Starbound Mod: Starpounds Big Fatties

Just Big Fatties I believe

Not sure actually. I’ve been using both to be safe.

Hitboxes have been added to the mod for a long time now.

2 Likes

In my time playing I also noticed that when trying to fatten merchant NPCs their hitboxes will be modified like they are getting bigger but their appearance doesn’t change, any idea why they aren’t having their visuals changed?

That has happened to me while I was trying to fatten up with a custom race, maybe it’s something similar?

I’ve observed that too, always assumed it had something to do with their outfits? Relatedly, I don’t think the altar gives the tracker effect to NPCs, because they don’t seem affected by it unless they’re hit with the shake gun first. If it’s just a matter of adding the effect, shouldn’t be too big of a fix.

Edit: This is the version with default projectiles, if you want NPCs to have a better chance of hitting please see the Vanilla NPCs Choc Gun download

I was experimenting to see if I could add anything to this mod, so far this is what I have. It makes an npc usable version of the milkshake gun and puts it in the weapon spawns for most vanilla enemies. I couldn’t figure out how to do it with patch files so this might not be compatible with stuff since its hard modded. Let me know what you think, and the enemies don’t have very good aim, also friendly fire.

Just unzip that and drop it in your mods folder, no need to put it in your Big Fatties folder to play.

Edit: Unzipping can make an extra folder around the mod, make sure there is only one level of BF NPC Gun folder when putting it into mods.

2 Likes

Gotcha, thanks for the info!

This just seems to keep crashing my game

It seems that unzipping it will make it nested inside an extra folder, make sure you only put the folder from inside so that the _metadata, items, and npcs are just inside the folder you place into mods and. should be like mods/BF NPC Gun/, it will crash if its inside an extra one like mods/BF NPC Gun/BF NPC Gun/

Hey is the blob body supposed to not be able to pick objects?

It irks a little me that each time to pick something i have to unequip the badge

1 Like

I really love playing with this mod and appreciate all you did, Dispatch! I absolutely love this and can’t get enough of it. Roleplaying as my Garuda gal, Noketta, has become a whole lot more fun. Thank you so much for this mod!

That being said, is there any plans for adding one, maybe two, pieces of clothing that grow with you? I don’t expect much, maybe just something that dynamically changes. What would be the difficulty in adding that?

I think its just because how high up you are off the ground, since the hitbox moves you up in the air so that the blob armor doesnt go through blocks

Did the folder thing fix the crashes for you?

Nope, doesn’t seem to have changed anything

Edit: Seems like its not that, something else is crashing my game. Even after removing the mod my game will crash upon loading a save so I’ll check my mods then try it again

Have you perhaps tried just draging and dropping the mod in the mods folder

You could try seeing in the mods you have to see if some mod’s description says it’s uncompatible with another mod you have. Some mods also change stuff in the game that makes the game unplayable if you remove them so if you uninstalled a mod recently before the game started crashing that might be it. In that case you should delete everything inside the player and universe folders. To find them just go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\storage.

Well I just removed a ton of mods from steam workshop and my mods folder. Uninstalled and reinstalled, and cleared the player and universe folder, my game just doesn’t load anymore
-w-’’

Hmm, that’s strange. I myself have deleted the files inside the player and universe folders two times already and my game still works fine. Did you delete the actual folders? I’m not sure, but I think you might need to reinstall the game if you deleted them.

I didn’t delete them, only the items inside the files