Starbound Mod: Starpounds Big Fatties

awww ok , well thank you for taking the time to message me

Slimes would be nice, I’d love for the Kitsune race to be added myself <3

Update on the Slime compatibility patch: having the same palette issues as I did with the Felin (read: the colour picker won’t transfer the correct colour; the darkest green on femalebody becomes the darkest red on chestf), which obviously presents problems.

If anyone more experienced in GIMP can tell me what’s going on, I’d appreciate it very much. =w=;

Is the image color format “indexed”? When an image is indexed, it limits it to a certain palette, and if both images are indexed it might be selecting the color’s index number instead of the actual color itself. If this is the case, try switching it to “RGB”

2 Likes

Yeah, that was the problem. Dunno how I missed that, but thanks!

how did you get your skunk to be fat? if i may ask ?

I created sprites for armors tailored to the species. That’s how I got them fat.

im new to starbound , may i ask for help on how to do that ?

First of all, I really love this mod so far. The armour and the badges are well desgined. The only thing I can think of is to add a treadmill, some more feeding machines, or a a few feeding entities.

3 Likes

A treadmill sounds like a good idea

1 Like

So currently just working on an update for more clothing options. Mainly for the outfits in the mod that didn’t get more variations with the new body types such as the officer, noble, star track and kimono set. Bringing the peacekeeper and neo sets in to go with the bounty hunter update. As well as the slime set, disguise set, and sweater vest as a bonus. That’s the goal for the upcoming update. What comes after I have also been thinking of. Though it might also be a good idea to see what people’s wants are for the costumes in general.
For any update after I have thought of the santa, moneybags, pilot, spacesuit, miniknog, wizard, snow infantry, and cultist set as priority. But would be interesting to see what anyone else thinks about those priorities.

7 Likes

I think the priority should be on the sets people tend to have access to first, either by crafting or acquisition. I wouldn’t worry about anything more elaborate until after that. I am not too fussed about depth of compatible clothing options; I’d prefer to see sets mesh with the gluttony badge better (like having clothing of the wrong size transformed into something that looks too small or perhaps even transformed into a ruined variant) and I don’t worry too much about say, roleplaying as fat santa lol.

(e: by access first, I mean for a new character that hasn’t got their base fully upgraded or started planet-hopping)

3 Likes

Variations of clothing can’t work because of the way it needs to be covering the body fully to pull off. Any skin showing on an armor can’t be used without making it specifically tailored for every race. And having the gluttony badge recognize clothing too small is too complex for it to be feasible. A lot of the clothing options for races that they start off with are limited to work with as well. Since a fair bit of them show off skin. The whole line of Avians and Florans for example. And a lot of the girl variants of the same outfits. Leaving very little racial clothing options to work with that can look fine without making an undyeable, racial specific outfit.

3 Likes

My opinion is that adding more clothing should be prioritized above all else, so I appreciate what your doing with the next update. The clothing you picked to work on seem like fantastic choices, but since you asked about preferences, I would love to see the Straps costume, some floran outfits, and more human clothing such as shorts

1 Like

As I said, clothing that shows off skin won’t quite work. Unless I added various odd clothing to obscure things. Say if I tried to make shorts work. Well then there’d be a heavy pair of legs that can’t be shown without either adding tights/leggings. Or making a version for every single race in the game. The latter option, also means the clothing won’t be dyeable without cheats.

5 Likes

I see, I should have read that post :sweat_smile:. Yeah, that would definitely be a lot work. I was thinking about how cool it would be to see plump legs in some nice shorts lol. But that leggings idea seems interesting, as I leggings are my weakness xD

1 Like

I’ve been playing with this mod recently and I love it! The parts I love most are the enemies in erchius mine that have fattening attacks (really noticeable if you shield their attacks) and being able to use the lard gun on NPCs. I noticed that as the fenerox race the different sizes take on your characters colors except for the blob size? Also at some point a treadmill would be a nice addition, just for another way to get back to a more mobile size instead of chugging digestive tonics and waiting.

2 Likes

I like the mod so far, and while its just me asking, are you still working on the busty variants? If you are, maybe those could be part of the next update!

1 Like

I gotta ask, do I need to download both the Big Fatties mod and that extra Hitbox mod, or are hitboxes adjusted in the Big Fatties mod already?

Would any of you want to play multiplayer with this? I find it alot more fun when other people can mess with me by shooting the lard guns, DM me if you are interested in playing with me.

1 Like