Spacethumper

I’m not sure who’s more tired at this point, her or me…

Stage 11 sprites are done and all the end screens are finished! All I’ve got left to do are the stage 12 and 13 sprites, and then the mod will be OUT!

26 Likes

Man, this is so exciting! Can’t wait to see the final result.

2 Likes

Ok thx for letting me know, I wish you luck on the game.

1 Like

Yoooo this is looking gorgeous as heck! Great work!

2 Likes

3 Likes

Flateur_HD_Pack.zip (1.4 MB)
It is done! Enjoy the Pilot’s adventures in increasingly difficult mobility with the added benefit of having things look slightly better.

If you want to use these spritesheets as a base to upload your own texture packs, PLEASE credit me and link back to this post. I left a watermark on all the end screens (it isn’t visible ingame since the information panel covers it up), you can modify it to add your name but don’t remove mine. Thank you!

Changes (spoilers ahead!):
-Added shading to ALL player sprites, 5en sprites, and end screens
-Tweaked 5en’s face to be pixel-perfect in all dialog and end screens, and added scanlines to 5en’s screen to mirror the dialog sprites
-Added colorful Pokemon Mystery Dungeon-inspired backgrounds to all dialog sprites
-Pilot now wears her gloves while on the planet, instead of just on the end screens

-Added panting idle animations for stages 4 and up
-Changed facial expressions while running on stages 6 and up
-Added sweat drops while running at stages 7 and up, and while idling at stages 8 and up
-Pilot now visibly breaks the ground at stage 13
-5en is now slightly more helpful in the S.O.S. ending

TO INSTALL:

1- Type %localappdata% into the search bar on your computer
2- Locate the “Spacethumper” folder (there should be some .ini files inside)
3- Copy the contents of the “HD Shading Pack” folder into the “Spacethumper” folder
4- Launch the game, and the new sprites should appear!

41 Likes

Absolutely incredible! 15/14 would Increase Capacity again!

3 Likes

Epic! Glad I have not yet covered Spacethumper for my channel, 'cause now I can do so with some HD sprites~ Thanks very much for your efforts!

4 Likes

You are a literal god-send. Thank you!

2 Likes

We’re missing some textures required for the dialogue, it should be a minor fix though.
[late game picture, don’t click if you don’t want to spoiler the fun]

4 Likes

Fixed, updated the original download link. Let me know if there’s any other missing textures!

I’m thinking I might make a quick debug pack just so it’s easier to fix stuff like this. I’ll probably post it later…

7 Likes

Absolutely beautiful work @Flateur, especially love the idle animations!

4 Likes

Fun thing I realized while playing with the HD sprites in an image editor (really good pack BTW) is that texture sheets can be scaled as big or small as you want and they actually display smaller and bigger in-game.

This very much means that so long as you stay within the sheet size rules (and the limits that there are only 14 sizes) you can make her scale from tiny to screen filling if you wanted.

Stuff like this makes me realize just how great of an idea texturepacks are for games like this.

5 Likes

That was a happy side effect of making all the player sprites size all their frames automatically based on the sprite size! Also since the player doesn’t have a hitbox as much as a hitpoint, everything is based on the center so no worries about adjusting things for proper collision.

9 Likes

Can I ask why the latest download link contains a trojan?

Can confirm, I tried DLing twice with the same result

It’s a false positive.

I got the same message when I downloaded it. I’m pretty sure it’s a false positive (that seems to happen quite a bit with gamemaker judging from their forums) since the alternative is that mediafire put a virus in themselves. However, I’ve replaced the download as a precaution, hopefully that will fix the issue.

1 Like

I gave the original files some direct scans with MalwareBytes (a program I like because it usually recognizes false flags as false) and I saw nothing wrong with them. Pretty sure this is a case of some anti-virus programs just being over-sensitive.

1 Like

Aaaand now it says there’s a backdoor

There is nothing wrong with the game. Dozens of people have downloaded it, myself included, and haven’t had any problems. You’ll get warnings for this a lot, as it is both a small-scale Unity game and infrequently downloaded. On top of that, many security systems for computers are extremely sensitive and give a ton of false positives.

Trust me. There’s nothing in the game that will harm you or the computer, besides a non-human creature that can gain weight at an alarming rate.