Some Bullshit - Stuffing Focused RPG Maker Game

Did you go into the personal study again? If yes, did you then go into the door on the right? You can have Pro move the bookcase if he is in front

I totely forgot that you can changs leaders. Thanks for your time

Wow what a great update. Itā€™s nice to finally go to Nordenhaven after bypassing it earlier in the story. Helps with world building andhelps make the universe not feel linear for the sake of the plot.

I found two spelling/grammar errors to share and then Iā€™ll give my thoughts on the update.

ā€œeverythignā€ rather than everything.

Missing a word ā€œWhere should (we) put the demons?ā€ The addition of we seems like the quickest fix.

Update thoughts: The new face sprites are so charming and endearing! I love how personified and expressive they are! Great work, @clinko_clinko! Iā€™ll miss the previous sprites though, they have a nice classic feel to them. I do echo the idea of what was mentioned previously about being able to swap between the two. I have no idea if thereā€™s anyway to code it in rpg maker but a toggle option for either the classic or new sprites would be nice. If that wasnā€™t possible, the simplest work around would be a two different game versions, one with classic face sprites and one with new but I canā€™t imagine thatā€™d be very fun to do from a developer standpoint.

I like how the chest in Nordenhaven is taunting me just like the one in the slums last upate, except this time I have no idea how to reach this one. I loved the build up to it only for it to be empty last chapter. Obviously the chest here being unobtainable could be another layered joke of this and if so thatā€™s even more funny.

Okay story discussion and spoiler time!: First off I have to comment on how funny the sword is. I love how only Pro can hear it, as it creates so much comedy on that premise alone and how angry Pro gets over it suggesting to kill Heidi was both funny and sweet.

Clara and Pro bonding a lot of this chapter was really nice. Last chapter they seemed like two rivals always teasing each other over the slightest mess up but now they let up a little and it looks like they trust and respect each other, itā€™s really nice. The jabs are great comedy though,definitely want them to stay.

You did a great job humanizing ETV. No really, last update it really left a grim tone and a worry about Emmie and the demon inside her. ā€œWill we be able to save Emmie?ā€ ā€œHow evil is the demon inside her?ā€ Then we get this update. Esse is a really fun character. Much like the cast thought, I also thought ETV was a male. It seems a little dumb on me in retrospect fetish wise but I digress. Itā€™s great how she takes over and is the ā€œbig bossā€ of this area. It proved how sheā€™s pretty intelligent and isnā€™t naive. The forced loss is a good touch and Pro not attacking is perfect story integration. I do like force feeding as a fetish too so I approve of the real boss fight. I love how she seems to really be into books it adds personality besides ā€œhungrylolā€. Is she secretly just a snooty stuck up hungry librarian girl all along? It was adorable when she healed the group when the group reported to her. Those slime fights were a little tough but I think the shark was the hardest of the bunch.

This one is speculation-y but still derived in story details.I know thereā€™s the implied vore comment she made about eating Pro and Clara. Not sure if that was just an empty threat to advance the story or foreshadowing with her being the vore fetish character or something but just an observation I made. I am thinking sheā€™ll end up being the fourth party member of the group once she gets a new body? Pro the tank, Clara the debuffer/jack of all trades, Emmie the cleric, Esse being the- wellā€¦ much of Emmieā€™s magic is based around ETV I think if I remember right. Maybe the separation isnā€™t 100% a success and Emmie retains some magic powers and is ā€œcursedā€ with a super digestive body so she canā€™t get fat? Then Esse is just more of a nuclear powerhouse caster? Would be funny if Emmie somehow steals her digestive powers and Esse wouldnā€™t have infinite stomach compacity in the new body. Looking forward to the Ice popsicle thing event scene in the old lab. A lot of this is just rambling speculation but hopefully people reading this like it lol.

Recommendations/requests/Misc./etc: Looking forward to the Emmie Ellie retellings of the candy store event. I assume thereā€™d be branching art/result depending on the final choice. I hope thereā€™s another event retelling of the Mochi restaurant event too. These two sorta feel like a given based on past events youā€™ve implimented but the more request thing is the following.

Iā€™d love to see a flash back scene of when Clara was 18 and visited the candy store for the first time. Itā€™d be really cool to see a less strict and more softer Clara, in more ways than one. Having a past Clara would help flesh out her character more too. Iā€™d imagine chubby Clara would act a lot differently than law and order abiding Clara. I was labeling this as a request because obviously I donā€™t know what you have in mind but it seems a little out of the way. I know that this can come off as redundant cause we semi experienced it with Emmie and Clara in the present but I really like the idea of seeing the previous event as a flash back for the multitude of reasons provided. I think itā€™d really help scratch the WG itch that some players were looking to get out of her as well without further complicating scenes. Maybe it could happen in a dream where Clara re-experiences it or something? It could come up as a result of her being disappointed Emmie ate so much in the present event so we as players experience her original outing to the candy store?

Alright all my suggestions and ramblings aside, man itā€™s a little bittersweet recognizing that weā€™re in .9 version territory. It made me recognize weā€™re nearing the end. (I know that 1.0 doesnā€™t always imply a finished or concluded product but that was how I was interpreting this.) As players we always want content and sadly content isnā€™t always infinite. Iā€™ve certainly loved playing this game. Iā€™m not really sure how to conclude my thoughts without awkwardly extending my post further so Iā€™m just going to cut it with a sudden, thank you @Nerds.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s a spot directly facing the unobtainable chest, that when you walk onto will trigger dialogue. Do it a few more times and youā€™ll discover what happens with the chest :3

FYI, versions arenā€™t single-digit ā€“ 0.9 does not imply the next is 1.0. For example, Factorio is currently 0.18.36.

Ah, .9 is certainly not indicative of us being close to the end! I mean, we are more than halfway for sure, but I was just naming each big update of mine the next number in line. I didnā€™t even think about that at all.

And I am glad silentlight pointed out something important about Nordenhaven, there are many little updates and Easter eggs depending on who is in front of the party, namely Clara or Pro. For example, you may want to put Clara in front when in the candy shop and interacting with the poster.

Scene replays are coming, but I didnā€™t have time to get everything out, as well as the bartender quest. I am traveling a bit and figured that everybody would enjoy it now! Also give me a break from staring at rpg maker for a bit. Iā€™ve seen clinkoā€™s sketches and I think everybody will enjoy the scene replay.

I hope to have the more complete update coming soon in August. After then, Iā€™ll get back to work on the next story segment.

3 Likes

Thank you! I just got it thanks to your advice. I love the humor in this game so much.

Also it seems I have some investigating to do with those posters. Iā€™m glad that I misinterpreted the version number and progress. Also yeah I definitely want you to relax and take breaks. I apologize if I came on too strong.

Nono, I greatly appreciated your big post. I love stuff like that! People talking about the game is half the fun of me releasing it. Iā€™m really happy that people care enough about my story to comment on it.

3 Likes

The character interactions are the best part of the game for me :3 They just ooze charm and I canā€™t help but smile.

As for the story Iā€™m guessing EL, the mysterious antagonist, is actually Edgar fused with the summoned pride demon? Proā€™s gonna facepalm so hard once he finally pieces it together

Also anyone else finds it a little surreal that in the edible candy room Emmie complains about Clara belching in her face? Iā€™m doing a mostly glutton run as well and it feels a little hypocritical of Emmie when sheā€™s done it so many times by this point.

Is there any way of skipping the skiing? Iā€™m just pretty terrible at this sort of thingā€¦and rage quit.

Gameā€™s quite excellent otherwise, plot moves well, characters are endearing (as far as Iā€™ve gotten). Thank you for putting together something as nice as this.

Well, I donā€™t know where to start exactly since how much I loved this update.
The story telling itā€™s just improving with every new update
The characters personalities and interactions are just one of the best that I have seen in a long time.
And the the fetish and the plots that you use for them to work are maybe not that ā€œoriginalā€ but theyā€™re really well done and thatā€™s what really matters.

I loved the new pictures for some of the characters, they give the game an unique personality and so much dynamism over the default pictures that RPGmaker gives you.
Clara is my crush for sure and I love how youā€™re building her story, the fact that she was fat when she was youg itā€™s just great and matche with her behavior and her gluttony, I would love to see the memory about what happend when she destroy the candy secret room (Altough I found a picture on the folders but not the memory on the game, so I will asumme it will come with the new update and Iā€™m damn excited).
The fact that ETV was actually a girl was a bit shocking since in my head she always has some sort of demonic deep masculine voice but now I will have to replay it with the femenine voice on mind. Also now that itā€™s stablished that maybe in the future she will join a new host I would like to make some theories: Clara is the new host and she eats non stop cuz now she canā€™t get fat (or fatter lol), maybe Ellie would be the new host (? she has said that she wants to match Emiieā€™s eating skills and this could be a way, maybe the 4th character on the party could be the new host.

Youā€™re certainly one of my fav developers and your game is my top 5 fav, I know youā€™re going to keep developing great updates and hopefully if you want it, maybe more great games.

2 Likes

Super late at writing this but I loved it! The length and amount t of content is mind-boggling, Iā€™m envious of your sticktoitevness!

Iā€™m surprised you werenā€™t ready to call it a day after the 10(!!) hours of game you already had were complete and save the rest for a sequel but Iā€™m not complaining.

Thereā€™s so much here itā€™s hard to pick out individual aspects to comment on so Iā€™ll just say the cruise ship part was my favourite, the most fun environment and the best Inquistor Clara content (who is most assuredly best girl).

Now please give it a proper title so other people donā€™t share my fate of missing that this topic exists for months XO

Edit: Forgot to mention, the combat never hot boring once! Thatā€™s so hard to pull off with this kind of RPG, Iā€™m in awe!

1 Like

Iā€™m probably missing it, butā€¦ After opening the capital and returning the princess, how do you return to previous areas?

1 Like

The blue hut in the docks will let you travel back.

And to everybody who commented above, thank you. Iā€™ll keep working on the game until I complete the story at least. Sequels or other games Iā€™ll think about after this is all done.

5 Likes

hey something wrong, I am stuck on this scene. Am I doing something wrong?

@Nerds Is it possible to finish the Goblin Goblet quest yet? I canā€™t play the bar minigame on Nordhaven as the NPC says the boss is travelling. Also, I reported to the mob boss after the Mochi eating scene but the quest objective of reporting back is still unchecked. Because of that, the grand vizier quest is also incomplete. Last thing, is the Liliacor quest completable?

Those quests are incomplete as of now. When I do have content for them, I wanted to make sure there was a quest chain leading back to them. When they are complete I will post about it here.

Maria house, apologies I dont know what happened there. Does that happen everytime the cutscene plays? Does it still happen if you hold down enter through the scene?

no I hold enter to skip. it stop. when I take my time. it stopā€¦ I blame the cheat hack I found maybe that what cause it

This game just gets better and better with each update I am loving the 4th wall jokes also the characters are funny and got some heart in fact I am starting to love how they work off each other with each update, the story is light but it still keeps me wanting more, next the mini games are good but there need to be more check points so that when I fail it I do not have to started from the beginning over and over again and last add more side quests it would help liven up the town more.

1 Like

So, yesterday I had a plethora of free time due to the net being down, so I sat down and played the fuck out of this, just to get to the latest parts.

Found a bit of a looping bug

After the entire demon infested island, and coming back, when doing the recipe quest it gets stuck in a loop of the group talking about splitting up over and over again when I got into the archives

Also, I really love the bit of Claraā€™s backstory we learned

Once again, domineering women with glaring weaknesses such as her are like honey to me.

1 Like