Starbound Mod Mod: Mod Fatties

Nervmind, I found the cause of my low FPS.

I suggest you do this race titled “Pyg”. I think a pig race would be an obvious candidate for fattening.

I have a request: Steam Workshop::GnollBound

You may know
There was CuteBound which can remodel vanilla race with Mod found in CHUCKLEFISHCommunity.
Big Fatties image does not fit without remodeling

Hello folks. I am new here and interested to make a few contributions to the great work you are doing here with Starbound. I have found a mod which adds nekos (catgirls/catboys) (Steam Workshop::Neko Alternate) and I decided to code in the fat stages for them, learning from what has been done with mod fatties races. I have done it successfully and would like to share this. Before I post what I have made, I must ask: Do I need explicit permission from the author of that mod to do this? (considering that it is effectively a reskin for the human body) Also, do I need to offer something like a dropbox, or would a simple attach be sufficient? Or maybe I can send it directly to @Spreeuzaki? I apologies for the questions, I am new here and still trying to learn my way.

Normally, I find the best/safest format to use for these releases is to give credit to the original mod maker for the race (Cat2002 on Steam in this case) and Dispatch, the person behind making the fat bodies and much of the BF mod itself at that.

In terms of permission, it’s often ideal to use your own discretion. While Dispatch generally doesn’t seem to mind other people making additional modded races for the mod with the use of the bodies, the maker of the race itself may or may not be as lax about it. Of course, it can be…“awkward” to specifically ask the race creator for their permission for something like this, so at the very least give the mod maker credit as mentioned before out of respect, and simply take the mod down as soon as possible if they do seem upset by their use in this mod. Most people here seem to (rightfully) prefer to respect the wishes of fellow content makers if possible, even if they happen to publish their work on “other unrelated sites/platforms”.

Finally, posting a link to your mod is often more than sufficient - be it by dropbox, mega, direct upload, etc. - and in this case, since the bodies seem to be a variant of the human body, Spreeuzaki will likely use an integration method similar to the kind they use for most human body reskins if they include it with the rest of the mod fatties races, but as long as you have a link here and have the file paths set up correctly, people can still install and utilize it as is.

Hope that informed you of everything you needed to know, and likewise, I’m sure there are plenty of individuals who would greatly appreciate your contribution to the number of races covered by the mod!

Ok, your advice is highly appreciated. So, I was just about to upload the thing (and wrote something which I hope would have given proper credit), but apparently I can’t upload the thing because I am a new user :(. Maybe I just have to wait a few days to be enabled to do this. I apologies for the inconvenience.

1 Like

so i have the enemies having some weapons but its always the lard rifle and nothing else. i am wondering 1. if the enemies supposed to make your character fatter when they use them and 2 why am i only seeing the lard rifle on enemies

If you have turned on the Bigfatties interface then getting hit by the lard rifle and other weapons will fatten you, it might be that you are fighting enemies that don’t have all the weapons in their weapon pool? Otherwise its just luck.

I am wondering if anyone else has this issue with male Lyceens specifically. After the pak and everything, it remained the same for me

Hello folks, I apologies for not being able to post this sooner. So, following my earlier post, I have added the fat levels for neko for Starbound Mod Fatties, using Dispatch’s work for the human body. Please find attached to this a .zip file which contains a ready-to-use .pak of Mod Fatties Races with the neko included, and a folder with the files required for integration (mainly for @Spreeuzaki to integrate, using their own method for grouping races using the human body). Please note, this is intended to be used for the Neko Alternate mod for Starbound, which can be found at Steam Workshop::Neko Alternate. It should work with the original neko mod (haven’t tested, though). Right… to give credits, where credits are due:

• @Dispatch, for the lovely Big Fatties mod, and for the human body skins;
  • @Spreeuzaki, for their work on Mod Fatties;
  • cat2002 and Fueledbycancer, on Steam, for the Neko & Neko Alternate mod for Starbound;

That should about cover it all (hopefully). Have fun with your catgirls/catboys :3 modfattiesraces_neko.zip (2.6 MB)

2 Likes

For the Pokemon races, will there be a comparability mod for the Lopunny race? If so, will it included the “busty”, “stuffed”, and “filled” versions? Here’s to hoping either way!

Chucklefish Link (If you want to see for yourself): Lopunny Race Mod | Chucklefish Forums

“Lopunny Improvements” - Lopunny Improvements | Chucklefish Forums

Long time lurker here. I noticed a lot of the races featured in Frackin’ races have been included. However the Kirhos is one of my favourite races and it isn’t currently included with the modfatties races pack. i’d love to see support for this race!

That… doesn’t sound familiar… was it added recently?

well … I have a problem … the mod of the playable character “Lycanroc” of the mod “Big fatties” doesn’t work, I put the files in one of the mod “big fatties” and its doesn’t work, I will have more than one question …
1 : what is the exact location where I have to put these files (I found the mod file but I don’t know to play the Species caracter) and I need to extract these files like “Big fatties mod” ?
2 : what would the mod or mod advised? and how should I install them?
3 : will it need to have a mod that increases the number of species playable and, what advice?
4 : does the new version named “Starbound - Unstable” prevent mod used previously to work well?
5 : is there any other version of this mod? if so, send me the link(s)

thank you for answering me if you have the solutions.

Maltraice

Hiya! I’m grateful, as always, that someone seems interested in the Lycanroc stuff! I have a few ideas of what your problem might be, but I’ll answer your questions first and foremost:

1. The standalone version (the one I have in my own post) requires you to put the bodies in certain folders, such as ‘bloblycanroc’ in the ‘blob’ folder and so on. I’d recommend downloading “Mod Fatties Races” instead, from the top post, since it has the Lycanroc merged into it alongside other races, and installation will simply have you place the pak file in the “Mods” folder and nothing more than that.
  2. The only mods you need is BigFatties itself, and the Lycanroc race mod in question: Steam Workshop::Lycanroc Race (Note that this is a Steam workshop mod.)
  3. You certainly do! Any kind of “Race Extender” will be sufficient (A popular one is Steam Workshop::Xbawks Character Extender); doesn’t matter which one you use, just need one that adds slots for modded races one way or another.
  4. A majority of mods are made with standard “Starbound” in mind, so the ones I linked - and I believe even BigFatties and ModFatties themselves - won’t work on the test/“Unstable” branch (but I haven’t tried it myself honestly so who knows…) – so yeah, I’d recommend using normal Starbound if you’re going to use any of this stuff with maximum mod compatibility.
  5. Nope! The standalone one and the merged (M.F.R) one are currently the same until either I, or someone else, updates the race bodies, and both versions should work exactly the same otherwise.

If you have further questions, I’d be fine with answering them - unless someone else does first - otherwise if you do manage to get everything working, I hope you’ll have fun with rotund stone canines~ uwu

Ok, understand, I have all of mod I need, I put correctly the file, but I don’t know to “uninstall” the update of Starbound - Unstable, how do we do?

Well, the Unstable branch should be its own thing entirely, so you should be able to have both normal Starbound and the unstable branch installed together without mod issues so long as you only use mods pertaining to the respective version.

If, for some reason, your Starbound folder and unstable branch are installed to the same folder, then you’ll just have to wipe your files and make sure you install only those pertaining to the stable/normal release. Honestly, standard Starbound is extremely test-friendly, so you really won’t need the unstable branch for much of anything, especially since I doubt there’s any noteworthy updates for that version at present, if anytime soon at that.

Not too sure, as i only picked up Frackin Universe about a month ago. It should come with the mod though.

I think soo I was really a little idiot right now … I didn’t noticed that there were two versions of starbound on steam: Unstable and “Regular” Starbound (with the update of the “bounty hunter”) I took care to recover the mod and uninstall Starbound - Unstable to use the original, I hope it will work this time …

YESSS! FINALY!!! ITS WORK !!

im soo happy that work, thanks for your help, and now, I will enjoying more of that game!!!

1 Like