Starbound Mod Mod: Mod Fatties

Hello, saw the person who was originally working on the Viera race say that whoever wants could take the reigns on it in here. Will it continue to be worked on as I would be interested in seeing that.

What races does the granular mod fatties pak support? It doesn’t seem to work for argonians. Wondering if something is broken or its just not there

Finally came back to have a look at this mod, and I’m liking the progress it’s made! Having the option to have your character dynamically gain weight, with outfits that fit the different stages is quite good. Playing through the game again I also got inspired to do a little bit of spriting to spruce up my own ship - I haven’t the first clue how to mod this game but it’s possible to use a custom sign importer, remove frames and allow transparent colors to basically import sprites as signs. I figured someone else might get some enjoyment out of it as well.

If there’s interest I’d be open to sharing the sprites I’ve done so far, or potentially helping out making new ones.

18 Likes

Oh I like those. if you do share could you make alt version at somepoint? more different race in them type of alt?

The races mentioned in the mod’s files are the Kemono, Gallifreyan, Neko, Nightar, Ningen, Barometta, Clownkin, Dreemurrers, Eevee, Gardevan, GoatPerson, Lamia, Lastree, and Radien. Most of them should work but I know that the Lamia only has upper body support.

Ah so argonians dont have granular support then? Got it

Hello, I seem to be missing something. I’m not sure how to properly install these mods. When I download the files above, I get a singular .pak file, not a zip. Don’t the .pak files need an associated folder to work? The .pak files are in my mods folder, however the custom races don’t appear in the character creator. I am using Xbawks Character Extender. I also have The BF and Granular WG mods installed. I would really appreciate the assistance! Thanks!

It’s not overly difficult or time consuming to make an alt version for them. In most cases it will be a palette swap with a new head, and adding race specific features. Though with several races and several different sprites the time will still add up, and I personally don’t have an interest in half of the races (Hence why I’ve only done Floran/Hylotl/Humans).

So… maybe.

I realize I may have posted in the wrong thread.

I’m getting a crash when trying to select a blank race for my character:

[10:31:52.518] [Error] Application: exception thrown, shutting down: (StarException) Unknown species kind ‘fatnovakid’.
[0] 7ff7d34aa213 Star::captureStack
[1] 7ff7d34a8f9e Star::StarException::StarException
[2] 7ff7d34a92e5 Star::StarException::StarException
[3] 7ff7d3881cd1 Star::SpeciesDatabase::species
[4] 7ff7d3c66ee0 Star::CharCreationPane::createTooltip
[5] 7ff7d3c345d6 Star::PaneManager::update
[6] 7ff7d3cf30b0 Star::TitleScreen::update
[7] 7ff7d33f66b1 Star::ClientApplication::updateTitle
[8] 7ff7d33f4731 Star::ClientApplication::update
[9] 7ff7d3bbd4d1 Star::SdlPlatform::run
[10] 7ff7d3bbd68d Star::runMainApplication
[11] 7ff7d33f7731 WinMain
[12] 7ff7d3da07af __scrt_common_main_seh
[13] 7ffd3a177974 BaseThreadInitThunk
[14] 7ffd3b16a271 RtlUserThreadStart
[10:31:52.518] [Info] Application: shutdown…
[10:31:52.663] [Info] Root: Shutting down Root
[10:31:53.522] [Info] Application: Destroying SDL Window
[10:31:54.135] [Info] Application: stopped gracefully

Any idea which mod causes this and how I can fix it?

You will need to install the appropriate race mod(s) that you wish to use. The files here do not contain them themselves, they only give compatibility between races and the primary mod via additional files.

Also just a .pak file is alright, it’s a format that the game recognizes.

That’s a remnant left in the base Big Fatties mod. We have to wait for Dispatch to complete the removal.

There’s a fix already in that thread near the bottom too- Fixes clothing lag too.

I dunno about a wrong thread but your work is rather nice! If you could assemble it and drop it in this thread or another it’d be welcome either way to a majority of people. As most have access to .pak unpacking and repacking apps and can tinker to their heart’s content (Or just enjoy as it)

1 Like

just wondering how its going for Lamia xP

I was wondering if anyone could make a compatibility mod added with the filled belly for the taurikin but with full fur and hair since idk how to “code” n crap like that Steam Workshop::Taurikin Full Fur Hair Patch

edit: no?

Do you think it could be possible to make templates for each of the decorations so that people could do them for modded races (Lucario, Avali, etc) Also when do you think you might get these added into modfatties?

Can we get some Slime compatability?

There already is. The goo/slime person race from frackin universe, if you just want the slimes without the rest of it… well… you used to be able to find the goo race.pak file and just plop it down into the mods folder(where you’d put the frackin universe folder), but I’m going through the folders and I found a bunch of “slimeperson.species” files and… I don’t think you could just plop THEM into the mods folder… You could try it… there are also some config “namegen” files… in the species folder in the FU folder…

…There’s a humanoid folder with art assets of the different races as well…

on second thought… don’t try it.

I know you were referring to the OTHER slime mod(there’s 2… at least… since I’ve checked last), maybe if someone made a standalone mod of the goo species in frackin(in fact, it might have used to be standalone until frackin added it in, possibly due to lack of updates…)

Frackin’ absorbs a lot of mods. The slime race absolutely was a standalone before, but now they’re a part of Frackin’.

i’ve kind of wondered if a fat conversion could be done for the elithian races mod, then again it’s a rather large mod with a whole 4 or 5 races now