Starbound Big Fatties Add-Ons - Expanding Clothes and other small additions

Man. I found this cool poptop race. Wish it could work with BF

Is it possible that you can create a separate mod so that it just stacks the food and stops food from rotting? Or at the very least create a version where the healing from well fed isn’t the best healing item in the game? I’d be okay if it mirrored the heal and duration of a health poultice.

That depends on if the base mod gets busty clothing. I’m not an artist, I just took what was already there.

I split the mod up and removed the healing buff completely. You can now pick what you want.

Ok, because I like to have multiple thing running at once, here is another teaser:

Plates
I’m planning to create a range of objects that can hold items and actually display them in the world. This plate was just a test, but will probably stay. My current ideas are an empty spot for food with its own dishes (mostly for drinks and stews), as well as a buffet table with multiple slots.

Do you guys have any ideas for other props that could be added?

4 Likes

Cute! I love that! Will all food items be compatible?

You can literally put any item in there and it will show up. It would actually be more work to restrict it to food only.

Interesting! Can’t wait for it to be released! ^o^

I’m having some trouble with the food descriptor fix. Whenever I try to launch starbound with it, it crashes because the fix is missing the dependency “improved food descriptions”, even though I checked and saw that I downloaded it. Is there anything I need to do to have improved food descriptions in my game other than subscribing to the page in the workshop?

It should work, subscribing is the only thing you should need.
Did you install the mod I linked to, or did you find another one?

The one linked
I also saw a link to a non steam version on the workshop page so I’m going to see if that works
EDIT: i downloaded it manually and it works now!

Info for all: I updated the add-ons to the new Big Fatties version 0.5.2, where needed. The affected mods are:

• Expanding Clothes: Major rewrite necessary, due to new weight system
  • Food Patches: Additional patches for new food
  • Functioning Weight Scales: Uses the new script functions provided by Big Fatties
  • Fat floats: Changed location of config

All other add-ons were tested and seem to work without changes. But please notify me if something broke for you.

Have fun!

5 Likes

The expanding clothes 0.5.2 seems to cause the weight gain to not work for some reason. The body remains the same weight and the character model also stays the same (including the hit box. Oh and where do I put the slime pak file in? I added it at one point, but the slimes never appeared)

Just wanna say Thank you everthing work right now on the game :slight_smile:

pak files are added to the mod folder, right next to everything else. Slimes are pretty tiny at first and don’t spawn everywhere so you might not notice them right away. I would have gotten pretty fat if it wasn’t for the fact i noticed them jumping and loosing health as they went past my character. the small slime do 0 damage and no knockback.

Because of the way biome generation works, the slimes will only show up on planets that you discover or terraform after installing the mod. Microformers for the mini-biomes work too.
Also, none of the slimes do physical damage, they are really just there to be eaten.

About the clothing issue, I have no clue, currently. Best way to help you would be troubleshooting via PM. Feel free to give me a ring. And if you want to start off, please: 1) Uninstall the clothing add-on and look if BF itself works. 2) Re-install the clothing add-on and look if it breaks completely again. 3) If it does, look into Starbound’s folders. Next to the mods folder there should be one called storage, with starbound.log in it. PM me that file (rename it to a .txt if you need).

he’s not the only one who experienced the issues.

Then, please, just do the same.

Anyone who’s experiencing issues can PM me, it has always been like that.

Ok… apparently it works now, idk how or why, but the first time it didnt want to work, now it does. But I appreciate the help regardless, sorry for wasting your time

How does the expanding clothes for v0.52 work?