Starbound Mod Mod: Mod Fatties

but, if we have the mod in .PAK file, how we do to put these sprite on the mod?

For one reason or another, the version I linked will overwrite the one included in ModFattiesRaces just fine so long as you put both of them in your mod folder as they are. Yet, I still can’t figure how to consistently reproduce this method since it didn’t seem to quite work when I tried to do the same with the alternate fat sprites for the Elites but whatever, better than nothing uwu.

Likewise, this wouldn’t even be an issue if I hadn’t goofed up pretty hard on this, but guess now I know I’ll need to use a better testing method and a more ‘professional’ checklist.

I’ve seem to come to a realization. I cannot download Mod fatties or any of the other additions on this thread :c I’m unsure why, but i keep getting a popup saying I dont have an app to open these with?? I don’t understand.

You should certainly be able to download everything without the need of an app/account on the sites, so I’m going to assume two scenarios here:

If you just mean that you cannot open the files due to needing an app to do so, but can download them normally otherwise, you’re actually already good to go. Pak files can be extracted, but is not a requirement in order to use them; just drop them in your mod folder and you’re pretty much ready to play so long as you have the base BigFatties mod as well.

If you instead mean that you literally cannot download the files as you implied then I guess it’s a browser problem on your end or something? I’m fairly certain you can click the links while not even signed in and still be allowed to reach the sites and download stuff from them as well. Either way, you definitely shouldn’t need some kind of app so long as you’re downloading them from a normal web browser.

I don’t know if this mod is being updated still but could support for the shoggoth race be added?

2 Likes

If this is still being done, I’d like to suggest adding this Pikachu race.

These mods don’t even work with the Big Fatties mod at all. They only interefere with each other instead of actually working with each other. I have tried everything I could to get these mods to work, but they only mess up the Big Fatties mod. Like when I press the enable button on the Big Fatties menu, the options don’t even appear in the boxes. They just stay blank at all times. This is both frustrating and disappointing that I find that the mods don’t even work. I guess Ill just stay with the plain ol’ Big Fatties mod since these ones are completely useless.

It’s almost as if the main mod was updated long after these mods were worked on

1 Like

Not only that but hmmmm…the main mod being maintained by one person, and these other mods being maintained by another person…gosh, who would’ve thought that since these two people are working at their own paces, and may or may not have to deal with personal matters - perhaps even complications from a “certain virus that shall not be named” - compatability may not be in perfect sync? Although, unless the main BF mod was updated recently (excluding the W.I.P version), they should still be compatable regardless.

…but what do I know? I’m just a lil’ :smirk_cat: fella~

2 Likes

Would anyone be willing to make more species compatible with the Granular addon? I’ve been on/off working on a set of sprites for the Jolteon race, though if anyone can or has been working on other races and granular compatibility, that would be swell!

Hey would anyone happen to still have the Trollbound Race pack stuff? As I decided to take a look for HazmatHellfire’s Troll mod out of curiosity but I can’t find anything so I think it mite be gone and its just Trollbound around again. (& Colour me curious dose it work with grubscars?)

Hi i’m new i really like this mod but can you add lagiacrus big fatties?

I am here to request a certain species. The Grimmkin. I feel like they could be really nice. Plus who can say no to a Vampire Bug?

1 Like

Hey, creator of the Grimmkin mod here! I’d just like to second that request, I kinda hoped someone would make it compatible with BF when I made it haha

1 Like

Well, I did not expect the creator to say that. That works tho.

yeah i forgot to put the link to the lagiacrus race Steam Workshop::Lagiacrus Race

It sure is fun to see how many people that make these Starbound races are also open to this kind of ‘content’~. Hopefully someone is indeed willing to take up the mantle, but if not, then no harm in giving it a try yourself if you ever have the time and feel up to it!

Trust me, if someone like me, with no true artistic talent, nor a major knack for modding, can make stuff for the mod, then I know you can too, friend! Worst case scenario, may take some trail and error to make sure nothing goes wrong on the first attempt.

3 Likes

I’m not very good with round shapes in pixel art, otherwise I probably would have done it myself already, heh. If someone does do compatibility, though, feel free to ask me for anything that might help you!

1 Like

Fair enough! Despite having a template to work with, it’s also pretty difficult for me to mentally process roundness on a 2-D plane but got a bit used to it thankfully.

Once again though, hopefully someone is still willing to take up the task, I’m already busy on the next race, and have some redos on the schedule as well, but perhaps I could even end up being the one to work on them if I think I’m up to it – no promises though, at least not anytime soon uwu.

Can someone make a compatible mod with the spirit tree race?

3 Likes