Starbound Mod: Starpounds Big Fatties

They are spawnable. However no way to obtain them legit yet. I didn’t want to add them to the shop and any plans I have for how to obtain them haven’t gotten any traction yet.

2 Likes

Would it be too much if I asked for the spawn IDs for them, then? I can’t seem to find anything to point me in the right direction by looking through the files, since I’m just getting Perfectly Generic Objects for my trouble. :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: unless it’s like “/spawnitem codexname-codex”?

1 Like

Yes, codex items are special and require the addition to the item name. So any id with “-codex”

2 Likes

Know it might sound like the opposite of the mod’s intention :stuck_out_tongue: but any chance of like a liposuction gun or something similar? I made one of my tenants a blob to see if I could but now they’re in the way of their own deed.

1 Like

Okay there’s something great about that though, the idea that one of your tenants is now so fat you can’t even get around her to do stuff in her home.

2 Likes

So I went ahead and created a thread as per @cloaker suggestion as a means to keep this thread in discussion with the mod itself rather than a general discussion with content that uses the mod in a way.

Hopefully this is allowed and hopefully others are going to pitch into this idea.

1 Like

I might just be doing something wrong, but the game just crashed on startup, the log file mentioned a lot of errors about there apparently being duplicates of certain items… Did I screw something up, or are the duplicates meant to be there?

Did you delete the old Big Fatties folder before adding the new version, or did you try what I did the first time and let it overwrite files? :stuck_out_tongue:

Basically, you’re supposed to delete the old Big Fatties then put the new one in. I think certain items were renamed or something? I dunno the reason for it, but that’s what you need to do. Also, you will probably crash when first loading a character (see above), but that’s normal as far as I know. It should work the second time. =w=

1 Like

That worked, thank you so much!

1 Like

Hello Dispatch I have questions and suggestions: How about the rain because of which the character gets fat? Or add a game mode like survival, walks or hardcore. Where every damage causes the character to get fat (except for damage from falling, temperatures, elements, poisoning, and explosions).
You promised to throw off changes in mod.
I also found thickslime armor, plumpslime in the files in the folder and where I can find them. Who else except mootant (from 1 mission in mines) has fattening attacks (translation by google)

1 Like

Absolutely loving this mod so far! I managed to download the old version the day before you updated this, so I was really confused on some of the things people were talking about. I enjoy the extra challenge the mod provides, what with the decreased movement speed and all.

I tried searching around and couldn’t find one, but would some one be able to make a add-on/compatibility patch for the felin race mod by chance?

I miiiight take a punt at it, since I got a Lastree one kinda working the other day (need to edit the sprites to look more like Lastree, though). No promises, though. =w=;

(To someone who actually knows what they’re doing: their colouring seems kinda similar to the Avians or the Hylotl, I wanna say, so would someone looking to do this be looking at how their colouring works for the Felin, or would it be more involved?)

Ya I just spent about 30 min figuring out the file structure, sadly i’m just not good at pixel art (or art in general) and tried using some of the already made bodies and merge them and it just didn’t look quite right. I wish you or anyone else that gives it a try luck, saw some one made a addon for their skunk race too.

Really loving the mod so far. It is pretty hard to survive for long at the higher weights despite the extra health, I formulated a few ideas (I apologize for the text wall in advance) that would compensate for some of the disadvantages in ways that feel balanced, just enough to make remaining at high weights more viable:

• Temporary Slimming Tonic. While it’s effect is active you are automatically considered “skinny” and suffer none of the impediments of your actual weight stage. When the slimming effect expires, you return to your original weight, plus a little more as a side-effect (effect ends, which stops masking your actual weight, and you gain additional weight via existing effects). You can still gain weight while the slimming effect is active, you just won’t be impeded by it until it runs out. The reasoning for this item is to enable the player to go on missions they are otherwise too burdened to safely complete without going through the long/expensive process of slimming down or taking off the badge (which feels like cheating and strips the player of the environmental protection of the badge).

• A way to remove weight from npcs. This could be a gun similar to the existing ones, just inflicting digestion instead, or a slimming AOE a la the cursed statue. This one is mostly just because of npcs getting in the way of block placement or background objects and having to wait them out.

• A walker mech. This one is wishful thinking, but some sort of small terrestrial vehicle that can just run and jump at levels comparable to that of an unburdened player (perhaps a bit more so to compensate for the mobility granted by techs). It’s an alternative to the slimming tonic that’s a bit more limited but reusable.

Other than these thoughts that occurred to me while playing, some issues:

• The morphball retains the player’s speed and oddly shaped hitbox, the latter looking very strange, as it is not circular and it looks like the ball is hovering.

• The “butterball” effect refreshes upon entering the ship, resetting its duration and causing the player’s weight to seemingly spontaneously increase. I have yet to test if this occurs with other effects or if it’s the only circumstance that can trigger it.

2 Likes

I just tried this out and it’s pretty dang cute!

But uhh… My morphball isn’t working? Did I do something wrong? I do have other mods but they’re all through steam, this is my first ever file mod… if that matter at all I don’t really know, heh.

Nah, dude is just the altered hitbox

Unless it’s happening with all badges to you for some reason, I’ve noticed that the morphball weirdness only happens with the Gluttony badges. Previously existing badges as well as the Thick/Plump/Dummy Thick badges are all fine.

Haven’t tested morphball compatibility with the Blob badge yet, though…

1 Like

Also, is this what was happening to you, nekoboi? Gonna try using the Hylotl legs next and seeing how they work.

Edit: …Or not. Turns out the Hylotl and Avians have slightly different palettes. This’ll require a bit of editing. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

lmao ya just about, I plan on trying a few more things when i get the free time, if i find anything useful i will let you know!