Starbound Mod: Starpounds Big Fatties

Mission? Oh, I saw you guys talking as if the erchius mining mission was changed(and I’ve yet to actually do it myself to find out).

It hasn’t been changed, it just that the enemies make you gain weight with their ranged attacks

Disguy pointed out that I had an error with the HTML color code in my sprite for the arms. It has been fixed. My dropbox link is updated.

Will say this has been a pleasant surprise. Had starbound for a bit but never played it till I saw this. So thanks for making me finally play it lol

Been fun. Def makes me want to try and look into modding in a few other things(like more enemies capable of fattening player or other stuff) but I have no idea how hard it is to actually make a mod for starbound

My game keeps crashing when I start it up, it wont get passed the loading image.

Going to be next to impossible to troubleshoot your issue without a log to look through. Send me a PM with the entire ‘starbound.log’ text copy and pasted in a message and I’ll try to take a look at it when I next get a chance.

And on the off-chance you don’t know where that particular file is, it’s in your ‘storage’ folder, which itself is located in the main game folder.

I’m gonna buy the game on steam. So does anybody recommend me downloading this mod? (Is it a good idea ? )

If you like fatness… HELL YEAH!

Starbound Logs.docx (43.0 KB)

here they are I looked through it roughly but Ive never messed with this kind of thing so I didn’t know what to look for.

Can you thicken the arm on the background side from the screen?

Thanks for the recommendation and I do like fatness. :relieved::pray:

So, I’ve noticed a small bug in the mod. I see that someone else said something a while ago, but it probably got glossed over due to the excitement of the update. But it seems that with the newest update, the NPC Feeding Tubes are busted. Whenever an npc uses a tube, one of two things will happen.
1- The tube will not connect with their mouth, and nothing will happen.
Or
2- If they get on AFTER you get off, the animation will play properly, but YOU will get fatter, rather than them.
The 2 screenshots I have show both events happening at the same time. Not sure what would cause this, because I’ve tried playing without other mods, but it still happens. It’s not a game breaking bug, I just saw that it never really got addressed. At least, not from what I’ve seen in the feed :sweat_smile:!
Sorry for the long post, just wanted to try and bring a spotlight on it :sweat_smile:

(These screenshots were taken seconds after one another)

4 Likes

Oop, I was just about to report this!! It happened to me a few days ago, but I was unsure if it was a conflict occurring with another mod (e.g Mod Fatties, clothing expansion, etc).
I’d definitely like it to be fixed, but I still think it’s a fun little glitch! I first noticed it when I got a scientist crew member, who hopped on the tube after I recruited them and I rapidly started bloating. Being a scientist, I guess you could call their experiment a success :yum:

1 Like

Reee, just fixed the avali blob arms again. I think this is it this time! Try either of my links.

2 Likes

I seem to be having a small problem with the shop. most of what I assume is the food just shows up as the error item (those generic item green cubes) I since three sodes can be bought and all of the decore item are fine though.
note root pop and the first Digestion potion are the items between the error items

Mod’s coming along amazingly, I have to say. Much like how there’s an Apex decoration, of her getting fattened up with a behind shot, is there a chance we’ll get one of each race in a similar situation that we can place down, but in different poses perhaps?

is there any wiki for this? like what each setting in the menu means?
like gurgle is that just a noise or does it do something?

also cool tech Idea hover chair. a tech option the takes the place of the normal jump and dash tech. lets the player move while max weight and still jump tech.
fat mech. a larger mech build for larger sized people and comes in different sizes for different weight sizes

there’s a close alternative for the hover chair thing you suggested, get a hoverbike from Penguin Pete’s store. it disables your hitbox and you’re movement is unaffected by weight. visually it fits fairly well for all of the weigh sizes except the blob, which the sprite is too large for the bike

the hover chair idea was ment to be a item that in game lets the player be straigh immobile and still be able to play with out cutting out size effects