Starbound Mod Mod: Mod Fatties

i’d recommend keeping the spider half roughly the same, just scaling to fit the body for blob!

I know spiders have exoskeletons, but maybe at certain size ranges start making those legs bulkier and/or make that spider tummy drag along the ground/hang lower like they’re having a hard time walking? Just some minor suggestions, I have no idea how hard that would be to do.

3 Likes

I generally agree with this. Mostly adhere to established anatomy, but don’t be afraid to break some rules as you reach increasingly hefty sizes. Honestly, I feel like keeping the spider body completely the same the whole way would just look strange.

2 Likes

yeah, I think my best option here is to keep the spider half relatively the same, but to make minor adjustments for each size (i.e. the chubster size has the belly kind of resting on the legs, and that looks kind of bizarre without human legs) but for the fatty and blob sizes, i’ll have to do a bit of improvisation.

i do think you should break the rules a little bit on the spider half after thinking for a bit, making the underside a bit plumper and maybe dragging against the floor a little.

1 Like

the spiders have a abdomen like a real spider right? why not have that grow?

1 Like

pantsF
this is what i’ve gotten so far for the fatty size, doesn’t look half bad ingame, but i have yet to do walking, swimming and blob. i’m thinking of breaking the traditional blob shape for the arache, but hell i’m not too good a coder let alone an artist. i’ll see how things go.
(yes i am copying the human sprite lemmealone)

3 Likes

i can’t really make the abdomen grow because the fatty size itself take up just about all of the size for each frame, but i might do something with the blob size

i’ve made some good progress on the fatty size, about half done, and i’ve just gone through to add support for the race’s coloured arms

i hope i’m not the only one looking forward to this
edit: just finished compatibility for busty/stuffed/filled

2 Likes

Can you add support for Nekos as well? I’m stuck with my fat Neko either in the starter cosmetic outfit but for fat bodies, or almost nude.

Neko should already work as long as you have modfatties races, link me the specific neko mod you are using.

For making each sprite, i had to first completely remove the fatty size’s rear before adding the spider legs.
About a week after repeating this, i forgot to hit save after finishing the running animations. This left me with the buttless version of the sprite, and it to my surprise, it didn’t look half bad. Since the spider half of the Arachne’s base sprite is longer than the human’s legs, it showed up behind the fatty belly, with all legs working fine.

TLDR: I made a good oopsie and now the arachne is compatible! Unfortunately, i don’t think i’ll be doing the blob size. The normal blob wouldn’t work with the arachne legs and i’m not a good enough artist to make a completely new blob.

So finally, Bigfatties ft. arachne

3 Likes

i also left the prototype version within the fatty folder

this one

EDIT: OK, now with that version of mod fatty races my Neko can’t get her sprite updated to match the fatness of my other characters’ limits! She just hovers…

A request: Steam Community :: Error

I am onboard adding the Selachii (Reloaded Version since the one you linked to doesn’t work)

That link is broken. Nobody can tell what you posted.

1 Like

I posted The Selachii Race

Ah, that’s the problem then. the selachii race was deleted. Here, this is a remake someone made Steam Workshop::Selachii Reloaded

that’s the one I meant to link, must’ve gotten the link before.