Starbound Big Fatties: Character and stories sharing

Here’s another character I’ve been meaning to talk about. She’s especially fun to play as, thanks to a bunch of obscure Tech mods that need more love.

This is Eva. Well, the thing on her head is Eva. She is a Symbiote possessing an experimental slime creature, which she uses to get around. The slime itself can shapeshift into any living thing (of relative size) once eaten and absorbed.

Her humanoid form and name are derived from one of the slime’s first meals: a human bandit. This primary form is the most prominent.

With each meal, the Symbiote side of this amalgamated creature grows stronger and smarter.

Eva5

Unfortunately, the slime absorbs the memories of each creature it devours- and a bandit isn’t the best influence. Eva is compelled to perform petty crimes as a result, but has learned a number of tactics used to hunt for food and satiate the slime’s voracious appetite.

Eva6

In addition, meals made from intelligent individuals give Eva a burst of knowledge, allowing her to craft high-tech equipment. The intelligence boost fades once the prey is fully digested, which is only a matter of minutes.

Eva needs to consume many bright minds at a constant rate to retain her knowledge for longer periods, or even remember how to operate her equipment in the first place.

Eva’s shapeshifting through consumption is a useful power which allows her to blend in with other races, getting close enough to steal valuable loot and corner prey behind closed doors.

Eva12

The process of consumption adds more mass to Eva’s form however, making it difficult to maintain slimmer disguises. Her quick digestion means that the weight is shed in a matter of hours, but a long and filling feast means having to shift closer to the slime’s primal form and rest as it breaks down its prey.

But as she continued to consume, a few memories began to stick to the slime half of Eva. Sometimes, Eva gains momentary flashbacks of her victims before their deaths, causing her to freeze in place. She became more self aware, even operating on a set of morals from time to time.

Eva8

Along with her primary “bandit” form, is her Fennix form. By compressing her body, she can take on a smaller disguise, allowing her to travel through narrow passages and unleash a burst of fire breath in a pinch.

The slime carries other powers, including the ability to temporarily split in two. Performing this takes a significant amount of energy, but the sudden, rapid split is enough to push attackers away.

Eva16

Eva can even launch herself upwards by firing a high-pressure stream of corrosive bubbles from her feet, damaging anyone in range during lift-off. Without any extra weight, Eva can leap hundreds of feet into the air with this technique.

Eva9

The slime regenerates almost instantaneously, though it requires food to heal. Without a proper food source, enough damage to the slime’s cells will make it cease to exist. Alternatively, any impact on the Symbiote, Eva’s other half, is fatal.

The Symbiote provides the slime with food, and the slime offers protection- that is the relationship which makes up Eva’s being.

Eva14

But as Eva continued to become more self-aware, she began to feel loneliness. She collected other Symbiotes from mutated worlds, and gave them a sample of the slime’s body to form similar beings. Sharing a hive mind, these Symbiote-Slimes seek out others to thrive as a higher species.

Eva13

The Symbiote-Slimes feel a mutual desire to consume, and the action of doing so multiples the sensation as more are created. With enough Symbiote-Slimes, the simple thought of eating stirs an empathic feeling similar to arousal, which exponentially increases when they consume as a group.

They even go so far as to eat each other, which is a non-fatal practice that restores damaged cells and furthering their lustful, gluttonous desires…

3 Likes

The Hylotl being fish/mammal hybrids would at least explain why the females have busts, at least : P

Of course its not up to me to decide, but you’ve got my vote. I wouldn’t mind adding this to my codex.

1 Like

Futoi79

Futoi’s self-discipline slowly corroded with each heavy gulp forced down from the feeding machine. Unable to lift even a finger, Futoi could only fight on mentally, looking around for anything that could break her free from this nightmare.

Futoi70

“Ahh, subject 763-4GX is awake…”, a crooning, feminine voice uttered from behind.

Futoi’s eyes shot wide open, feeling her blood boil with anger. But if the body is a vehicle for the mind, Futoi’s vehicle was inoperable, with her fuel tank close to bursting. Not even able to fully turn her head, Futoi could only listen, focusing on the voice to distract herself from the feeding.

“I suppose you’re wondering why you’re here.”, the voice asked. In response, Futoi displayed her indignation with a bout of muffled screams. “Shhhh, shhh…relax. Put your mind at ease. You’re my guest- and I’m only treating you to a feast. I’m sure you’ve met my other guests. They’re clearly enjoying themselves. After all, they’re in a much better state than when they arrived…”

The arrogant voice continued to babble for what felt like an endless period of time, speaking in an eerily gentle tone. Perhaps the source of the voice had been surrounded by unresponsive, mindless gourds for so long, that she was using this opportunity to speak on ears that were still capable of listening.

Futoi81

For whatever reason, other than conversating with her new “guest”, the voice felt the need to explain her motives. Revealing herself to be an Apex scientist, the voice told Futoi about the many kinds of punishment Apex rebels were put through for defying their glorious leader, Big Ape. Experiments such as these were no different.

However, this particular scientist broke away from her faction, just for one sole purpose: to revitalize an old, failed experiment and continue monitoring its progress on her own. But unlike the scientists before her, she was actually less focused on producing more of the lard monsters Futoi encountered. Instead, she was focused on fattening up her subjects.

The twisted scientist was a deviant who secretly admired the process of her subjects getting fatter and fatter, to the point where she doubted her further usefulness to Big Ape. The scientist admitted to the need to hand herself in to the Apex government for these thoughts, but decided she wanted to live a little longer, just to watch her test subjects expand.

Futoi80

As the Apex scientist continued to make her thoughts known, Futoi could feel a pair of arms sinking into her scaly, corpulent posterior. Hands prodded, shook, and dug into the flesh spilling between its fingers.

The violation went even further, as Futoi’s body was groped, grabbed, slapped, and wobbled. She could even feel sharp pinches bringing about momentary twinges of pain, as a pair of fanged teeth sank right into her flesh, causing the poor Hylotl to wince and desperately resist, but to no avail.

The scientist let herself sink into Futoi’s sloshing belly, causing the sumo to finally see a hint of her captor’s face. The ape had a dark, sinister visage, with an almost primal grin dripping with drool as she climbed in close to the Hylotl’s own face, leaning in to whisper with hot breath beating against Futoi’s ears.

“…You might just be my favorite. I can’t wait to see how long you’ll last…”

This gesture was enough to finally frighten Futoi to tears, her spirit as a warrior breaking in the presence of the Apex in front of her. The scientist attempted to flagrantly reassure Futoi that everything was going to be fine, creepily cupping Futoi’s abundant cheeks. This only reinforced Futoi’s fear, and the volume of her muffled screams.

Futoi82

The malicious Apex finally decided that she had her fun, and told Futoi that she had “other things to do”. Stepping away to climb a ladder up to the next floor, the Apex made her leave as Futoi could hear the sound of the scientist warping away to another location…

The Hylotl filled the lab’s ambiance with her cries and struggles for hours. She didn’t know what to do. She didn’t know if she would see the daylight ever again. All she could do was sit and let herself be filled up by the seemingly endless amount of lard sitting in front of her.

As more hours passed, Futoi gradually, but eventually quieted down. She had grown weary and lightheaded, but she refused to close her eyes. Futoi was too tired to struggle, and yet, too terrified to even let herself give into slumber.

Futoi began to reminisce in silence of her life before this incident. The many opponents she faced, the Hylotl artistries she was fortunate to bear witness to, the feeling of resting on the shores of a beach, below a twinkling sky of infinite possibilities.

Like many Hylotl, Futoi did not take life for granted, but the distressing situation only made Futoi appreciate the simpler things even more…

10 Likes

That was a weird and dark twist… I thought it would get better for her.

1 Like

Here comes another character- this time, its a Glitch. Weight gain for robots has always been a bit odd for me, but maybe showing this character off could get me more invested.

Her name is Siegeflower. She is a Glitch noblewoman built with the hereditary ability to repair other Glitch with just a touch, instantly healing wounds and nearly fatal injuries in seconds. Her family of healers were instrumental in wars of old.

Eventually becoming bored of her wealthy life, Siegeflower decided to travel the galaxy to see things she hadn’t quite seen before. But since she can’t fight on her own, Siegeflower hired the help of two bodyguards.

Upon meeting the Glitch noblewoman, the hired help were immediately smitten with their employer. The bodyguards became friendly rivals of love, courting Siegeflower in hopes of winning her affection.

Siegeflower2

Ironbolt is an archer who provides long-range protection, along with gathering food out in the wilderness of alien planets. Ironically, aim is questionable due to well, a glitch in his targeting systems, but his charm is what keeps Ironbolt from getting fired.

Siegeflower6

Ironbolt is a kindhearted and sensitive Glitch, pure in his intentions. He tries to win Siegeflower over slowly, with humble compliments and displays of commitment to his job (even if he doesn’t always hit his target).

Siegeflower5

On a good day, he brings Siegeflower a feast from all of the things he managed to hit. He even shows a good deal of daring if it means pleasing the object of his affections.

Siegeflower7

On the other hand, Rendheart the berserker is not so subtle in his intentions. Rendheart makes his wish to marry Siegeflower blatantly known. In fact, he wishes to fatten Siegeflower up to make her the ideal wife.

Siegeflower11

His mighty, massive hammer takes a while to swing, but provides effective assistance in keeping Siegeflower safe. Though, Rendheart can be overconfident in his abilities, recklessly diving into hordes of enemies to ensure his employer’s safety. This leaves him in the healing hands of Siegeflower quite often- moments he greatly anticipates.

Siegeflower9 Siegeflower10

Unlike Ironbolt, who has fully awakened from his medieval programming, Rendheart is still stuck on archaic beliefs, making him inflexible in certain situations. A part of this inflexibility is his tendency to be overprotective, not wanting anyone else but Ironbolt to be his rival in love.

Siegeflower13

Though, Siegeflower appreciates Rendheart’s outdated chivalry on an ironic level. He makes Siegeflower roll her optics more than Ironbolt does, but Rendheart’s skill and equal commitment makes him just as appealing. Siegeflower even humors Rendheart in his drive to make her bigger.

Siegeflower4

One might question how a mechanical being can even gain weight in the first place, but one can also question their ability to feel love, compassion, sadness, and other emotions that other races might feel. But to the Glitch, it only comes naturally.

Siegeflower will only continue to grow during her adventures with Ironbolt and Rendheart. How big will she become, and who will she choose in the end? That is up to the universe to decide…

2 Likes

Things will get better after this. Sorry if it got a little too weird. I wondered if the sudden twist would make things more interesting, but the least I want is for it to turn people off from the story.

1 Like

I think it was a good addition to compound the severity of her situation - it makes one wonder if she’ll actually be able to get out. It was a good addition, as usual, if a little dark

1 Like

Glad you liked it. Aside from being a “Planet of the Apes” race basically, the Apex can be pretty terrifying. I wanted to at least delve into how scary they could be, and explore the other side of deviation from Big Ape’s regime.

Yeah precisely. They literally are a totalitarian regime that experiments on their own population

1 Like

I’ll be uploading another character soon, but I felt like retconning some things with Eva. I changed some of her crew members up, since there was no real way to distinct them from each other. I’ll also be going over their individual traits.

When Eva learned how to replicate the accident which bought her into being, she didn’t stop at just one. Finding more Symbiotes, she split her host apart to give the rest bodies. These new Symbiote-Slimes carry distinct personalities based off of the life forms she’s eaten, and display shape-shifting powers similar to the original.

While the slime that makes their bodies originate from Eva, the Symbiotes controlling the slime were found in different locations across the universe. As such, the six view each other as close partners. Their hive mind originating from Eva makes their relationship quite intimate.

Their goal is to liberate other Symbiotes and produce more of their kind, cementing themselves as their own race. Still, their naming process is still quite primitive, only dividing the word “symbiote” between themselves for distinction.

Eva51

“Bi”, the violet Symbiote-Slime is Eva’s first successful attempt at reproduction. She shares many of Eva’s traits, such as her urge for collecting valuables. She seems to follow the logic of “treasure=food”, considering the most sought after things as the most delicious.

Eva52

“Yote” is similar in appearance to Bi, but swaps “treasure=food” to “food=treasure”. Yote tends to hoard food from the others, and isn’t picky about what she eats. Eva has to stop Yote from eating the wrong foods quite often. Its difficult to poison the Symbiote-Slimes, but one bad meal can be felt by the others.

Bi and Yote fight by shifting their arms into tentacles, overwhelming their prey with a wriggling mass of extensions. This keeps attackers at bay, all while they wrap up the weakened prey and wholly consume them.

Eva54

“Yont”, the red Symbiote-Slime, is a savage hunter who trades proper words for instinct. She’s highly protective of Eva, even going so far as calling her the “prime” of the group. The others may agree, but Yont takes it to another level. Her empathy being the closest to Eva’s could be another reason.

Eva55

“Sym”, the pink Symbiote-Slime relies on emotion rather than instinct. Sym always tells the others how she’s feeling, providing insight and understanding. Yont and Sym both utilize a strange mixture of techno-organic materials, thrusting metallic whips which electrocute and paralyze upon contact.

Eva57

“Ymbi”, another green Symbiote-Slime, is the designated healer of the group. She discharges a greasy liquid made from the fat reserves of her prey, filing the others up to accelerate their healing. This liquid is incredibly fattening for other life-forms, allowing Ymbi to collect what she’s lost by bloating her victims up to immense sizes, before completely consuming them.

Eva59

Ymbi is the least capable fighter, which is why she usually takes a step back to heal the other Symbiote-Slimes from a distance. She’s timid and somewhat juvenile, but the others appreciate her ability to feed them, keeping their slime halves satisfied for the time being.

Together, the Symbiote-Slimes are a formidable crew of voracious eaters. In their goal to multiply, their slime halves must keep eating until there’s enough nutrients to produce more of their kind.

I think I’m done properly introducing Eva and her crew. Their adventures will focus on a polyamorous relationship between feeding partners, and their stories will focus on the rise of their species. Its an idea that I hope will be just as interesting.

2 Likes

So the Miniknog fatten up the population to make them unfit to rebel. Devious.
And I’m guessing this ties into the creation of the Fat-Ray?

Another Hylotl character from my save files. Tying a compelling weight gain story might be difficult for this one, but there are ideas in the works. For now, here’s the general idea.

Chiyo2

Chiyo is a Hylotl who spends her days watching anime, playing video games, and reading manga. She lived a somewhat sheltered life from within the underwater city she hails from, usually keeping to herself unless someone shares the same interests.

Chiyo1

While most Hylotl are weary of the over-saturation of Numi, a popular character from Hylotl television, Chiyo is in the majority of Hylotl who absolutely adore her. Chiyo prides herself in her collection of Numi merchandise, considering herself an expert on everything Numi related.

Chiyo3

Chiyo isn’t very popular with the other Hylotl, often seeing her obsessions as “childish” and “materialistic”. Some even give off-handed advice concerning her size, brought about by a lack of exercise and stashes of exotic alien snacks.

Chiyo4

Chiyo’s life was changed forever when she encountered an oddly-colored Poptop living in a cave above the surface. To her surprise, the Poptop was intelligent on a sentient level, and was fully capable of speech.

Chiyo5

The Poptop, who named herself Albi, asked Chiyo if she wanted to “fulfill her destiny”. Watching enough anime to know where this was going, Chiyo jumped straight into the offer without asking a single question.

Albi then handed Chiyo a wand of incredible power. Once the wand was activated, Chiyo took on an incredible transformation…

3 Likes

NO! not Puella Magi Madoka Magica! just kidding, I know it won’t go to that way, Right?

1 Like

Follow to find out, though I can’t guarantee XD

I was just surprised that it would take such a turn, as before I had no thoughts at all it could turn dark like that. I don’t mind it though.

1 Like

This sounds like it could be a strange contradiction. To me it sounds like most Hylotl adore Numi, but most Hylotl also are weary about her oversaturation, is this what you meant by this line?

When you have a Hylotl character who scans Numi-related objects, they’ll say that they’re tired of seeing Numi everywhere. That’s what I mean by “most”. It may be just that specific character, but ehhh-

Oh wait I just noticed the line does not reference the same character twice. I mis-read that line.
No, scratch that, I did read it correctly the first time.

1 Like

Oh yeah, I can see that. The tone changed quite a bit, though I did feel like she wasn’t as interesting without some kind of conflict. She’s basically won every fight she’s been in so far up to this point. : P

A bit confused? I’m saying you’re right about the situation with Numi. If I came off as condescending, I apologize.