Spacethumper

It’s good work and all, but you might want to think twice about putting a teen character in a fetish game. Or at least a teen character as the central focus of the fetish.

5 Likes

Fair warning, though I usually assume any NSFW or fetish art of Susie as her being of adult age and aged up. If I do manage to overcome my shit drawing skill, complete the whole thing and post it, if you want I can very explicitly mention alongside the upload that she’s above the age of 18 in the depiction or that it’s just a “costume” design, like alternate fighter colors or something like that.

5 Likes

Just to be sure, until we get proper legal advice saying otherwise (which is slowly progressing) we do not allow canonically underaged content on the forums regardless of them being aged up.

3 Likes

I understand, even though I disagree and I doubt there will ever be a proper conclusion to where “making a younger character as an aged-up, legal adult and declaring such” would border on the legal line and will forever stay in gray limbo. I do still want to see this to the end, and when complete I will upload to my FA of the same name (naturally with writing the disclaimer regarding age), but won’t post the files here until it’s stated that it’s fine.

Otherwise, the only option I could think of that could potentially allow it being posted here would be going the Blonic route and changing the hues and declaring it an OC or changing it to green and declaring it an alternate costume design.

1 Like

The issue right now is time and finding a lawyer (also its expensive, but grot and I have decided to take those costs on out of pocket when we can). We thought we had one, but I think they passed us along or something to that effect. Once we have a solid answer, we’ll be making it clear.

I would highly recommend the OC route, as we would love to be able to host the content here.

Thanks for your understanding, I know this is always a pain to deal with.

1 Like

Thank you for the information. And if I came across as upset at you, I apologize; it’s more so just the abusable system the Internet at whole has seemed to have fallen into with people enforcing half-effort puritanism, and I can only imagine that having to get a legitimate lawyer for something like this to prevent all sorts of nonsense happening is infuriating. Similarly, sorry for inadvertently bringing this kinda topic to this thread.

But also thank you for your approval. I did want to share an update regarding my current progression with my new 23-year-old character Samantha, or Sally, I don’t know.

As of now, I’m 3/8ths through the 6th set. I wanted to play around with the shirt rolling up with this stage being it near fully rolled up, as well as showing navel and stomach folds. The protagonist model really helped as a base for setting up the jacket as well as the running animation. I also tweaked the hair and snout a bit here and in the previous stages, the former so it isn’t as flat as the initial proof-of-concept model, and the latter because I like my OC having a rounded snout.

4 Likes

Oh no, you didn’t upset at all, and I apologize if my message came across as that. As to the lawyer, we’ll mostly just be glad to have a definitive answer, hopefully one that allows for the most creative freedom.

Thanks!

False positive. The anti-virus might see a short string of code and think it’s part of a virus.

4 Likes

How do I fix this issue?

Whitelist the program on your anti-virus.

I really enjoyed playing this, and I hope to see more development on this in the future! The game’s got real potential, and so do you! Keep up the good work!

5 Likes

Hey! I just wanna say my girlfriend friggin adores this game and she’s been drawing Fanart of the Heroine nonstop

11 Likes

Why does the Window Mode setting turn full screen mode on when the Window Mode setting is on? Shouldn’t it turn full screen mode off when the setting is turned on, or be renamed full screen mode to more accurately represent the setting as it currently is?

In addition, can you make the save feature show a save successful message when complete? I feel like the game hasn’t saved properly without proper feedback from the game stating that the game has, in fact, saved.

2 Likes

This particular iteration of Spacethumper is pretty much wrapped up, but I am planning on making a sequel to it in the far future!

Yo that’s rad! I’d love to see some of it if she’s willing to share.

Yeah, that’s a bug that I keep thinking I fixed and just keeps popping up. I’m working on re-building the menu system I currently use to stop stuff like this happening in any of the games I work on.

Not for Spacethumper since I want to keep that project closed unless it’s something game breaking, but I’ll definitely keep that in mind in projects moving forward.

7 Likes

hey, uh, is anyone willing to take a mod request?

1 Like

Just remember that it’s over 100 frames to make a full sprite mod, and nearly double that if you want actual idle animations. Plus quite a few full screen illustrations if you want the endings to match as well. You’ll probably have to find someone who is already super interested in whatever you want for the conversion, especially since you’re asking for it for free. Right now it’s just “can you make a bunch of unspecified art for free?”, which isn’t really going to get a response.

3 Likes

If you have plans for a sequel, then can you give us some info on what it will be like?
(Story, characters, context, genre, title, anything about the sequel.)
I’m also not expecting you to reply if you don’t want to.
It just would be nice to have something more to look forward to.

3 Likes

Most of my ideas are more geared toward the mechanics side of things, like making buildings interact with each other more and different enemies and areas. In terms of story, I have a vague idea of what it might be, but that’s so far off that it’ll probably all change by the time I get to it.

7 Likes

will there be more reserch option or branching paths. alterantive paths to go down would be interasting for replayability

2 Likes