Starbound Big Fatties: Fat Items

I"m surprised I never realized that.

I just thought it looked nice and I have a soft spot for lucarios

1 Like

Due to my non-existent progress on the mod, from hereon out of anyone wants to contribute via their own items to the mod, you are more than welcome to. Any contributions will be listed both in #community-content on the Fat Items Discord Server and on this very WeightGaming page. This is not a limited-time event and will likely go on indefinitely, with no limit to the number of submissions. All I ask is it be something more than just an idea, whether it be sprites, code/item files, or a fully completed item ready to go.

2 Likes

I kinda do wanna have an item I made added, since we talked about it on Discord after I shared what I was working on in the Bigfatties official server, just not sure if I should let you have what I’ve done already or make something new for the sake of releasing the stuff I already made in it’s own dedicated themed addon. :thinking:

2 Likes

Literally a day after I wrote this I decided on submitting the items I made to be put in the addon XD

2 Likes

I get ugly framedrops with this installed :disappointed:

Wait really? I’ve never heard of anyone having that issue with this mod. Send me a log to or uninstall it to see if there’s any errors with the mod causing the framerate drops

Sure, give me a minute or ten.

nvm that, couldnt find the right one and sent an old log, removed a couple of mods and it’s fixed now, not sure what caused it but I could swear back then perfomance got better after uninstalling, even now with it feels a little sharp sometimes, maybe its just me, now theres just warns of dungeons objects not getting placed and a bunch of errors relating stardustcore and a missing hylotl milk asset?
starbound.zip (9.4 KB)

1 Like

Maybe, looking at it there are some errors with the metagui which might be the cause of the framedrop error

[Error] Could not load image asset ‘/metagui/themes/starbound/frame.png’, using placeholder default.
(AssetException) No such asset ‘/metagui/themes/starbound/frame.png’
[13:07:57.066] [Error] Could not load image asset ‘/metagui/themes/starbound/button.png’, using placeholder default.
(AssetException) No such asset ‘/metagui/themes/starbound/button.png’
[13:07:57.070] [Error] Could not load image asset ‘/metagui/themes/starbound/scrollBar.png’, using placeholder default.
(AssetException) No such asset ‘/metagui/themes/starbound/scrollBar.png’
[13:07:57.072] [Error] Could not load image asset ‘/metagui/themes/starbound/textBox.png’, using placeholder default.
(AssetException) No such asset ‘/metagui/themes/starbound/textBox.png’
[13:07:57.075] [Error] Could not load image asset ‘/metagui/themes/starbound/tabPanel.png’, using placeholder default.
(AssetException) No such asset ‘/metagui/themes/starbound/tabPanel.png’
[13:07:57.077] [Error] Could not load image asset ‘/metagui/themes/starbound/tab.png’, using placeholder default.
(AssetException) No such asset ‘/metagui/themes/starbound/tab.png’
[13:07:57.079] [Error] Could not load image asset ‘/metagui/themes/starbound/checkBox.png’, using placeholder default.
(AssetException) No such asset ‘/metagui/themes/starbound/checkBox.png’
[13:07:57.082] [Error] Could not load image asset ‘/metagui/themes/starbound/radioButton.png’, using placeholder default.
(AssetException) No such asset ‘/metagui/themes/starbound/radioButton.png’
[13:07:57.084] [Error] Could not load image asset ‘/metagui/themes/starbound/itemSlot.png’, using placeholder default.
(AssetException) No such asset ‘/metagui/themes/starbound/itemSlot.png’
[13:07:57.087] [Error] Could not load image asset ‘/metagui/themes/starbound/itemRarity.png’, using placeholder default.
(AssetException) No such asset ‘/metagui/themes/starbound/itemRarity.png’

[Error] [string “/sys/metagui/core.lua”]:185: attempt to index a number value (field ‘size’)
stack traceback:
[string “/sys/metagui/core.lua”]:185: in field ‘applyGeometry’
[string “/sys/metagui/widgets.lua”]:184: in method ‘applyGeometry’
[string “/sys/metagui/core.lua”]:195: in field ‘applyGeometry’
[string “/sys/stardust/cosplay/cosplay.ui.lua”]:98: in function <[string “/sys/stardust/cosplay/cosplay.ui.lua”]:90>
[13:08:46.440] [Error] [string “/sys/metagui/core.lua”]:185: attempt to index a number value (field ‘size’)
stack traceback:
[string “/sys/metagui/core.lua”]:185: in field ‘applyGeometry’
[string “/sys/metagui/core.lua”]:195: in field ‘applyGeometry’
[string “/sys/stardust/cosplay/cosplay.ui.lua”]:98: in function <[string “/sys/stardust/cosplay/cosplay.ui.lua”]:90>

1 Like

Yeah I solved the metagui problems, I have a custom UI mod interfering with stardust, which was trying to use vanilla ui, what I still have no idea how to fix is the “attempt to index a number value”

Sorry I can’t really help you there either, I’ve got no clue what’s causing that : (

Due to G’s (hopefully temporary) disappearance, I’m in dire need of people to help out with the mod, especially given my rust since I haven’t modded Starbound in a very long time. Sprite makers, coders, any sort of assistance would be nice and I’m even willing to give out “beta” version of the mod to those willing to help out. I know people have been waiting a long time and I’m sorry for not delivering. If possible, I’d love to turn this into a more frequently updated community mod like I was hoping to do by opening up community submissions.

• TL;DR, I’m offering spots on the modding team or just occasional contributions

(Can go to the linked Discord or DM me on here for more details)

1 Like

After 3/4ths of a year and many other events later, the long awaited Update 9 has finally released. I sincerely apologize for making everyone having taken so long to release an update. I was expecting Dispatch’s update to release and was burned out on Starbound so it lead to me into a “eh I’ll work on it when the big BF rework drops”. Of course that never happened so I ended up sitting on it, only to be snapped back into mod making following G’s disappearance. G, if you ever come back or see this message, this update’s for you.

List of Mod Additions
Major

• Beautifull Attempt game finished

Completely redone to now have 3 separate paths, 2-5 subpaths within in them, 5 good endings, 4 neutral endings, 3 bad endings, and 1 unique “ending”
Features dozens of new sprites and new backgrounds

• Synth Food Truck shop added
    Moderate
  • fatavalipanel revamped for better quality
  • Avali feeding tube and large avali cushion added [Thank you Oden Derg]
    Minor
  • Moved colajug to the Synth Food Truck
  • Added “icehot” to the Synth Food Truck
3 Likes

very happy to see the new version release :blush:

1 Like

Hi after downloading this and putting it in the right place I tried obtaining the BF arcade machine to try the modded Beautiful Attempt. However the game would not load. However I checked the mod’s folder and the stuff for BA is in the mod’s folder. Is there a way to fix this?

I haven’t had anyone report that issue before nor have I experienced it for a very long time. Could you send me your .log file?

Ok I managed to get it working. I removed several mods (two race mods, BFraces, and a non BF sprite retexture).I also realized the mod was doubled foldered(normally I extract zips into a generated folder in my download folder)and fixed that. Now it seems to be working. Sorry for the scare! ^^;
Though in the future if I need to post a .log where would that be located? I spotted several in the storage folder.

Glad to hear you managed to get it working!

For the .log files themselves, the upper most one (the text file) is the most recent with the ones underneath it being older logs

Ah gotcha I’ll keep that in mind for the future.