Starbound Mod: Starpounds Big Fatties

It’s better for the mod to be a pak file. If you’re desperate for it to not be a pak, please learn how to unpack it on your own time. The search bar is a good friend.

2 Likes

Somebody did reupload your mod onto the Steam Workshop. They also linked your Twitter in its description.

you’re a saint, thank you!

It’s taking a little longer to get the fix uploaded. I forgot I merged the the fix directly into my copy of the BigFatties.pak file, and I haven’t had time this week to pull it back out and turn it into a standalone fix.

I should be able to get back to it later today or this weekend, so watch this space!

It took a bit longer to get this put together as a more proper patch instead of a quick-and-dirty fix, but here it is Zeth (and whomever else might be wanting to run a BF Dedicated Server)

Just unpack this into your mods folder and it should let you start the server up without a problem. I doublechecked it on my own server, and its working just fine.

UPDATE: This is for the WIP version of Big Fatties that Discord released in early October and only this version.
UPDATE: Dec 22nd: I made a small change to my patch to ensure it’ll load properly (I added a line of data to the _metadata file to ensure this loads after the main BigFatties mod).

Xarian’s BF Fixes.7z (5.0 KB)

Fixed Items:

• Fixed//added mislabeled file so a dedicated server can start up (mainly just added the new .png file with the correct name).
  • Fixed a pricing error for the Florian Fatty Needler. This took a while to get the patch file to work right, and is completely unnecessary for the server to work properly, but it was a good learning experience.

Disclaimer: This is a self-created patch that I put together myself, and is not an “official” patch by Dispatch. You will likely need to delete this fix when Dispatch gets the time to release the next version of the main BigFatties mod.

2 Likes

Hey can someone tell me when was the last update

The most recent up date was October 1st. Dispatch doesn’t consider it a full update (calling it the WIP update) but it does add a few things into the mod.

Does anyone know if the spirit tree or lombax race has support yet?

If so could you send me a link

I downloaded the stuff that I needed to but I don’t know how to get the right file that I need instead of the park one?

All you need is the .pak file.

I’m in need of some help.

I’m making my own sprite for humans based off this: https://twitter.com/GalacticMagpie/status/1192014558396743681

however I’d like for it to have a bigger hitbox and I can’t figure it out for the life of me.
I tried to edit the hitbox size in “bigfatties.pak” alone, but editing anything in it crashes the game on start up.

i haven’t got any knowledge of this and i’d love it if someone could help.

Main thing I would suggest would be first unpack the .pak file then change the dedicated hitbox folder. Not an expert but it’s worth a try. Another thing would to double check to make sure you have the right syntax/grammer since even a singe misplaced quotation mark, comma, you name it, will break the file

This makes me think, with the larger body, we would have space for actual shading. Also, how about heat effects? More isolation means more time spent on cold biomes without negative effects… and more effects on warmer ones.

I am pretty sure, through particles, sweating could be done easily as well as cold mist breath. Would need to be optional for those who are not into it, but I would love to see stuff like that added.

I mean, imagine the gameplay effects on RP: you are about to visit an ice planet and so spend a few minutes (“hours”) on the lard tank to gain some isolation, but oh no! the next stop is a desert planet. Time for either a training montage… or a bunch of ice cream supplies to be decimated. What happens first, you reach your objective or the cream reaches your legs?

1 Like

hello, could i get a invitaion to the discord server. new to this site and have no idea on how to send dms here!

1 Like

Alright, I’ve unpacked the .pak file but the hitbox coordinates aren’t making sense to me.

“standingPoly”: [[-5.8, -4.5], [-5.4, -5.0], [5.2, -5.0], [5.8, -4.5], [5.2, -1.85], [1.8, 0.25], [0.75, 0.25], [0.75, 0.65], [0.35, 1.22], [-0.35, 1.22], [-0.75, 0.65], [-0.75, 0.25], [-1.6, 0.25], [-5.4, -1.85]],

no matter where i start i can’t map out the current hitbox to figure out a new one. not by pixels, inches, or centimeters. the most sense i CAN make is that “-5.8” in pixels could be by tens. so like -58 pixels left, but it still doesn’t make sense when mapping it out.

please help, I’m getting a headache…

Use the debug command in order to see the outline of the hitbox on your character. It’s still gonna be a guessing game of which points are what, where, and how they connect. But it’ll properly give you the shape and how it’s being adjusted.

I can’t thank you enough, not only did you steer me in the right direction but i also found a way to mathematically map it out.

there is a 4x4 box directly under the players head. this is important because that 4x4 doesn’t follow the same rules as the other pixels.

All other pixels are measured out by 8 pixels, meaning say 5.0 is 40 pixels to the right. but let’s say you want to go down diagonally, using “paint.net” and using the line tool, you’d have to use the farthest most corner of that 4x4 in order to get an accurate spot. using the bottom right corner of the 4x4 and dragging down 41x40 pixels you get the coordinates of [5.2, -5.0] the 3rd set of coordinates in the original bigfatties.pak (41 and 40 divided by 8= [5.125, 5.0].

HOWEVER, this will not be 100% right. at most you’ll be about 1 maybe 2 pixels off of your target coordinates. but this is the most accurate way i’ve found.

2 Likes

to make understanding it a bit easier

bottom left corner says offset:41x40

2 Likes

Can NPCs vore you? I’ve been trying to find some information in this thread but it’s a big thread and I can’t find any post mentioning it with the search function. Took me ages just to figure out how to enable vore.

An invite to the Discord would also be wonderful. I’m super new here yeah, but I have a server I could host with.

2 Likes

Hey, could you upload your re-texture when you’re done? It looks veeeery nice and i would like to have it aswell