Some Bullshit - Stuffing Focused RPG Maker Game

I’ve had an idea for a sequel for some time now, actually. And I’ll say this:

Indeterminate amount of time later. Clara and Esse in space. They’re a weird team-up. Emmie’s whereabouts are unknown. Their mission is a little bit unknown. Esse’s in a panic for some reason. But now that the game is finished. I would try to find a way to include that thief lady Zyntris into the plot. Also I would definitely leave Pro to a cameo. Pro’s been amazing from start to finish. But it very much feels like he’s deserved his happy ending and really nothing should ever touch, twist or alter that. I think it’d be a disservice to the character to conjure up an excuse to bring him back into the front lines.

Had to wait for a monthly slot before I could actualize it, but here’s a tribute for the road of Best Girl™ in a very (head)canon appearance a couple years from now, done by the very talented better-with-salt:
~

~
It’s been an amazing ride folks, still hesitant to let it go. I’ll probably give this a very enjoyable replay in a year or two. Thanks so much Nerds and Clinko!

39 Likes

I really enjoyed all the goblin side plots :blush:

3 Likes

Just finished the island and fought the Hydra. The whole Island arc was a blast.

Though I wish that ‘inflation-fruit’ (not sure what else to call it) was more than just a one off. So much potential…

Anyways, loving the game so far! I think I’m in the home stretch!

8 Likes

Hi! I’m having some problems in the tower of El, when i complete the section of rooms the game don’t work, just like when it “waste your time”, is it some type of joke and i need to wait a lot or it does’nt work properly? They just stand in front of the door, the game still working but nothing happends.

Sorry if bad english. You make such an amazing work on the game <3

3 Likes

That is unfortunate. I never replicated the bug myself, but i think the issue lies with the party’s order? Make sure it goes pro, emmie, clara. If that does not fix it, i will review and get back to you.

3 Likes

If you just beat the Hydra to get the magical peppers, you aren’t even close to done. Not even close.

Well now I’m even more excited.

1 Like

Holy! Thanks, thats work!

I never thought the order of the party would affect in something, so i put Emmie in the front to play haha. Thank you so much Nerds!

I wouldnt thank me, i was the one who left in the bug!

4 Likes

I’m late, but I’ve finally completed Some Bullshit all the way to the end.

@Nerds, @clinko_clinko, @thuasluhuall, and all the others whose hard work made this a reality, I’d like to thank you very much for creating and letting me play my favorite game of all time. That’s not an exaggeration by the way; I thought my favorites were set in stone for many years, but SB came along and defied that notion. The first time playing Mario and Sonic games on the NES and Genesis respectively as a wee lad, immersing myself in the stories of SNES RPGs like FFVI and Chrono Trigger as a kid, getting into co-op shooter experiences like Halo ODST, Halo Reach and Borderlands with my bros in college…I’ve got decades of wonderful video game memories under my belt now, but the happiest experience was playing through each part of Some Bullshit until the glorious end and its full release. You showed this old gamer that nostalgia isn’t everything, and you can discover something more amazing than anything you’ve seen no matter how old you are and how much has come and gone. Okay, I’m not THAT old but hey, neither are video games in general. The point is, this game gave me countless smiles and laughs, capturing my attention and delivering memorable and hilarious moments whether I was talking to a random NPC with one or two lines or watching a major cutscene unfold.

As for the final update, I’m trying to not make this post too long and I’m also trying to avoid talking about too many specific spoilers, but I think it’s safe if I stick to general terms. Just in case though, anyone reading this who hasn’t played through 'til the credits, go do that! The game is fantastic and the people behind it have really outdone themselves for the finale!

Anyway, this was the perfect ending, and it’s very difficult to write a satisfying ending after so much has happened and developed throughout the game. We got an awesome final dungeon, great final boss fight with some clever twists and the party of all parties bringing together so many favorite characters from a massive cast and granting a satisfying happy ending for all. And SO much of “the good stuff.” :wink: Speaking of characters, I was particularly impressed at how many new ones debuted so close to the end. Despite their small window of opportunity for screen time, all of them were quite memorable and instantly likable. I imagine fans on the forums have been updating their various tierlists :stuck_out_tongue: Great job on all of them, and that’s directed at the writing, the art and the sprites themselves! Any worries or fears I had about the ending were all proven unfounded and not only were many things included that I’ve long wanted to see (like CLARA IN A DRESS OMG) but there was so much I couldn’t have even imagined, once again proving Nerds’ mind is an endless wellspring of brilliant ideas. Seriously, I think I’ve said this before but the final update once again blew me away with how many possible, unique and inspired ideas there can be to deliver the classic and simple scenario of “cute girl eats a lot and burps”. I don’t know if anyone will ever count up each instance of this occurring but it must be a staggering total.

There is one specific part of the ending that I want to address because it was so amazing and will stick with me forever. Gonna put this whole part in spoiler text so don’t click until you’ve seen it all!

That ending sequence timed to the music recapping the whole adventure and cast. Wow. It was such an emotional trip through memory lane. Even the stabby bois made it in! And I smiled when Pro encountered Deuter and talked to him to make him stand aside rather than kicking his butt like the other foes. I cannot imagine how much work this particular cutscene must have taken, it took my breath away. The closest I’ve seen to any other game ever made coming close to something like this was the museum at the end of Mother 3. Those of you who’ve played it will know what I’m talking about. Those who haven’t, it has a fantastic English fan translation so go check it out, but make sure you play Earthbound aka Mother 2 first! The bit at the very end of the museum was one of the most soulful and emotion-stirring moments in all of gaming for me and Some Bullshit managed to outdo even that!

Speaking of “soul”, I’d like to say something about the entire game itself. I imagine some of you reading this might be rolling your eyes at my use of that term, as the whole “soul vs soulless” thing gets tossed around with memes so much these days, sometimes by posers evoking nostalgia for the sake of e-cred, that it’s practically lost all meaning. Well, I believe part of its modern meaning is based in referencing video games of old, before the internet really took off, back when famous games that we all consider AAA classics today were made by only a handful of people in a small room or studio, maybe even in their home. Games weren’t very mainstream yet and the people making them had no idea their projects were going to spawn franchises and reach people all around the world one day. And most importantly, this is where the “soul” or heart comes in, they weren’t (always) trying to create a product, or at least that wasn’t always the primary goal. It wasn’t a multi-billion dollar industry; the return on investment was much lower, so the main thing about games were they were a fun way for people with ideas to bring those ideas to life, to share that passion with others. The spirit of that age is something I feel Some Bullshit embodies and captures perfectly; maybe that’s why it appeals to me so strongly. Nerds won’t take our money, this whole thing was built over years of hard work as something for fun, something he admitted to wanting to do for fun without expectations of it blowing up like it did. And he smartly decided to share it with others and whaddaya know, that sort of passion and desire to make something fun for its own sake managed to create something that shines above so many other gaming experiences, something truly unique. The very nature of a fetish RPG means it’s not gonna become the next Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest (despite containing many non-fetish elements superior to most RPGs), but I believe within its own fetish niche, Some Bullshit stands as a titan like those more mainstream titles and I hope it will serve as an inspiration for similar games in the future.

Let me correct that last line. I KNOW it will serve as an inspiration. You have built a legacy with this game, and I couldn’t be more proud or thankful to have been here to witness it.

8 Likes

Just finished the island arc (for real this time) and my God, what a blast.

Summary

Was absolutely not expecting the Fantastic Voyage side quest, and it was super entertaining. It was even better replaying the sequence through the ‘memory viewer’ in the castle, where ETV warned Emmie of all the stuff that could’ve gone wrong. Most stories never discuss the possibilities of stuff like the dangers of unshrinking, but it’s a personal favorite of mine. I guess I’m weird that way, but I always like it when people bring up the dangers about what such a journey would entail.

And I absolutely loved the beach party. Eloa is new best girl!

1 Like

@Nerds Phenomenal, Absolutely Phenomenal, The start , the character growth, side quests, and not just the gameplay or screen art but actually having the text, story and characters leaving the player Hungry to discover more! (Ba-Dum, smashes head against the counter of a high school lab station) To randomly click on barrels knowing that nothing would happen 99.9% of the time, checking ALL NPCs before moving on, and lastly wrapping it up so neatly in such a way that it would be genuinely difficult to say “It should have gone on longer”. Thank You
BUT THAT’S THE PROBLEM
(I shall now proceed to backseat drive the shit out of your wonderful game while pretending to know what I’m talking about despite only having 0.5% understanding on story building and even less on game development)
MORE! PLEASE! MORE!!
Expand your story WIDER! (slamming intensifies) MORE side quests! MORE towns! MORE twists!
and most of all MORE ENDINGS!!!
Endings where the Emmie’s Ravenous Gluttony makes Esse not just think twice about wanting a new body but can actually tolerate sharing!
Endings where Esse has the choice to Rule along side the Hechingen twins as an advisor or “Inside” Emmie (it would make actual sense if you think about it)
Endings that if you were to go TOO pure that Emmie could force a jump to Elle and have to track HER down
MORE CHOICES!
a Choice to either have vore as cannon (more like a setting at the starting screen and the like) maybe kinda tack it on as a “hey he’s not a gaurd but a shapeshifter” or leave it as current
Choices to actively peruse new recipes (most likely to unlock mini games, art, cook offs and special abilities)
Choices to be able to actively ignore others saying no don’t do that (most likely at the expense of good will)
Choices to have more side quests (pretty please)
Twists! Root out Spies within town guards, the people folk, or even the inquisition itself!
PLEASE what ever you do just do more!

4 Likes

Understand the addiction however, ~chill a bit and relax~ right now it’s hard for nerds team to get back on the horse since they have other obligations going on plus irl work right now. as nerd said previous in the thread, he’s was able to do a lot due to the pandemic and now it’s not easy to get that time again.

4 Likes

I dont know how to ‘tag as spoiler’ but I’ll say Im having trouble ‘getting back to the location of the last mob quest’ any help would be appreciated

There should be a cultist next to a cart just outside the gates of the capitol that can take you back to Bad Borken if that’s what the issue is.

thank you that was exactly what i was looking for!

1 Like

Point, I can also understand wanting to back off for a bit, forcing yourself to bang out update after update can absolutely kill creative progression. But (pretty sure i saw this but not sure) they could also make an absolute killing on steam right now especially with game’s like tribal hunter out (I know its a platformer but you get the idea) or do they want to flesh it out more before sending it?

1 Like

Not sure if you’ve noticed, but Some bullshit is filled with music from other copyrighted media. Unless Nerds pays a composer to create an entirely new original OST there is no way the game can get on steam.

5 Likes

Oh, forgot all about that bit…