Starbound Big Fatties Add-Ons - Expanding Clothes and other small additions

I’m a scripter, not a spriter. I made it all work, but I won’t add more clothes myself. You’ll have to ask others for those.

Valid! I wasn’t sure, but I’ll definitely think to ask around then.

Hey, Tobias, are you alright with feature suggestions being posted here?

can someone show the list of clothes that are compatible with all weight stages including the Granular WG weight stages too plz?

If they are features for my add-ons, it should be good. For general suggestions for the Big Fatties mod, there is the suggestion thread over here.

For those, you better ask in the Granular WG thread directly.

Alright, I’ve already posted my suggestion over there a few days ago, on mobility while using distortion spheres. However, since Dispatch is busy with sprite changes, I was wondering if you wanted to give it a shot, or if you could point me towards the files I would need to look at so I could give it a shot?

That one has been quite the back and forth between what effect can and should be kept and which ones should be prevented.
I don’t even know if I still have the current version of BF, they forgot to bump the version number a few times now. But in the version I have, you can look into the main BF script (/scripts/player/bigfatties.lua), line 291, starting with mcontroller.controlParameters(. In the parameters for that call, some things are filtered out based on activeMovementAbility. It’s quite the parenthesis hell in there, but that would be the spot to make the destinction.

Alright, I was hoping to change the movement so the sphere has a lot more momentum at higher weights, taking longer to speed up and slow down, but still able to move. Not sure if that’s possible though.

quick question about the Better Annomalous cake, how do i get it? i didnt see it in the shop

It’s not available in the base mod yet. You either spawn it in manually or get it through other means. The unpacked rations from my mod have a very slim chance of giving you one.

1 Like

ah thanks, might i ask for the spawn id if you have it?

anomalouscake
I’ll write that into the post as well.

1 Like

I’m abit iffy with the “Crushing Weight” I’m not too sure why it needed to be added as an option that can be turned off (or on in this situation) like if you didn’t want it on then you wouldn’t have downloaded it or just don’t put it in your mod list.

Also the way that it goes off the of the option area is pretty strange looking, I know there wasn’t too much room left but still.

Now the buffed hight change is kinda understandable to me but I personally didn’t see anything wrong with it.

The option to turn it off was made for those playing on servers. If the mod is used on a server, everyone has to have it installed, but not everyone might want to have the effect all the time.

The option placement looks bad, I know, but I wasn’t in the mood for more invasive changes. I honestly hope that at one point there will be a little scrollbar on that part of the GUI, so you can get as many options as you want.

The increased trigger height was because some complained about accidentally crushing critters (frogs, rabbits, snakes, etc.), and honestly that was an issue for me myself as well. Same thing goes for pots and vases in generated structures, and a few forms of bushes and similar things generating in the open.

Out of curiosity, I’m currently doing a Hardcore Playthrough with 3.3 Food Value like a madman. I was wondering if there was a way to disable the slime’s actually filling your hunger bar as It removes a purpose for me to eat foods in game to survive. Is this possible?

As far as I am aware no, sorry. But the purpose of these slimes is that they feed themselves to people, so I would call this behavior intentional.

Completely understandable, thanks anyway!

Hey, I installed Crushing Weight, and clicked on the checkbox, but there was a momentary freeze. When the game started running again, I couldn’t crush anything no matter how high I jumped. What should I do?

Standard procedure is - as always - to fetch the logfile and letting me look into it. A lagspike hints at some assets failing to load, but I can’t be sure without the logs.

One question I have is: Are you using a BF version more recent than from several months ago? I know there is a preview version out, but I don’t know it it has been pushed to a full release yet. Changes in that version might have screwed up the crushing weight code.

2 Likes