Spacethumper

I dunno about branching paths, but there will definitely be more research.

3 Likes

fair enough more research is always better

2 Likes

I’m still interested in this mod. Is it still going well I believe?

2 Likes

@NoNoYes I had some other stuff come up, so I haven’t had time to work on this lately, but I’m still planning on finishing it as soon as I can!

4 Likes

Very good game, I don’t know if there’s a way to reasonably expand upon it, but I do love it. Maybe an expanded or randomly-generated world would be a nice way. Possibly some Terraria-like elements? A sequel covering the adventures of our plus-sized protagonist proceeding to explore the galaxy? Maybe a bit ambitious, but as far as weight games go, this is one of my favourites.

1 Like

personaly I would if I could bring the story back to the planet I mean. What exactly are the cyrstals and the slimes and why do the slimes go after energy

1 Like

Is there a limit on how many times u can Prestige?

Nope, no limit. The sound starts getting a bit wonky at super high prestiges though, and by that time the sprites are so big you can’t really see any detail.

2 Likes

Im having issues downloading the current version, the Game just got auto removed from the files, after I tried to run it

Have you checked your security settings? Sometimes unverified programs get blocked.

Specifically, where can I find the feature that the security is scanning the apps?

I’m not sure since I don’t know anything about your computer or antivirus. Or honestly much in general about what might be blocking it, that’s just what is usually the issue for me. You might want to look up things that might block gamemaker games, I’m sure it’s an issue that people have had and resolved before, and there isn’t anything special about this game in particular that would be causing problems.

Check your antivirus settings if it’s getting filtered; if it is, whitelist the game download or consider getting a better AV. Most passive AVs hate indie games because of unsigned signatures, but Comodo AV has a transparent whitelist filter available and a lenient container for untrusted files. I don’t know the whitelisting offhand for something like Norton or McAfee.

1 Like

Hey, just wanted to say that I love the game, and that I’d love to see her get bigger in the future. Thanks!

4 Likes

So exhausted, the poor thing… And there’s still 3 more stages to go!

Sorry for the long wait! I haven’t had a lot of time to devote to this. I finished up the Stage 10 sprites, and the first set of ending screens is completely finished. (For those that haven’t peeked into the files, the game divides the end screens into three files- the first set is all 9 endings without prestiging, the second set is all 9 endings after prestiging once- although the first one goes unused- and the third file is the ending used after prestiging twice or more.)

27 Likes

This looks amazing! I can’t wait to try it out!

2 Likes

Just curious if there any plan for a mobile version?

Nope, I’d have to shell out for a different gamemaker license, and now that they’ve gone and made it subscription only for any new stuff I’m not even going to consider doing that. Definitely not worth it unless I started working on games professionally.

1 Like

Absolutely love this game and everything about it, curious as to what the inspiration behind making it.
And do you plan to expand (ha) on the world that’s been set up in the game?

The general idea for Spacethumper came from a game called Kingdom, I really like factory building type games and this style was one that worked best with some sprites I was already working on.
Honestly the whole thing started as more of me messing around and seeing what I could do with essentially two main game objects (with one being the player, and the other being all the buildings and ground, which ended up being an informative if not particularly useful way of doing it). The aesthetic is drawn from all sorts of sci-fi stuff, but mostly just illustrations of mars colonies.
I’m actually doing a playthrough of Surviving Mars right now that’s giving me a ton of ideas for potential Spacethumper stuff, but I don’t have anything more concrete than a couple ideas. Right now it’s all just kinda ideas though, I don’t have anything super solid planned out for a sequel since I’m focusing more on the farming game.

8 Likes