Starbound Big Fatties: Fat Items

You don’t need to reinstall anything to use it

No, I mean, I don’t currently have Starbound on my computer. I meant I might reinstall Starbound again (I deleted it a while ago) just to play this mod.

1 Like

Update 5 is now out! This one took a while due to lacking ideas, busy timelines, and numerous issues. However with all the issues sorted out thanks to several new helpers, the update was finally able to be finished. There are a couple new things but since it took so long to get this done I cannot remember them all, so I guess you’ll just have to look for yourself :slight_smile:

Big Fatties - Fat Item Collection.zip (210.0 KB)

2 Likes

Update 6 has been released! This one has a little mix of things so don’t expect too much. However there is a future project in mind when it comes to the arcade machine…
girl_1
Coding is the major issue with the project so far but if anyone is willing to help please let me know either on here or on the Fat Items Discord since I really want to do this but since coding is not my strong suit I’ll need a lot of assistance.

6 Likes

Hi there! I’m a bit new? How do you install this mod?

You download the ZIP file, unzip the folder, take the mod out of that folder, and then put it into the Starbound Mods folder. Pretty much the same as Big Fatties only with a folder instead of a .pak file

2000 years later…

Sorry for delay, I had just been burnt out on Starbound, out of ideas, occupied with other things, so on and so forth. Point is, me and G finally pulled through and managed to get the update finally rolled out.

Big Fatties - Fat Item Collection.zip (286.2 KB)

What’s in the update? Of course new items but also some tweaks to some existing items such as the fatitemscreator prop to fit in with the new blob sprites. I don’t want to spoil everything but I hope you enjoy this new update after waiting for so long (can’t even remember everything I added changed xD)

3 Likes

Just as a heads up I forgot to add one of the items into the store, no worries though I patched it

Big Fatties - Fat Item Collection.zip (286.2 KB)

5 Likes

I actually have a suggestion for the next update. Why not add a way for users to make their own poster in game, like craft one of their own player character?

I am not that good at coding unfortunately

Update 8 is out! This one has several more items, including two new avian posters, six new trophies, and several more items scattered around. Enjoy!

4 Likes

Apologies for the painfully slow update speed. I just have had stuff going on and still feeling burned out. Not to mention feeling like I have gotten worse at pixel art so any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

3 Likes

If it’s re-spriting, I can help. But if it’s to create something new, I would struggle. Just seeing I I can help. sorry if I not what you’re looking for. :smiley:

Edit: Actually I could create sprite as long as they didn’t require to animated. Still not my biggest strong point

1 Like

how can i import this into starbound? when i unzip the file i downloaded i dont get the usual .pak file, do i need to put this somewhere else?

It’s effectively an “unpacked” mod in the form of a normal folder, so put it in your mods folder right alongside your other mods and you’re good to go!

2 Likes

Alright, thanks mate!

1 Like

Just going to say this; as of right now I am not working towards making the next update. I am just struggling to make new items for the mod and generally just do not have the same vibe as before. If anyone wants to have custom items that they’ve made to be included I would be more than happy to include it with credit given. For the time being, do not expect another update for this mod.

5 Likes

So you mean you have a creative block or just general burnout?

If it is creative block…

Ideas
  1. Wand of cake: Summons a cake that floats at the cursor. Can be steered to enemies, allies or yourself. Barely restores hunger, but gives the other effects. Bonus points if it can “level up” with more use.
  2. Taste improver: Back-slot item that makes food more satiating when used, but any food eaten while it is active, gives you a stacking “addicted” effect, that allows for over-stuffing and increases the speed of the hunger bar draining (diminishing increase to not have it empty within a frame at some point)
  3. Auto-feeder: Back slot item that automatically keeps you topped off with food. If you run out of food, it fabricates some less healthy alternative paste to use.
  4. Slime-catcher: Weapon that on right click picks up jelly slimes and on left click shoots them at enemies.
  5. Mad chocolatiers terraformer: Terraformer made from every chocolate item you can think of, that turns a small area around it into basically the first room of wonkas factory.

If it is general burnout…

I hope you are fine and everything goes well for you. This is a great addition to the package and I really enjoyed it so far.

1 Like

I wish I had any modding experience, otherwise I’d try to hop in on this just to make these items.

Why did you pick a Lucario to represent this object?