m looking to release my own feedist-themed mod eventually. Whether or not this happens will mostly be decided by how well my new ADHD meds pan out lol.

While I acclimate myself to the Simsā€™ Nightmare XML Forest of Sufferingā„¢, I plan on releasing a patched version of this mod that changes a few things, primarily around stuffing.

Something a few people have mentioned that I largely agree with is that itā€™s really picky about what food you are allowed to stuff with. Eating the ā€œwrongā€ thing not only doesnā€™t contribute to how stuffed you are, but completely wipes out the buff, potentially wiping out all of your hard work (clicking ā€œgrab a plateā€ 5 million times) cause you had a hamburger or whatever.

This is my biggest gripe with the mod personally and will be the first thing I change with my patch. Expect to see something along those lines released here in the next day or two.

4 Likes

If you manage to get your own version/fix out with those other changes, Iā€™ll be in your eternal debt! Canā€™t promise any cool mystic gifts or any cool warrior traditions or anything, so I hope you werenā€™t expecting that from an eternal debt.
May your battles with the XML Forest of Suffering be fruitful, and may the machine spirits be pleasant.

2 Likes

As can be expected I ended up getting a little distracted, but I do have a working version that prevents the buff from being removed from eating the ā€œwrongā€ food. Increasing it is still restricted to ā€œjunkā€ food, but doesnā€™t get nuked anymore from the wrong thing.

Feedist Mod v1.3.0-cf-patch.1.zip (60.7 KB)

Make sure to fully remove any files related to older versions of the mod!

This file includes the fix from my previous upload.

Iā€™m pretty sure I know what I need to change but itā€™s a real pain in the ass to pull this game apart. LIke, just the dialog interactions in this mod requires over a thousand lines of the ugliest XML schema Iā€™ve ever seen and there are no publicly-released official tools for working with this nightmare.

Not sure I have the constitution for modding this game but Itā€™ll be on the backburner at the very least.

6 Likes

Would you happen to know how to modify the stuffed moodlet even more so it triggers the ā€œpregnancyā€ buff so the characterā€™s belly bloats but it goes away when the moodlet ends and your belly goes back to normal?

1 Like

Thatā€™s going to require way more fuckery and likely delving into the scripting engine which I havenā€™t even touched yet. From the tuning (XML) side Iā€™m pretty sure Iā€™d only be able to trigger normal pregnancy which isnā€™t really helpful and would probably cause a resonance cascade.

Assuming the pregnancy visuals for the model can be manipulated though python scripting it probably wouldnā€™t be too difficult, the problem is mostly trying to comprehend the monolith that is this gameā€™s internals.

3 Likes

Youā€™re doing Godā€™s work, friend. Few have the constitution to tangle with the XML badness known as the Sims code. Hell, I barely have the constitution to tangle with Paradox Interactiveā€™s code.

2 Likes

Thank you! Thereā€™s a mod that used to be on LL called Gainers & Feeders that I used to use, but it stopped being updated and was taken down to be reworked around 8 or 9 months ago, so this is VERY good

2 Likes

sounds really awesome I hope you can figure out the bloated belly that would make the mod all but sweeter keep up the good work looking forward too future additions too the mod

2 Likes

This is a great mod! Anyone have a link to kastemelā€™s similar greater feedism mod? The most recent one I have is from the old sims weight game community before it got spammed up to wazoo with things. If anyone is a part of the new community, i would love a link for its discord! For now this will do, at least the hunger motive wonā€™t freeze or disappear with this one! I hope there is an update to kastemelā€™s soon, thats if theyā€™re still active.

2 Likes

Is this mod updated? thank you.

Nothing past what I posted back in January. Frankly working with this game is pretty demoralizing. Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll get a second wind at some point but donā€™t hold your breath on anything happening the next few months.

4 Likes