Some Bullshit - Stuffing Focused RPG Maker Game

Here’s my opinions. Please kick my ass all the way to Toubkal for my shit takes.

10 Likes

Alright, this is a pretty solid list

I’m prolly the bazillionth user ‘ere makin’ an account specifically for this game and that’s a good sign! Means the game’s gettin’ the attention it rightfully deserves!

Also spoilers? I think? Just to be sure I’ll put this here.

I’ve been wanting to type up a comment for a while now but decided to replay the entire game, get my thoughts all organised, open Notepad and write up this barely coherent comment before posting it! So if you plan on reading this, strap the fuck in. We’re goin’ for a RIDE! And by we’re I mean YOU’RE because I won’t reread this comment ever again after all the spell checking I did and by YOU’RE I mean YOUR BRAIN and a RIDE obviously translates to your beautiful pink sponge of knowledge somersaulting in your skull and making several asassination attempts on the rest of your body as it tries to comprehend the insanity you’re subjecting it to! Aren’t you EXCITED? I for one AM because this game is awesome and I have a chronic condition where I want to sing my praises for the sheer awesomeness on display here.

Your brain will thank you later. Mark my words.

CHAPTER 1: Oh Fuck This Game Is Actually Meant To Be Played With Two Hands!

(Uh, title’s prolly a bit crude. I’m not calling anyone out here because I genuinely do not care. Do whatever you want. ANYWAYS! THIS IS BIG NEWS!!!)

“Holy canoli, chief! You’se tellin’ me dis game be played with two fuggin’ hands!? Wuzzat mean?”

-1930’s Maffioso time traveler (probably)

I. LOVE. RPGs. I’m one of those hopeless dust munchers that plays Shin Megami Tensei and meticulously explores every nook and cranny in spite of whatever important, real world bullshit I should be doing. The kind of person who uses buffs and debuffs almost compulsively. Sooooooooooo, when you take a concept about supreme door kicker PROMETHEUS TAGGART and this ditzy dope who eats a lot and is too pure for this world (and unimportant side characters (Clara) getoutofmyheadgetoutofmyheadgetoutofmyheadgetoutofmyheadgetoutofmyheadgetoutofmyheadgetoutofmyheadgetoutofmyhead) and combine it with a funny world, nice characters, an actually interesting story, BEAUTIFUL ARTWORK (take my money, Clinko. TAKE IT!) and a surprisingly fun battle system you have a recipe for absolute marvels! To keep things from getting too chaotic and prevent your brain from ACTUALLY trying to kill the rest of you I’ll mention story stuff chronologically. That way if I mention something first you’ll know it’s a game event that takes place BEFORE whatever other bullshit I mention afterwards. (This is a lie.)

SO! Emilia Von Schleuse is a sweet summer child cursed with a terrible hunger and a haunting, spoooOoooOOoOoooooky voice telling her to eat! Poor child. Luckily her sworn protector, agonised, anxious, slightly psychopathic door kicking zealot Prometheus Taggart: Captain of the guard of Lantrum (coolest fucking country in the world. Suck it, main land!) is there to yell at her whenever her urges become so strong that she wolfs down some small snacks to sate her relentless, probably VERY uncomfortable hunger. I don’t blame the guy. Must be a nightmare to be responsible to someone like that without knowing her “”“”“”““evil””“”“”“” tummy voice
keeps her from exploding or whatever. I had something very deep to say here but went off track.

OH YEAH! GAMEPLAY!

Hunger is an integral part of the combat. Fights, smackdowns and dukefests aren’t just fisticuffs that keep you from the good stuff. No siree, it beautifully mixes gluttonous shenanigans with fun and engaging bullying of the local scum, thugs, goons and mooks. Y’see, Prometheus, despite being the most awesome, epic warrior in all of the world, isn’t immortal. Emmie can convert any and all food into magic energy to blast and zap foes, give extremely powerful buffs to any fellows, heal 'em in a pinch or even use her fullness for extra attacks like sugar rush! Oh lordy that move’s busted. I love it! The game is by no means difficult but I played SMT: Nocturne on hard mode so I’m probably not fit to judge a game’s difficulty anymore. Not that it HAS to be challenging, as the fun and engaging shenanigans are all that matters. Combat is fun and satisfying. That’s good enough for me! Perfect, even.

Considering you’ll be exploring a lot, y’know? Yappin’ with some folks, side quests, chests, lots of chests, what was in that chest that Emmie blew up please I ne- I’m glad there’s no random encounters. Nothing discourages me from exploring more than random encounters! They’re a bore!! Yuck! Thanks for not doing that. There’s LOTS of minigames, none of which overstay their welcome and some morality system that ceases to be not even halfway through the game.
It’s for the best. Morality is boring. Fairies berating Emmie isn’t going to stop her from eating anything and everything. Some frequent spelling errors mean nothing in the face of good and enjoyable gameplay, supremely joyful humor and Clinko’s art. We will gang up on Clinko and give him cash! Dosh! Moolah! Fuck yeah!

Are You Still With Me? No? Too Bad. Time For The Story.

The story’s actually rock solid. Listen, I’m not gonna spoil anything and God knows I don’t want to summarize everything. What? This isn’t a YouTube review!
Lemme list the best of the best this game has to offer:

-Surprisingly well-written characters
-An all-powerfull demon that’s awesome and rocks
-Funny dialogue
-Prometheus Taggart

Okay, fine. Quick summary:

The story follows invincible powerhouse Prometheus Taggart and the absolutely magnificent Emmie as they travel across the whole wide world! Clara also bothers them at some point. Boooooring. (half kidding) During the journey we get to see Emmie’s stomach capacity gradually increase, Taggart’s apathy towards the impossible grow and some times Clara takes up screen time. (I’m kidding. I swear.) I find the overal cast dynamic very compelling. At first I was pretty much just siding with Taggart in everything since he felt like he was anchored in normality compared to the rest of the cast, who have all succumbed to their gluttony! Oh dear! The madness! But wacky hijinks and screaming guards only go so far. What we have here is also genuine character improvement and a world to interact with. Everyone has a character
flaw or two and a certain conversation (tut tut. I’m not gonna spoil. Play the game yourself.) really put into perspective why Taggart isn’t actually always right. But in that same conversation a certain (spoilery) fellow also learns something. Frankly, everyone does! Everyone learns, improves and it makes the experience SO much more fun that if it was just some Scooby Doo shenanigans and lots of food.

Talking About Sprites Is Fun But I lost My Train Of Thought So I’m Gonna Call it Quits.

I sat on my ass typing this for two hours. The effort I put into this pales in comparison to the beautiful work done by the Some Bullshit team but I should probably go to sleep?

Just Fucking Kidding B)

Okay, but seriously… The sprite work is awesome. Sure, Clinko’s art and big bellies is what we all came here for (I think) but sprites are VERY important. Overworld sprites are very detailed and very expressive. Honestly looks and sounds like they’re a pain to make so to the hero that drew 'em… Your sacrifice goes widely appreciated! Round of applause!

Okay. Now shut up! Clinko time.

Those portraits. Those. Portraits! You can see them improve over time and HOLY MACARONI & CHEESE the newer portraits looks SO awesome! I went digging in the files and just looked at all the artwork once I was done with the game. Clearly, there were a lot more images that I haven’t seen yet so my exodus to completely experience this game shall continue right after I’m done typing this. But the important part is those freakin’ portraits, brother! They’re awesome. The earlier one’s are good. Nothing to complain about. But the newer one’s show SO MUCH IMPROVEMENT that it made me squeal. They look awesome. Seriously.

Time To Actually Wrap It Up Because I Forgot What I Wanted To Say.

“Hwhat?”

-Bitch

This game has it all. It’s been a long-ass while since I’ve experienced something this good. Thank you, to all who worked on this. Thank you very sincerely. I came for funny stuffing, yet stayed for a very good story, characterisation and a compelling narrative. You all gave me weeks of enjoyment and I’m glad that this exists in the first place. You all deserve a medal.

I’m sorry for this dumb text.

Aighttimetosleepbyyyyeeeeeee

21 Likes

Besides your opinion on Clara i absolutely agree. Clara best girl

9 Likes

Love this. In my wildest dreams of how to do vore content it would be a non-canon holiday special-esque thing to appease all the vore fans.

Pro’s Nightmares: it’s like being in Emmie’s memories except you’re Pro Taggart picking through his various nightmares. Pro’s paranoia about being surrounded by gluttonous women finally invades his dreams.

Each nightmare corresponds to a different Some Bull**** girl (Goblin girl, Ghost, etc) and you get different scenes of him (or witnessing others) eaten by the popular cast female members. Then it’d all be safe non-canon stuff and you could explore different scenarios: Pro accidentally falls into chocolate machine and Clara finds him as a statue, the time the island women have him captured but this time they cook him up, goblin girl wanting a new taste, the dreaded Emmie as a giantess eating the town. Obviously something to do with Heidi and his dope cooking.

Honestly saying it now I would totally pay a tidy sum to have this made one day by someone. A boy can dream. :relieved:

1 Like

So I just started fiddling around with Clara chat bot and oh boy does it really fucking work at some points. I had an instance where she had a baker over for a date and threatened vore if he did satisfy her sweet tooth. It wasn’t blatant either, just hinted at enough to get the idea of what it meant

i mean, we have most the assets from the game itself, all it needs is some more Clinko art and a couple sprites and a little rpgmaker skill

3 Likes

Decided to edit this post as I’ve come to the conclusion it is, in fact, a stupid question and doesn’t need an entire wall of text dedicated to me clowning about.

Now, I also had a whole text wall typed up about how the morality system sucks but I’m very certain this has already been acknowledged a long-ass time ago so I won’t go off again. Sounds like a recipe for broken fingers.

1 Like

8 Likes

“There is no fixing Taggart. Motherfucker fixes you AND the door you just fortified with thirty-or-so locks. If the devil could commit tax fraud, Taggart would kick down his door and stab him with the rage of a bull and the power of God!”

-Sun Tzu; Art of War

5 Likes

You are correct. I would gladly work alongside someone to write/program and make this thing happen. Can you collab things in RPGmaker I wonder? Sounds like a fun project!

If anyone’s interested in working on this little side story with me feel free to DM me! Already started writing it out lol

1 Like

Finished this about a week ago!- Gosh, what an experience!

I really liked what was done with this one! There’s some great writing and characters here, and some good humor that has made me laugh a few times. I even checked out the two holiday specials and now… I’m suffering from withdrawal! XD

I loved the party’s dynamic. Pro is easily my favorite of the three with his fixations and banter, Emmie’s cravings are adorable, and Clara’s sweet tooth never fails to amuse me. I just wish there was more… aaaaaaaa!!! :grin:

5 Likes

So: I’m underway with this project! I’ve already got a full outline and am in the middle of the script writing out the exact dialogue and scenes!
Once that’s done I’ll hop into RPGMaker and tinker around.

What I’m asking atm: Are there any scenarios that YOU GUYS (SB FANS) want to see included in this special?

Remember: the theme of the special is Vore. If that’s not your particular bag I’m sorry but that’s my jam and thats what I’m putting my effort into!

Feel free to post below or DM me with what you’d like to see included. The concept allows for a bunch of different scenarios to be included, even added in over time through later updates! I have enough as is, but I’ll gladly include anything that strikes me as interesting!

7 Likes

Thunderous Applause YES! thank you! me (and many others I’m sure) are waiting with great anticipation. Honestly I’m more partial to the Idea of a non-cannon off chute where Esse more or less takes over after “failing” to find the note that confirms a “cure” at the islands and where Emmie becomes the voice talking in her own head and vore becomes cannon that way. Plus it can lead In a brand new and exiting scenarios as she begins her conquest of the world.

3 Likes

Going of the goose feat alone Pro should be at least 5-6 times stronger than the average human considering he managed to cook it by smacking it.

That’s really interesting. Honestly seems like a side thing I could include. DM me about it if you have any more specifics, but I’ll throw that on the pile!

2 Likes

Moreth gobs pleaseth thoust great one
(Is this where I put it?)

2 Likes

I just wanna see more Esse

5 Likes

I’ll DM you! I don’t want to clog up the thread in case it gets more active!!

But yes definitely a tasty goblin scenario is already written!

alright new side story idea

Her goal? Infiltrate Lantrum and get rid of Taggart. Her obstacles? An utterly massive gluttonous appetite… and her target’s cooking.

Follow a skilled femme fatale and her task of ambushing Pro on a fancy gala in Lantrum, all the while trying to satisfy (or resist) her gluttony and a banquet made by her enemy and target.

2 Likes