Starbound Mod Mod: Mod Fatties

Loving the new Lucario sprites! Just two questions:
1: Is there going to be a sprite for immobile, and if so, when will it be released?
2: Do you have the granular stages or just the regular?

Just the regular for now, making the first blob stage was a ton of work so not sure when I’ll get to finishing immobile

Well the majority of the sprite seems to be the same (except for the leg area) unless you’re going for a different immobile state like that one Avali micro-mod

I just hope to see it soon, loving the new fat lucario!

Is Blubber Gum a real thing in the mod or is it just a TV ad thing?

so, is there love for protogens here?

1 Like

Not many people like them compared to others, I’ve found.
Personally, I don’t like them. There’s also several other requested species already.

So, how do I get these races to work. I got the Lucario race and the Argonian race, and both don’t work!

Your problem is a bit vague unfortunately, but I’m going to assume one of two things:
If you’re referring to the races not getting fat, or something to that effect, then you may have put the mod files in the wrong place. Make sure your .pak file (in this case, “ModFattiesRaces”) is put directly into the mods folder for the main Starbound folder, same place as the normal Big Fatties mod. So long as it’s there, the races should function completely fine.

Of course, if you’re referring to being able to select the races period, then you need a race extender, such as “Xbawks Character Extender” (Steam Workshop::Xbawks Character Extender). Doesn’t have to be that specific one, but as long as you have one in some shape or form, new or old.

Not getting fat. Already got the race extender.

Alrighty, then that narrows the problem down quite a bit! I can absolutely confirm that the races work themselves, so I’ll run with the first scenario I mentioned. Can you confirm that your mods folder contains both the BigFatties and ModFattiesRaces paks? It’s also important that I put emphasis on the races part of that file since it is a completely different file from the one simply called “ModFatties”.

I may have put the races file in the wrong folder. Fixed now!
Still getting used to Starbound modding

1 Like

That’s perfectly fine! It’s very common for people new to installing these mods to run into this problem so at least it was something fairly simple to fix, no harm done!

Would it be possible to add fattening effects to procedurally generated melee / ranged weapons? If so, then I’d like to see if it works with the mod that lets you reduce procedural weapons to the parts and swap them around

May I suggest, for a race, the Bunkin. They’re not like the Bunnykin. They’re more like humans with bunny ears. And also some of their clothes. Cause their clothes could be really good with all of Big Fatties

wait im confused, for the ModFatties Fracking enemies, do I drop the folder named Mod Fatties Fracking Enemies or the file inside named “_metadata” ?

Refer to the following visual guide of installing mods, as an example of how your folder should look at any point:

As you can see, it is the folder itself that is installed there, but the _metadata should usually one of the next things you see once you open up a folder, alongside whatever else was packaged.

Likewise, since you seem to have some past installations of these mods based on your BF posts, please take care to completely delete any old folders of the same name in your ‘mods’ directory and replace them entirely with the new ones.

ah okay thank you. I was just confused since the post said to put a pak file in the mods category

.pak files are just compressed folders, tbh.
You install them both the exact same way.

You’re welcome! Also, as @7x9000 stated, you may as well think of them both as folders either way. If anything, you probably have to be a bit more careful with standard folders so that you don’t merge them with old versions, but otherwise, they’re practically the same in every way, content-wise.

Work on swimsuits has been split into its own addon. There still isn’t that much done in it yet though. Dropbox - ModFattiesSwimsuits.pak - Simplify your life

1 Like