Starbound Mod: Starpounds Big Fatties

something I just want to bring up. could their be like a tore clothing item for the blob sizes? no specific details from any one clothing just some color variations.

Short answer: Yes. But it would require creating a new sprite for it.

does inhaling tool sound good or not? i honestly cant tell what has been suggested or not

Hey everyone I tried asking this question a couple of months ago but I didn’t get any answers. This mod used to work fine for me until it randomly decided to start giving me framerate issues any time my character is not the default size. The only mods I have installed right now besides this one is Frackin Universe, Frackin Music, Improved Containers, A.V.I.A.N, Freeze that Gate, Learn Blueprints on scan, eStyleFaces, and Futara’s Dragon Engine.

Like I said, I only have issues when my character is not the default size, I get big lag spikes every few seconds.

Just to update. I’ve removed all the workshop content and have done a reinstallation of the game and I’m still having the framerate issues. Don’t know why it used to be fine but now it’s not :confused:

you using the most uptodate version? and it could just be your computer. I used to use a laptop and eventually I could hardly play starbound just because the computer was having problems playing it

It’s definitely up to date

These are my specs if it helps

Processor Intel(R) Core™ i5-7600K CPU @ 3.80GHz, 3801 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

I don’t see how this makes any sense really.

the specs dosn’t help me unfortunately I am not IT my Dad is but I never learned the trade

If you haven’t already, reset BF by clicking on the Arrow-Circle icon in the upper-right-hand corner of the BF interface to reset all of your settings.

Other than that, my guess is that it could be something else in your mods. I run BF & FU together with no problems, but I know there are plenty of other mods that conflict with FU for one reason or another. Improved Containers is one such mod that doesn’t play well with FU.

Otherwise all you can try and do is to make a backup of the Storage folder in Starbound (that has all of your character and universe data in it), and eliminating your other mods one mod at a time to see if it makes a difference. Assuming you’ve subscribed to the other mods via Steam Workshop, its very possible one of them updated to suddenly cause a conflict with BF… Also, try creating a new character. Maybe your current game is just getting too bloated and is having issues?

Bottom line, it’s a problem with your particular installation. Again, I know BF works fine with FU, but the rest of your mods I don’t use, so that’s where I’d look first.

Tell me, by chance, is it only lagging when you have something in the mods’ ui clothes slot?

Nope. I completely uninstalled everything but this mod, and it only happens when the character sprite is anything other than default. Fresh save, fresh install of the game, fresh install of the mod.

What race are you playing as? Have you redownloaded BF? What version of BF are you running? I’m using the WIP version myself currently.

has it been implemented yet?

Hey, quick question, I might just be dumb and not seeing something but is there a guide on how to make races compatible? I just don’t understand the code or anything involved much at all (I’m not a coder, I made a race through a framework, dedication, and slamming my face into a wall) and I’m wanting to add a race I made, the Fluxkin, as an option for fattening.

EDIT: I looked at the code for Mod Fatties Races and I think I get how it works pretty darn well, basically just making armor with careful naming, but gonna leave this here if there’s anything beyond that.

ha ha inhaling tool sounds bad lol

1 Like

As you discovered, it’s as simple as carefully naming the armors. As it tries to match keywords, as well as identify the race in question.

Decided at this point to try something and see if I regret it or not. Deciding to open up the Discord Server for a bit. Judge whether it’s a mistake or not afterwards. So now there’s a link in the first post of this thread. And also here.

is the link updated?

dispatch can you make blob body on outfits plz or some one make plz

im fairly certain the general idea of blob is to have outgrown clothing