Starbound Mod: Starpounds Big Fatties

So, aside from the crash on loading a save the first time (but I’m assuming it’s reloading the universe or something so that’s fine), I’m noticing that the fatty novakid race doesn’t seem to have blob outfits.

So, I guess the question is whether or not the novakids’ glow issue from earlier versions has been fixed, or if there’s gonna be some blobnovakid race or something. :stuck_out_tongue:

Nice update, I was trying it out last night! I was wondering if there were any chances that we’ll get effects for farting and/or burping in the future.

2 Likes

I was looking at adding the Viera race to the mod, but my own attempts have proven a little fruitless. I can get the items to spawn for them and show up but there’s no skin tone changes.

Still a great mod though!

Be sure the armor your making has the same exact colors used for the modded race you’re basing it off of.

Yeah, I’m not exactly understanding the color part. I’m looking at the coding and it’s just not jiving with what I think it should unless I’m looking at the wrong part.

Not the coding. What colors are being used for the pngs. The colors used are important as those are the hex colors used as a template that gets overwritten ingame. So say if one body is using orange colors, the armor to fatten it up should also be using the same orange colors.

image I’m trying to get this.
image with the body shapes to match.

That’s where my current confusion is.

Are you actually making a new set of armor for the modded race?

They have their own .chest and .leg items yes, no actual spritework yet though until I figure out the body part.

I found in mod data something intresting. It was a “Blob Dispatch”, “fatties bar”, " fork and knife", “treasure”, " doom sword", “apex feeding table” . Where i can found it?. (sorry for my English)

Most of those are unobtainable. Treasure is just the treasure pool required for the fatty novakid race. The feeding table was replaced by the feeding tube, and the fatties bar is the craftable store.

How do you fatten NPCs?

Get a milkshake gun from the bigfatties store. Find an npc that is not invulnerable. Fire as much as you like and watch.

Very nice, thanks! My only gripe with this is that the gun fires a little too slow. Might be just me idk.

Oh my, it’s finally here! I think it’s time to finally post some stories and stuff, like I said. Someone else kinda inspired me to do so! Besides, I think we need some more spoiled Glitch princesses getting their comeuppance in the best way possible…

1 Like

Lovely mod, thanks to all of you who were involved in making this!

Now this is more of a general question rather than a direct question to the author, but since it seems that the Glutton badge directly equips the character with the “body armour” to the vanity slots to simulate weight gain, would it be possible for me to modify the code to make it instead equip clothing for each fat tier?

I’ve not modded anything in Starbound before, but I can’t imagine it being too difficult to dive into. So instead of pestering the author about making the glutton badge work with armour/clothing, I was hoping that maybe I could receive some tips on where to start to learn how to mod the game, and maybe where to look in the current mod to make the changes that I’m after.

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

I’d like to see your prompt with, if possible, a screencap, I could give it a shot if you’d like.

Dispatch, you have exceeded expectations! This mod update is absolutely amazing! I am especially a fan of the sound effects for the Glutton badge. Very good! I can’t wait to see what else will be added!

2 Likes

Quick question about the weight gain guns, is there a way to have an NPC lose weight?

They’ll slowly lose weight over time.

1 Like