Starbound Big Fatties Add-Ons - Expanding Clothes and other small additions

I put the improved food descriptions mod in via Steam, and then get the food description fix from this post, and seeing as it was a .pak folder I thought to just put it in the folder and there we go. Now I’m not sure what I’m doing right here.

Are you sure than ‘Improved Food Descriptions’ is in a spot where it will be loaded? Because this error message sais that it was not found.
Please make sure that that mod is in a spot where Starbound can find it before attempting again.

I had the same problems, it is easier if you download the improved food description mod from the chucklefish forums
https://community.playstarbound.com/resources/improved-food-descriptions.3743/
you will have to make an account though

what happens to be the spawn names for the jelly slimes for testing? i was able to do /spawnmonster for the lard golem cause it was labelled as “lardgolem” which is thankfully straightforward to guess, but i cannot figure out what the names for the slimes would be. normally i would peek into the folders of the mods for the names of things i want to pull for testing but it’s a .pak file and password protected so that complicates matters.

what mod adds the lardgolem?

That would be “Mod Fatties”, and is part of the very first/main file in the topic, which can be found here:

The internal names for the slimes are jellyslimemini, jellyslimenormal, and jellyslimebig.

As for the .pak files, they aren’t password protected. I don’t think there is a way to even do that. Starbound comes with its own asset packer and unpacker, located in the Win32 subfolder and only usable through the command line. I think it is coincidence that the extension .pak is used for multiple compressed file formats, and your PC just guessed wrong on that regard.

I’ve started converting the Tier 1 Apex armor.
chestf
I don’t know any coding, so if anybody wants to help me make it into a compatible set when I’m done, that’d be great! The top took way too long, but I’m going to attempt to work on the pants.

Gimme requests for vanilla armor conversions so I know what to move onto next. Heads up, I’m not very good at this, so any help with the spriting would be deeply appreciated :grin:

Message me if you wanna help out, because the pants are hard.

1 Like

Although the Jelly Slime update looks great, and I thank Dispatch for her work, it would appear its linking to the same file as was provided prior. Either that or I am simply not seeing the new ones for whatever reason, even via forced spawn.

Whoops, sorry for that. This link should now be the correct one.
(Just forgot to upload it.)

A question. How does one spawn in a jelly slime?

The internal names are jellyslimemini, jellyslimenormal and jellyslimebig. To spawn them in, you use /spawnmonster, the same command as for other monsters aswell.
There sadly is no way to spawn multiple at once.

Examples

/spawnmonster jellyslimenormal for just getting one
/spawnmonster jellyslimenormal 5 for a specific difficulty level (0-10, here 5)
/spawnmonster jellyslimenormal 1 '{"slimeColor":"Green"}' to get a specific color, options are Red, Yellow, Green, Cyan, Blue and Purple

a lot of these crash the game with the latest update, any fixes?

I’ll go over them in the next few days. I wanted to wait until Big Fatties itself was done with its immediate hotfix updates.

2 Likes

so i was looking in the files with this new update and found a fattrap that was a gas that i thought we could use in the flamethrower and make it a fatty weapon

Fattening Gas Trap? You mean like for those random pods?
That’s at least what I’d say it’s for. Haven’t seen the affect in-game yet.

The slime mod still works,and I think the weight scales do too, but the float mod doesn’t and the food description fix crashes the game on launch

The clothes expansion is part of the main mod, now. The others from the 2nd post are still separate add-ons.

I have never heard of feeder slimes, but the basic jelly slimes have a feeding mechanic aswell. To be honest, that is their main and only purpose, there are as for as I know no slimes that are not feeding whatever they come across.
Also, they do spawn naturally in quite a few biomes, including lush (starter planets), swamp, oasis, and the slime caves.

Hey was just wondering if “Fat Floats” still works, I seem to just sink like a rock.

3 Likes