Starbound Mod: Starpounds Big Fatties

here ya go, it doesn’t have any movement animations. the only thing i altered was the space around the head so it doesn’t look too crappy.

also, here’s the coordinates i used for the hitbox incase you wanted to use that too.

“standingPoly”: [[-8.0, -3.9], [-7.4, -4.95], [6.4, -4.97], [8.0, -3.9], [7.0, -1.95], [5.2, -0.37],[3.25, 0.63], [1.13, 0.5], [0.75, 0.87], [0.35, 1.5], [-0.35, 1.5], [-0.75, 0.87], [-1.25, 0.63], [-2.75, 0.20], [-4.87, 0.0], [-7.87, -1.85]],
“crouchingPoly”: [[-8.0, -3.9], [-7.4, -4.95], [6.4, -4.97], [8.0, -3.9], [7.0, -1.95], [5.2, -0.37],[3.25, 0.63], [1.13, 0.5], [-1.25, 0.63], [-2.75, 0.20], [-4.87, 0.0], [-7.87, -1.85]],

unfortunately the hitbox doesn’t reverse so when you turn left it will be a little out if place. it doesn’t bother me too much so i’m probably gonna leave it like that.

3 Likes

By the way, that sprite’s for female characters(?)
Edit: also, how do i apply the whole thing? I’ve never modified hitboxes

People who don’t read the first page about having to DM me to get a discord invite, aren’t ever getting a discord invite if they ask for it here.

This has been discussed multiple times, but while npcs can be given the ability to vore.

1. There isn’t really a way to do it that wouldn’t force itself onto others that wouldn’t want to see it in the first place.
  2. The ai is incredibly simple and giving them the ability to vore would be incredibly unfun as they just rush you, vore you, and if you can escape, immediately vore you again while being unable to do anything else for combat.
3 Likes

Interesting to hear! Admitiedly, I thought number 1 would have meant that such an addition would have that feature placed into its own separate, downloadable addon so that people had no chance of stumbling upon npc predators of any kind if they don’t like that kind of thing – alternatively, you’d get some kind of npc vore tool alongside the player one that you could give to npcs through some manner (i.e: a npc or crew customizer/creator mod) meaning that the player would have full say on who or what gets to be an npc predator.

Number two in particular though is what I figured would be in the way from a technical standpoint. I can certainly attest to the A.I being simple with how fustrating it is to have them appropiately swap between weapons I’ll give them based on combat context, even in regards to a simple melee and ranged setup, so I can only imagine how disastrous it’d get if you try to give them some kind of vore tool. Wouldn’t be surpised if it would be more common for a crew member equiped with one to eat the player or other crew members more often than actual enemies, perhaps even vice versa for enemies equiped with one.

I had a bad feeling about that. I personally don’t mind there being a toggle feature but by the sounds of it you know something I don’t that would prevent it from working properly and being toggleable at all. The second point I don’t really mind but I see how it could get very obnoxious very quickly. The old Starbound vore mod had a separate colonist deed thing you could toss in that made only predators spawn but I think what the vore people like myself really want is for human and other NPCs to occasionally randomly eat you, maybe when your health is low. But, I digress. I don’t know what the code of Starbound looks like or how it can be modded. Like I said it sounds like you know something I don’t so I’ll take your word for it.

Perhaps it’s worth adding an FAQ tab in the first post that covers stuff like this, such as “No NPCs cannot vore you because (reasons).” Maybe it’s because it was 5AM when I was reading this thread but I couldn’t find any information on it so I apologize for the tediousness of answering this question. I also had trouble figuring out how to enable any of the features because my dumb ass couldn’t connect the dots at first that you have to literally press the button that says “Disabled/Enabled” to make it work.

Could be worth tweaking the language on that last bit. Instead of saying it’s disabled and looking like a grayed-out option, have it say “Enable” to communicate that this button turns on the features. Then once it’s on, “Disable” to turn it off. Just a small UI criticism.

Otherwise the mod is pretty damn awesome and I very much want to join a server that hosts it.

How about a cooldown? I ain’t no programmer but i think you can set one up, some weapons that already exist in the game have cooldowns between one hit and the other
Like those big flaming shortswords (god i love those) that are super slow

Then you just end up with an enemy that just stares at you doing nothing for awhile.

1 Like

Like this?

3 Likes

Didn’t think about that… Well, not like you would have the strength to charge against someone that just climbed his way up your throat.

Does anybody know why the fatty stage does NOT work for the protectorate set?

I made a much cleaner version of the body for the Hylotl, im working on making a modified arm sheet to go with this ill probably make a human version later
mega fat

7 Likes

ok I missed something but are large sizes being added know? since I am seeing a few images that look much larger?

1 Like

Seconding the question that was just asked. What’s with the new image?

Anyone know which sets of clothing work with every stage of fatness added with the integration of the Granular mod into the base mod? I’m aware that many of the clothes in the game were made with sprites pre-Granular so there’s gaps in the fatness levels. I know for fact the Protectorate set you get at the beginning of the game has sets for every level of fatness, but I’m curious which ones also work. Posting this in this thread as well, asked in expanding clothes thread.

No this is custom stuff, they wont be adding larger sizes, ill will probably be releasing the textures I do end up making over in my alterative texture pack stuff

1 Like

Ah nice! Thank you for illuminating me.

ill probably work on the human textures some point soon, but the Hylotl ones are done

4 Likes

well its a shame larger sizes won’ be added (always hoped for larger scale but thats their choice) good luck with the texture work

1 Like

Will these be downloadable in the future?
Also does this work for male and females?