Starbound Big Fatties: "Modded" Items

These are cool! They’re like mods without having to download anything.

1 Like

If any of you have any suggestions for custom items or have actually made any yourself let me know. Some of them might be impossible for someone of my modding level (I’ve been trying to get the Alien Worm Gun to inflict the forcefed status but have had no success) but perhaps someone else could make them a reality and if not, maybe have it as a part of a full-on mod

Alright, idea. Flame thrower, but it shoots out the same stuff that Lard Golems shoot out. The breath attack, I mean.

1 Like

Patch 3 “Oddball Shipment” is now live! There’s a few more guns and an new armor, but I decided to branch out and explore the furniture a bit. Nothing massive (hehe, “massive”) but it goes to show that it is not just weapons and armors that can be modded. Granted it might be hard to find one that makes sense for obvious reason but again its more of a demonstration for anyone interested in making custom items themselves. Speak of which I changed the title from " “Modded” Weapons" to " “Modded” Items" to more accurately reflect this idea.

1 Like

Does the rifle need Mod Fatties to work?

Yes, I should probably update that.

EDIT: Fixed the description to say that it needs ModFatties to work, thank you for spotting that!

So we now have a Stim pack that fattens… how about one that does the opposite?

I’m sorry, but this seems a little confusing. So how do we add these items into Starbound exactly? The link that was posted appears to be broken.

It’s actually a lot harder as there is no “weight loss” status effect besides the treadmill. So that might not work at all

No it works, you just need to hit the “back to site” button and it should do the trick

Thanks I figured it out! I was really just wondering how to get the items posted in the original thread into the game.

1 Like

Just copy paste them into your chat and it should work, you’ll need to be in admin mode first though

would it be possible to change the projectile turrets fire?

Possibly, I’m not entirely sure but I’ll experiment with it. What do you want it changed to?

standard fat darts or just chocolate/lard.

1 Like

I’ll give it a try though the generator I’m using isn’t working properly. I’ll see if I can do it manually or if I can find a better one.

Is there a way to add a visual effect to the Fattening Field? For now all it does is lightly hiss when activated. I wired an activation indicator up to it to help but a visible effect would help, I think.

The fattening field is what is used on the Cursed Avian Altar so that’s why it does not have any indication. Also I’m just modifying pre-existing stuff in different ways with very limited knowledge so adding sound effects or visual indicators is out of my league

Ah, that makes sense. Though that does make me wonder if the main mod could possibly be changed to have some sort of field effect for the statues.

1 Like

I mean the whole point of it being a “cursed” statue is that it’s not supposed to have a giant field of “fattening” energy that’s visible from a mile away.

4 Likes