Starbound Big Fatties Add-Ons - Expanding Clothes and other small additions

Thanks! Totally won’t cause the end of the world with the self-replicating cakes!!!

Quick question about the Slimes addon:

Was there at one time a larger size of slimes (before the sprites were updated)? I swear they were bigger at one time or another, though that could just be visual differences between the sprites, and my memory being silly again.

And, if there’s always just been three sizes- would it be possible to add a fourth, even larger size, or is there some kind of technical limitation in the way?

The size kept about the same for all three sizes over the reskin. And yes, there have always only been three. A fourth one is entirely possible, but I’ll have to look how I scale its HP, because of the splitting mechanic.

2 Likes

A boss version thats huge would be interesting but unless the game gets larger sizes ( becuase I imagine the slime being bigger then a blob player) it may not be worth it

How about only certain parts of the body expanding as you gain weight, like, say, the butt?

I believe that this was already hinted at in the main mod

I don’t know if anyone else has mentioned this, but uh, the food descriptions fix seems to have an issue, Everytime I try to load the game with the fooddescriptionsfix.pak, I get an error message that tells me it’s missing a dependancy. I have the steam mod that was linked in the post, and it runs just fine without the fix pak.

That’s a surprisingly common issue. The short version is: Get the Description mod from somewhere else than the Workshop and place it in your mods folder. That should fix it.

The explanation is in a post a bit further above, in case you are curious:

On the subject of the food addons, I have both the anti-rot and stacking addons for BF, and they don’t stack at all. I did start the world without the mods in, so would that have something to do with it? I also have the improved food description pak from the Starbound site, not Steam.

Sorry for that. Every food item has to be patched individually, and I hadn’t uploaded the version for the current BF version yet.

The food still not stacking, even with the mod, has a simple explanation: Those items have begun to rot already, and therefore have slightly different properties (specifically their time until they spoil), which prevents them from being combined into a proper stack. It’s kinda like trying to stack different colors of wool in Minecraft, except that here you can’t see the difference that easily. The effect descriptions should not have an impact on that, and all food you get after installing (or in this case, updating) the mod should be able to stack.

2 Likes

Yeah, even new food isn’t stacking, so it’s probably just a version conflict thing. Thanks for the feed back!

There’s also a mod that lets you stack food items via a button on any container designated “refrigerated storage,” and I’m fairly certain it works on any food item, regardless of origin.

Interesting, but that may then be the container modifying the items. In your own inventory, there is no way to mod these kinds of interaction, or at least not that I know of.

1 Like

How many food items can be stacked? What’s the stack cap? Cause the improved item descriptions mod has an addon that allows it to go to 1000. And I wondered how these compare.

The explicit stack limits are removed, so the default of 1000 gets applied.

Cool… I had them all active, and it seemed to work(though the vanilla food had the “unknown effect” thing)… but after removing some RACE MODS… now the descriptions are completely broken(shows nothing).

Also, where can I find the anomalous cake?

I might need someone else to explain to me or just make a patch file for me. I have a file made that replaces the silhouettes inside the Erchius Horror with fattened/inflated/expanded versions, but I can’t figure out how to get it working. I feel like there’s something I need to do with a patch file, but even then, I have no clue how those things work.

I’m on the Discord (mostly in the #art-animation channel), so if you’re a member there, we can chat there easier.

personally would like to see the starting clothes with expansion

3 Likes

Does the anomalous cake have a recipe? I can’t find it anywhere.

Can spawn it in, though.

It doesn’t. Big Fatties has a large amount of unused content, that cake being one example.