Starbound Big Fatties: Character and stories sharing

Mostly stuff for skipping story missions and all, but I think I just need to look closer at the /admin commands. I’m also a little confused on how to make the NPCs appearance, but it’s once again probably under /admin…

One of the mods I use is the NpcSpawner+ mod which gives you complete control of an NPC’s appearance and behavior

2 Likes

hey everyone, im new here and well, i made a new account mainly for this thread, planning to post my first story when i have something written down, also, if youre alright with it, I might even integrate them with some of the previous stores other people made here, of course, thats your choice if you want me to reference a character or story in general in mine, anyways, been taking screenshots of my starbound FU playthrough (with some other mods), bit hard to correlate what i have plan to FU’s beginning quests, but ill probably try forming it after im done with all that

i have been using that mod but something is wrong with it
everytime i go to the species tab it stays there and i have to close and reopen the ui,do you know how to fix this?
i tried looking in the steam page for it but there is nothing about that problem

That’s because of the bugged fatty Novakid race that was removed. If you get the latest version that shouldn’t be an issue

oh, and PS, do you got a discord Warlynx? id like to talk to ya

i got the latest version of the npcspawner+ and yet it doesnt lets me

Huh, that’s odd. I’m honestly not sure then

Alright this forum hasn’t been active for a very long time, which is a shame considering how good some of these stories are. If anyone wants help with theirs just let me know, I’d love to revive this thread again

3 Likes

Aye, good to see this placed hasn’t been burned to the ground yet! Anywho, I myself am working on stories (not these kind, sorry.) so I am a little busy, and every time I play starbound I get to caught up into the game to try to do writing, but if anyone wants tips, I am happy to provide!

So yeah this reply is basically the same as Warlynx’s lol.

And, as a side note, when I get done with the pokemon weight gain game I am working on, if I remember this, I might work on some stories. Other than that, have a swell day! ;D

3 Likes

My main gripe with actually trying to do character writing/story telling with starbound is having to build something I’m probably only going to use once. How do you guys do it?

2 Likes

Does Starbound have a creative mode mod of sorts?

/admin makes you invulnerable to damage and able to craft anything you want. Not exactly like Minecraft creative but it’s kind of close

There are ways to get items in game via console commands you would need to look up the item ID for it or you can try this mod that allows you to spawn any item that is present in the base game Steam Workshop::Spawnable Item Pack

2 Likes

just wanted to add, there is also other mods that you can use with this, like stuff from frackin universe, though those are separate, good idea with posting this mod on here though!

Less of a story, more the happy place of one man who found (made) blobby, Novagirl heaven.

4 Likes

Definitely seems like they’re proud of what they’ve done

1 Like

If it wasn’t for the fact he was shadowy, I bet he’d have a sly grin on his face ;D

3 Likes

Probably. Ha ha, but I just HAD to use that awesome mask when I found it!

Possibly minor-edgelording.

1 Like

My two cents, I just take pictures of whatever seems neat, then I just tie all the pictures together into a story.

I use quite a few mods for the stories I make- I can’t even list them all. But if you find a mod that’s interesting (like a cosmetic or vehicle mod) I say take a few pictures, try to make a caption, and see what goes from there.

3 Likes