Some Bullshit - Stuffing Focused RPG Maker Game

Hello all,

Giving a quick update on progress. This next update will have not just new story content, but quality of life enhancements like a quest journal and an unlocked faster travel system to help get around the map. There is also some other new improvements to the game’s look which I will keep under wraps for now. I’m chugging through the main quest but am pleased to say a major side quest is already complete which should be on par with the baking mini game, if not larger. There are also two other side quests that I have planned to be included. I hope to get to all of them by the end of the month, but depending on how development goes, everything might not be ready in time. If I decide to reduce the size I will let people know here. I look forward to having it out and as bug free as possible!

Thanks,
Nerds

24 Likes

i’m just one person, so feel free to take advice from others first, but i think everyone would be happier if you ended up delaying the update in order to include everything you have planned, instead of giving us a smaller update on the date you have planned. either one works, but waiting a bit longer for that extra quality and content would be much more rewarding, in my opinion, so feel free to take your time and make delays if you need to!

5 Likes

this guy spittin fax, deadlines only make you stress and rush. A delayed update won’t bug anyone if it means the update will be better

3 Likes

I know it’s been said like, a million times at this point, but this game is just amazing! If you’ll permit me, I need to gush about this game for a bit…

The writing is surprisingly good, in the sense that it’s not quite something I would’ve expected from a game like this. I’m a sucker for a good plot-driven game. The humor is fantastic, I really appreciate all the tiny references that get thrown in here and there. I honestly have not laughed so much playing ANY game it’s ridiculous. Abbott and Costello! The Thing! SKI FREE!? There’s probably loads more that I’ve missed! The characters are oh-so-lovable. I was genuinely surprised by just how much I adored Prometheus as the “main character” considering what type of game this is.

For the kink related stuff, I feel like it’s really well integrated into the story and gameplay. Like, it’s the main focus of the game but it also doesn’t feel like it’s “forced” or anything. And honestly, that’s what I really love most about it. I guess it also helps that it falls into my specific interests and just hits all the right buttons for me.

As for the gameplay, there’s tons of exploration and even some backtracking elements. I’m a huge Metroid fan so I love that kinda stuff. There’s so many little details it’s amazing. You said that it’s not exactly worth replaying entirely just to play one minigame, but honestly I think it is. There’s so many things to do and find that it makes the game fun to replay. I definitely plan on doing at least three different runs; one pure, one glutton, and one in-between.

Surprisingly, the combat is actually pretty good. I mean it’s not groundbreaking or anything (unlike girthquake, amirite?) but it’s still fun. At the very least, the combat mechanics don’t make the game a slog to play through. Plus, the combat theme is amazing, I can’t complain. The music selection in general is top notch, I heard a lot of my childhood favorite games in there.

I’m eagerly awaiting the next update, but I’m ok if it has to be pushed back. Take your time and take care of yourself, I’m sure whatever comes next will be fantastic.

Anyway, sorry for the essay, and if my thoughts seem kinda scattered. This is my first time posting anywhere about this kind of stuff and I just had to get it out there. This game deserves all the praise it gets.

PS. Hope you don’t mind me using this PROfile picture (sorry). I’ll gladly change it if you prefer though.

10 Likes

Why the heck is the story of this fetish game so good and all the characters so lovable???

8 Likes

Is anybody else having an issue with saving? I played for about 3 hours and then saved before quitting the game. Then I went back in and it didn’t save and I had to start over. I figured maybe it was a bug with the area I was in so I started a New Game and did the intro before test saving and exiting like normal. It didn’t save that either. With other fetish games that use Winrar and Winzip and the like, it usually asks if you would to keep the changes to the files (which I click yes since that’s updating the data). However, no such option was available after closing down this game… does anybody else have this issue? I could try and just keep the game open all the time, but if my computer shuts down or I accidentally close the application I’d lose everything and I’d rather not deal with that. If anybody could give me some assistance I’d appreciate it!

Did you unzip the game? If you keep it in winrar it’s going to lead to problems.

3 Likes

You know what. I did extract it… but I made a Pepega move and kept opening from the WinRar screen itself instead of opening up the extracted folder. Opening it in the folder did the trick and I can play like normal with saving! Thank you!

1 Like

Update 9 - Spooky Island Adventures:
Our heroes have gotten to the Capital and learned some disturbing truths… and now they must leave to find a way to fix it! What’s there to learn? Even more disturbing truths! And it’s up to you to reveal them.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/pd554o5astwhebb/Some_Bullshit_v.92.7z/file

Please see update number 9 to my game containing Nordenhaven and the secret research island of Fehmarn. This is a large update in a number of ways. Besides the new main story and side content there is now a quest journal! The art has also received a big update with face sprites being added in thanks to the hardworking artist @clinko_clinko. Tell him thanks when you can. There are also two large sidequests in Nordenhaven after the main quest that I recommend you don’t skip! Remember to save often, you never know when your new favorite scene can be around corner. And if you do have ideas or notice any bugs, please let me know, bugs can sneak in the most unexpected ways.

A very special thanks to all my testers for helping make the game playable so quickly! Seriously, my beta’s are horrible and the game would be nearly unplayable without all your hard work.

Remember, YOU CAN CARRY YOUR SAVES FROM THE OLD VERSION. Simply go to where you first installed the game, look for the folder titled “save” and copy and paste the entire folder into where you installed the new version. You do not need replay the entire thing.

There also will be an update soon with a little more content added in, but I’ll have that coming out in August.

Edit
Fixed a bug on the secret recipe quest!
Edit*2
Fixed all the crashes and bugs I missed. Mostly post content bugs.

11 Likes

Whoa hold up. A large update, and so soon? You really do spoil us. Thanks for your amazing work!

1 Like

You certainly can continue to use Pro’s face, but you may want to update it to the new one!

2 Likes

Really enjoyed the update, that final fight is one of my favorite parts of the game. Keep up the good work!

1 Like

It…

sniff

It’s… beautiful!

I’m so excited to see what happens! Thank you for everything that you do, and thank you @clinko_clinko for the new artwork!

3 Likes

Does anyone have a save from version 8, I completed it up to there but wiped my harddrive and would rather start from there than from beginning again lol

This update was fucking magnificent. After a game of build up the twist that happens on the island is actually suitably spooky with a matching atmosphere that lasts all the way until the segment ends. @clinko_clinko 's artwork also somehow makes the characters even more charming!

The added dialogue when Lilacor is first equipped and whenever Pro attacks is hilarious. Can’t wait until Pro finally gets tired of the sword’s comments and blows up :3

There were however a bunch of bugs that I noted down while playing, most of them are relatively minor things.

Bugs

• Able to enter the Capital’s Shipping and Transit building that takes you to Nord by walking into it from the left
  • Nordhaven Plaza: At the statue after Clara kicks the rat bastard out of the way, able to walk onto the elevated platform from the left
  • Nordhaven Guard Headquarters: Able to walk into the criminal’s cell
  • Al’s Office: Exit square is above the carpet not on it
  • Wippsbruck: Pro remains in his manlet form after the ski course ends
  • Goblin Brewry Belch Contest: Prompt for holding it in too early showed if held for too long
  • Greenhouse: Able to walk onto the desk with withered plant
  • Heidi’s office: Duplicate copies of Emmie & Clara next to the stairs when bringing Pro’s present
  • Quest book: Secret Recipe doesn’t update after Pro experiments with making the new dessert item

There were unfortunately also two major game breaking bugs. But thankfully they’re technically in the post game segment of the update

• Post candy room, attempting to enter serendipity again triggers the break in dialogue and you cannot leave
  • Going back into the head archivist room after clearing the island triggers the demon barrel cut-scene again, unable to move.

Overall though this update is incredible, and I’m looking forward to more!

P.S Minor suggestion, but would it be viable to add an option to toggle which art style is used? Not all the sprites have been converted yet and it’s a little jarring when the two different styles are together.

1 Like

Thank you for the bugs, I’ve fixed them and have them ready to go, but I will wait a little longer to see if any others are caught before I update the new version so people don’t have to constantly update and download their files. As you said all the game breaking bugs are currently after all the main and side content, so it isn’t AS important.

As for the faces, I did keep all the old ones, but the main issue is that Clinko has done an excellent job in making new faces, like the thinking ones, which I cannot replicate in the old style. I will ask him if we could have some more faces for the custom characters. The traditional npc characters like the bartenders are probably fine?

3 Likes

Hot damm that was some fast bug fixing :open_mouth: :smiley:

Ooh ok that makes sense. A full sprite overall is probably gonna take a ton of time as well :sweat_smile:

sorry to boder, but i kinda stuck. I have the weel and feed the thing and i cant find wher to go next.

Go back to the the library upstairs, the first room you visited in the manor.

I at the libary, but i tried evrything and nothing works