Starbound Mod Mod: Mod Fatties

I’m pretty sure its only the fatty size being the largest to change, im sure Dispatch has said that they wont change blobby size cause it was pretty hard to do in the first place

1 Like

I have no .pak file, it extract the folder and contents as is.

I haven’t touched the frackin enemies mod in a while, for that just place the folder that gets extracted into the mods folder. I will update it to a .pak when I get a chance

Here you go, broski.

1 Like

Oh awesome, thank you!

1 Like

Could you add zombies to the list of humanoid races? Steam Workshop::Zombie Race Mod Redux

Currently working on adding support for the Arachne race, just need to find out how to open a darn .pak file for a reference
any help? tips? applications? i’ve been stuck on this .pak file for 2 days. everything else is done, i just need to know how to open the .pak file and get the sprites from it.

1 Like

I may also need some help getting the mod to recognize the race

https://community.playstarbound.com/threads/how-to-successfully-pack-and-unpack-pak-files.66649/

thanks, i’ll give this a proper go now

Well, bad news. i tried unpaking a folder and accidentally corrupted the entirety of my copy of starbound. the mod’s fine, and so are my saves, but i have to redownload the game. I may as well just have burned down my house with a cheese grater.

1 Like

Theres an unpacker GUI that you can just drag and drop the .pak file onto.
https://community.playstarbound.com/threads/updated-asset-packaging-unpackaging-gui-frontend-for-1-0.95468/
Unpacking Packed.pak takes a really long time unpack. This GUI makes things much easier and less destructive than using a cmd.

Untitled
This is coming from a Pokemon fan when I say but…is there any room for the Renamon race? I’ve found the race file here. Mod was made by darkninjawolf64 (shout out to him/her!)

1 Like

Sorry if there was any confusion, when I’m referring to the humanoid race group it actually means the mod race uses the same sprite base colors as humans, which lets me add support for them without even making new sprites. The zombie race uses different colors and would need custom sprites like most other races. I will add them to the list of requested races.

1 Like

How the fuck? How is THAT possible? XD

At least your savedata’s fine, the rest is easily recoverable/redownloadable.

Ah, it’s confusing because Lastree is on that list, and have demon colors

If you look at the Lastree files in the mod, you’ll find that their “base” colours are the same as the human’s “base” colours (which are not the same as the skintones they can use in-game), same as the “two-colour” races (Avian, Hylotl, Felin, etc.) all use the same base colours. =w=

1 Like

Is this an updated version, or just a repost? I took a quick glance through it but didn’t see anything new.

I was quoting the original post. No changes that I know of.

Some good news, finally.
I’ve got my game back, and as such i’ve been working on the arachne compatibility. I’ve used a proper unpaking tool (special thanks to @WonkyWankit for the good link) and i’ve gotten the source to the mod’s sprite sheets. another bonus, since the upper half is the same as the human, i’ve just used the pre-existing human tops.
now for the trouble.
Since this mod has a very unique shape, all the base pants will not work (work well at least)
the armours also seem to be in two parts, but the top part is just the sleeves, and the bottom part is the torso and the abdomen/spider body and legs. i think i’ll try to go with the standard of shirt for top and the legs for the bottom, so you don’t have fat sleeves, a flat belly, and thicc spider legs, which brings me to the final issue
i have no idea how i am going to make a spider fat
if anyone’s willing to help, feel free to hmu, but otherwise, i’ll try my best with what i already know.
Thanks for the patience!

1 Like