Starbound Big Fatties: Fat Items

I still have no ideas for new items, posters, or furniture. Any suggestions would be nice

Not sure if you’re up for scripted items or if you’re just making decorations, but a utility item that would be nice is a sort of “temporary fat storage” that reduces your weight a certain amount but fattens you back up when the item is dropped or removed from your inventory. Useful for when you need to get through doorways or up stairs without carrying a treadmill everywhere.

1 Like

Cool as that would be, that is completely out of my league in terms of programming

I dowloaded your pack and it’s really good! The posters in particular sport some really nice pixel arts.
If i can help with spriting stuff let me know. I’ve been editing the files in the main mod for a bit now.

Update 4 is now complete! Along with a few new posters, we now have shop animations thanks to user Nara who I am now collaborating on with this project. We have something special planned in the future but given our limited coding experience it might not be possible for now. In the meantime, enjoy the new goodies!

4 Likes

Unfortunately there will not be another update for quite some time. Right now me and my friends have not made much progress on the mod and our idea bank is pretty much out. If you want to contribute, provide ideas, or just see how things are going, I have started a Discord Server that you can join if you would like. I am fairly inexperienced with being an admin so don’t expect everything to run smoothly. With that being said I am looking forward to updates for this mod coming out more frequently and of higher quality as well.

The few screenshots look great, might reinstall Starbound and BF just to see the rest of the mod.

You don’t need to reinstall anything to use it

No, I mean, I don’t currently have Starbound on my computer. I meant I might reinstall Starbound again (I deleted it a while ago) just to play this mod.

1 Like

Update 5 is now out! This one took a while due to lacking ideas, busy timelines, and numerous issues. However with all the issues sorted out thanks to several new helpers, the update was finally able to be finished. There are a couple new things but since it took so long to get this done I cannot remember them all, so I guess you’ll just have to look for yourself :slight_smile:

Big Fatties - Fat Item Collection.zip (210.0 KB)

2 Likes

Update 6 has been released! This one has a little mix of things so don’t expect too much. However there is a future project in mind when it comes to the arcade machine…
girl_1
Coding is the major issue with the project so far but if anyone is willing to help please let me know either on here or on the Fat Items Discord since I really want to do this but since coding is not my strong suit I’ll need a lot of assistance.

6 Likes

Hi there! I’m a bit new? How do you install this mod?

You download the ZIP file, unzip the folder, take the mod out of that folder, and then put it into the Starbound Mods folder. Pretty much the same as Big Fatties only with a folder instead of a .pak file

2000 years later…

Sorry for delay, I had just been burnt out on Starbound, out of ideas, occupied with other things, so on and so forth. Point is, me and G finally pulled through and managed to get the update finally rolled out.

Big Fatties - Fat Item Collection.zip (286.2 KB)

What’s in the update? Of course new items but also some tweaks to some existing items such as the fatitemscreator prop to fit in with the new blob sprites. I don’t want to spoil everything but I hope you enjoy this new update after waiting for so long (can’t even remember everything I added changed xD)

3 Likes

Just as a heads up I forgot to add one of the items into the store, no worries though I patched it

Big Fatties - Fat Item Collection.zip (286.2 KB)

5 Likes

I actually have a suggestion for the next update. Why not add a way for users to make their own poster in game, like craft one of their own player character?

I am not that good at coding unfortunately

Update 8 is out! This one has several more items, including two new avian posters, six new trophies, and several more items scattered around. Enjoy!

4 Likes

Apologies for the painfully slow update speed. I just have had stuff going on and still feeling burned out. Not to mention feeling like I have gotten worse at pixel art so any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

3 Likes

If it’s re-spriting, I can help. But if it’s to create something new, I would struggle. Just seeing I I can help. sorry if I not what you’re looking for. :smiley:

Edit: Actually I could create sprite as long as they didn’t require to animated. Still not my biggest strong point

1 Like