Starbound Mod: Starpounds Big Fatties

Ok so it’s good that I kept my backups! The update was extremely minor, I see no reason I can’t just wait for the next update!
I appreciate your helpfulness and confirmation!
I am trailblazing in the world of mods, so to speak. That is; I am operating on assumption and deductive reasoning to employ them, so any time someone gives me definitive knowledge is appreciated.

1 Like

I mean, you’re already on the right track in that case! I make it a rule of thumb to always keep the last working version of a mod on hand. Whether you goof up the install or the modder simply accidentally uploads an incorrect/corrupted file - because that can, and does, happen - it at least still allows you to roll your game back to a reasonably playable state. Couldn’t count the number of times I’ve seen people end up in the same situation as you, but rather than taking responsibility for their usually careless installs, they’d rather just go “u broke my game. fix ):<”, a common occurrence in the comments section of a lot of Steam workshop mods.

But I digress. This is just pure guesswork here, but I’d say it’s possible that maybe you accidentally dropped old files into the folder of another mod folder that only conflict once the new version of this one is installed. You may want to try the 'ol “uninstall everything” method (which would really just be you temporarily pulling your mods out of the mod folder) and see if the update at least works if used alone. It’s very likely that whatever is causing your problem at the moment will only persist into the next update so you may want to take a more active approach as opposed to waiting for a likely loooong time.

Of course, if you’d rather stick with the older version then no harm in that either, it’s ultimately your decision after all!

1 Like

Yay, I am finally a trusted member so now I can post more in this thread!

So I finished the Avali sprites. I hope I am not trampling on Dispatch’s work if they’ve got it already in progress. My apologies of I have. If no damage, I hope that you can use these in your mod and that it’s now one less thing you have to work on!

Anyway, here it is.

hey, so when do you think photosynthesis is coming back? and will it still be exclusive to floran?

Are there any other plant races that it could be used for? (Please say there are, I don’t want the florans to be the sole plant bois and girls)

I could definitely see the Gardevan race having the Photosynthesis ability.

Photosynthesis is likely never coming back due to being very unengaging and taxing for starbound.

Oof, yeah, that makes sense.

Plz come back, I’m lonely

Hi.
I just just downloaded the game and installed the mod but I don’t know what “weightscale” is not the "shop"
I appreciate any help.

Hello!!
I just installed the game and I have no idea that it is “weight scale” and the “store”.
I appreciate any help.

Welcome to WeightGaming,

The mod has 2 specific “benches”, the weight scale and the big fatties store.

The weight scale is where you go for movement badges (back then, there were all of them, now, I think only the dummy thick is available), it also offer body types in multiple variants, as well as clothing options for your character.

The Big fatties store is a giant container with a hefty novakid cook, it is similar in design to the terramart as in you buy stuff from it to, basically all of the mods other content (food, decorations and objects) will appear there.

Both can be acquired from the character’s crafting menu, no bench needed, hope this helps

1 Like

Thank you!!!
Now I understand.
The problem I have now is about the location of the files. I don’t know since I have the “Big fatties” folder and the “QuickbarMini.pak” file separated … do they have to be in the same Big Fatties folder?

Theses have to be separate, but in the mods folder, it should look like this:
/Common
-/Starbound
–/Mods
—/Big Fatties
—/Quickbarmini.pak

1 Like

I guess I’m right.
I also wonder how I can make my character fat. Eat?
Thank you for your attention <3

Eating food and getting force fed (i.e: Moontant ranged attacks) are the primary ways, indeed – there’s another way as well, but you’ll find that out if you utilize the “Red UI” for yourself if it’s your kind of thing~.

However, you can also set your base/minimum weight so that your character never drops below a particular weight size when losing weight, or even make your weight static so that food retains it’s vanilla function of keeping you fed or providing buffs and nothing more.

Basically, this last update of Big Fatties has offered quite a few options this time around, further expanded by the well-made addons that exist for the mod, so you’ll likely have many questions answered by just messing with the mod for yourself once you get it working!

2 Likes

Thank you!!!
Sorry if it caused a lot of trouble but I didn’t know anything xD.
I will try not to ask more and investigate.

1 Like

There’s a Moontant now?!

Any chance to get these avali blob sprites added to the mod officially? The male arms need a little help as the highlight isn’t colored properly like the rest of the bodies, so it remains the same color. AFAIK that is a coding issue and I don’t know how to code for this game.

As in a version of them that can be fattened up, playable or non-playable? Nah, sorry for the misconception in that case!

For several BF versions (not sure when it was first a feature), the Moontant monsters would increase your weight if you got hit by their spray attack – along with the boss of the mission if it’s beams were to hit you as well. Although, if you haven’t seen them within the last few updates, the female variants have been low-key thicc for a while now~ :eyes::sweat_drops:

1 Like